Spacious Interior or Boardwalk Balcony Any Good?

Hello everyone,

I've been considering booking a spacious interior found in the front of the ship or a boardwalk balcony found in the aft of the ship, and I want to know which option is better.

Thank You. 

31 minutes ago, CruiseNerd2123 said:

Hello everyone,

I've been considering booking a spacious interior found in the front of the ship or a boardwalk balcony found in the aft of the ship, and I want to know which option is better.

Thank You. 

I did the very aft boardwalk balcony. It was loud. They played football games so loud i could hear with my door closed and it's a long walk to the elevator. 

That being said I liked it better than central park which feels more closed in. I liked being able to see out the aft, though it's not as good of a view as I hoped. I have boardwalk booked again, on utopia for one. I like them for the lower price usually than a ocean view. 

• Like 1

To me it doesn’t matter how “spacious” an interior is. I would take a teeny tiny balcony any day. I’m not a big fan of the Boardwalk balconies since I prefer to see the ocean, but it’s still preferable to an interior.  And yes, I have done both. 

Posted (edited)

During the day the Boardwalk balcony will allow all of the activities there to be seen and heard and at night, depending on location, will provide a view of the Aqua show.  In our one experience with a stateroom in that location, the noise subsided with the end of the last Aqua show and was not noisy at all past that.  

I would agree with those as well in taking this balcony location over an interior.  But, other than that one time, our preference and choice is always and ocean view balcony v all others on the ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I would prefer a Broadway balcony near the aft to any interior forward. Nice both to have a balcony and see the action below. 

I recommend a higher deck (we stayed on deck 12 and had no issue with noise). I recommend you select a deck that has staterooms above and below you. 

Whatever your decision, enjoy! 

14 hours ago, CruiseNerd2123 said:

Hello everyone,

Thank You. 

That would entirely depend on how many people you are booking it for.  The spacious interior will be much better suited if you are boong for 4 or more people while with 3 or less I'd go with the Boardwalk. 

We did the very last balcony on the 9th deck on the Allure right above the Aqua Theatre.

On a whim.

We could see the ocean.  We could see the rehearsals for the Aqua show from our balcony.  We could watch the wall climbers.  We listened to the staff at Johnny Rockets do impromptu shows down below.  We could people watch.

It wasn't too noisy at night.  During the day it could be, but we were also out and about.

Would I book it again?  No.  It was a LONG WALK from the elevators.  I certainly got my steps in on that cruise.

If it were that or an inside.....I probably would book it again....! 🙂

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would pick boardwalk balcony vs an interior any day.   

Ditto.  I don't know how big a spacious interior but I'd take the balcony for natural light any day of the week.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't know how big a spacious interior.......

Published as 260 sq. ft., which is pretty large compared to the boardwalk balcony at 182 sq. ft. (+ 52 sq. ft. balcony).  With a foldout couch and pullman beds it can hold 5.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Published as 260 sq. ft., which is pretty large compared to the boardwalk balcony at 182 sq. ft. (+ 52 sq. ft. balcony).  With a foldout couch and pullman beds it can hold 5.

Wow that is actually quite big. Bigger than I expected.  I'd still probably go with a Boardwalk balcony for the two of us but if I had any extra people I'd be looking at that cabin.

Edited by Tree_skier

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow that is actually quite big. Bigger than I expected.  I'd still probably go with a Boardwalk balcony for the two of us but if I had any extra people I'd be looking at that cabin.

My initial response on this thread was focusing on location and I wasn't considering size. No offense intended to those who book interiors, but I am interior adverse so I always gravitate towards balconies. (In the past when we booked family staterooms, they were the window categories).

But all that being said, the size of the spacious interior does come into play when you consider the comments by @Ourusualbeach regarding having more than 2 in the stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

We had a boardwalk balcony then an Ocean view balcony on Oasis last year... I'm gonna admit I spent more time on the boardwalk balcony. I like action, though- I'd rather sit up there and people watch, watch the games on the tvs at playmakers, see the ocean off the back end and hear the music from the Aqua show when I'm out there rather than pitch black ocean at night. 

• Like 2