Labadee canceled

25 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Grand Cayman is a tender port which was always a big negative to me. Got canceled many times, 50% but I see you are scheduled from 7 to 6. Never had 11 hours, was always a lot shorter. You have time rent a car and go to Rum Point. Something to consider. 

WAIT!?  I was just about to say out of all these mid-late April notifications I didn't see any update about the Explorer of the Seas sailing leaving 3/31.  My cruise planner still shows Labadee, and I have no emails from RC yet?  Is this real?  Grand Cayman? 

2 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

WAIT!?  I was just about to say out of all these mid-late April notifications I didn't see any update about the Explorer of the Seas sailing leaving 3/31.  My cruise planner still shows Labadee, and I have no emails from RC yet?  Is this real?  Grand Cayman? 

In fact, I just checked it again and it even is still allowing me to book excursions on Labadee! Why haven't we gotten notified, we are 12 days away?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

8 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

Yep!  My TA forwarded the email this afternoon.  We're also a b2b on 4/5 @ 9 night no stop in labadee on this itinerary.  Hope this helps!

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang

9 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

In fact, I just checked it again and it even is still allowing me to book excursions on Labadee! Why haven't we gotten notified, we are 12 days away?

Same here.  logged out of app, logged back in to app.  It still shows Labadee.  Different legacy computer systems maybe? Uh! Dunno! Hope this helps!

1 minute ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Same here.  logged out of app, logged back in to app.  It still shows Labadee.  Different legacy computer systems maybe? Uh! Dunno! Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!  Yes totally helps, so in everyone's opinion, would it be safe to cancel our current excurionS we have booked for Labadee and allow the refund to process so we can book something else?

51 minutes ago, Laplayaperson said:

Thank you so much!  Yes totally helps, so in everyone's opinion, would it be safe to cancel our current excurionS we have booked for Labadee and allow the refund to process so we can book something else?

Yes. I doubt very much Royal will be calling on it anytime soon. I know they are looking at the issue every week but until there is some sort of order in the rest of the country they aren’t going to go.

7 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Oasis of the Seas April 7 will skip Labadee April 9 and instead go to St. Maarten April 10. I’m ecstatic!

I’m on this sailing as well, was definitely a nice surprise getting that email. Are you able to book anything yet for st Maarten? My app still showing Labadee currently 

1 minute ago, theycallmedp said:

I’m on this sailing as well, was definitely a nice surprise getting that email. Are you able to book anything yet for st Maarten? My app still showing Labadee currently 

No, but we were interested in the Race excursion there and just booked it on Viator this evening. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Director Rules said:

Sailing on Symphony on  the 20th April. Have not seen any change for Labadee... any info on this sailing?

Too far out I suspect.  Notice for an April 6th cruise on another ship just went out yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Too far out I suspect.  Notice for an April 6th cruise on another ship just went out yesterday.

Still no word on April 6th Symphony cruise.

I've seen many cruises after that date already changed.

• Like 1

Just now, RWMike said:

Still no word on April 6th Symphony cruise.

I've seen many cruises after that date already changed.

For whatever reason it appears Symphony is last to be updated among the Labadee impacted ships.  

My understanding (unconfirmed) for 3/23 she is going to Falmouth.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Havin'fun said:

Adventure 4/12 sailing just changed from Labadee to Grand Turk. 

I have always liked Labadee but Grand Turk is a new  port for me so this was a decent trade off.

Grand Turk is an upgrade.

• Like 2

Today we got an email about our cruise on Oasis the last of march. CocoCay TWO days, becouse Labadee will be canceled.

My question is:
Will they "close" CocoCay on the evening/night? We will be docked all night i think...

I cant think that the ship will leave and come back again the following morning. 

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Sailing is the 23rd and we got out change of port notification yesterday afternoon

That is interesting. I am on the same sailing. I haven't received any notification. I saw here and on the app.

36 minutes ago, Bromma16872 said:

Today we got an email about our cruise on Oasis the last of march. CocoCay TWO days, becouse Labadee will be canceled.

My question is:
Will they "close" CocoCay on the evening/night? We will be docked all night i think...

I cant think that the ship will leave and come back again the following morning. 

When they did 2 coco cay nights just after the restart, first they'd go out to sea for the night, then changed it to stay docked, but with the gangway closed overnight.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It all depends what you are looking for 

Better beach with sugar sand and not a rocky bottom, friendlier vendors, more food options, better snorkeling and boating options, tons of shopping and you don't have to worry about being shown on CNN with a bag over your head. However, while there is a flowrider and swim up bar, there is no makeshift roller coaster. By the way, did you apply for the open Secretary of Tourism job in Haiti yet? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Better beach with sugar sand and not a rocky bottom, friendlier vendors, more food options, better snorkeling and boating options, tons of shopping and you don't have to worry about being shown on CNN with a bag over your head. However, while there is a flowrider and swim up bar, there is no makeshift roller coaster. By the way, did you apply for the open Secretary of Tourism job in Haiti yet? 

All true about GT; however if you wanted a quiet day on the beach with an open bar and your drink package; Labadee is better. 

Again, it all depends on what one is looking for. 

• Like 4

Bummer. We only got another day of cruising and we already had two. Now we have 3 days of cruising and only 2 port days. Disappointing. Symphony of the seas April 28. 6 night western.

IMG_0980.png

Posted (edited)

Just an FYI. RCCL isn’t offering any upgrades, reduced cruise price or even port fees back for changing to another cruising day. We’ll be cruising more than actually going anywhere. Not impressed. For those who got an alternate port that you aren’t happy with, you should just feel lucky. Some of us only got more time at sea for the same cost. 😡

Edited by Bethorama
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

Just an FYI. RCCL isn’t offering any upgrades, reduced cruise price or even port fees back for changing to another cruising day. We’ll be cruising more than actually going anywhere. Not impressed. For those who got an alternate port, feel lucky. Some people got just more time at sea. 😡

Yes - if RC determines that Labadee is currently too dangerous I support their cancelling, but I really hope they do everything they can to reroute the ships so they don't. have an extra sea day.  There's nice waterfalls in the DR and Jamaica and places to go for people who like animals for those who want to leave the ship and St. Marteen is beautiful (and Maho beach is interesting).  

Edited by kitkat343