Labadee canceled

2 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Maybe the passengers on board did not have enough time to reschedule anything off the ship and just decided to stay put. I have been to Nassau enough times that if we get off the ship, it is only about two hours or less to stretch our legs at the local shops.

Were any shore excursions offered or was the change in itineraries too late to book something?

Falmouth is not my favorite port, so I didn’t look at excursions.  But I have heard people talking about what they were going to do, so there may have been some offered.  I was just surprised by how many people stayed onboard.  This cruise has been great so far, but I’m not sure I have ever seen so many teenagers.  Not as many small children, but lots of teens.  And in general, they have been quite well behaved.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 3:31 PM, HBE4 said:

Disappointing that the Labadee stop is cancelled but look on the bight side. Rather than getting an alternative port where you'd be spending money on food, beach chairs, excursions, etc, you are actually saving money by eating food already paid for, free pool-side loungers and - if drink package purchased - free drinks. Financially speaking, you are getting a better value for money already spent.

Be happy Royal isn't adding a surcharge for the extra fuel they are burning. 😀

I can see why some are not happy with losing a port of call.  Labadee is not just any port of call either, it is a neat private island.  We are the opposite, we would welcome another sea day.  

All this in the context that Haiti is a dangerous place to go right now and Royal Caribbean did not create the situation. 

We have our Labadee moment of truth coming up later this year.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:06 AM, sjinnj said:

Some of you people are so harsh.  I stopped coming to these board for a while and now I remember why.  

Its just a few and they are easy to ignore.  Most are still helpful and constructive.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Labadee cancelled into May:

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

Due to the evolving situation in Haiti, we’ll now visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, instead of Labadee, Haiti. We’re terribly sorry for the last-minute change – your safety is our top priority. Nevertheless, we’re excited to take you to our beautiful private destination! Below, please find our revised Adventure of the Seas April 26th, 2024, itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

4/26/24

Fri

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:00 PM

4/27/24

Sat

Cruising

4/28/24

Sun

Cruising

4/29/24

Mon

Willemstad, Curacao

11:00 AM

8:00 AM

4/30/24

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

8:00 AM

8:00 PM

5/1/24

Wed

Cruising

5/2/24

Thu

Cruising

5/3/24

Fri

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

5/4/24

Sat

Your Day in Perfect Day at CocoCay

There’s a reason we named it Perfect Day at CocoCay – because it’s truly a perfect day! Our chill seekers can sunbathe in a private Overwater Cabana or enjoy a drink at the swim-up bar in the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean, Oasis Lagoon™! Thrill seekers can bounce, climb, and swing their way through the obstacles in Adventure Pool, or take on the tallest slide in North America – Daredevil's Peak®. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to kick back and chill, Perfect Dayat CocoCay has you covered!

Shore Excursions

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Labadee will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, you can browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in My Royal Cruiseto level up your vacation.

Feel free to use this letter for insurance purposes.

Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Adventureof the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

Edited by orville99

Our May 16th SYmphony sailing.

Labadee replaced with Nassau

2 days at sea now, and visiting Orlando the next day for a full day. Perfect Day pushed another day, and now Nassau with 2 sea days at the end.  This is the same 7-day itinerary from Bayonne with an extra sea day.

image.png.a6db4b42ac269e5278498d9e6fbf8871.png

Wonder of the Seas April 28 will spend a second day in Puerto Plata.  We were originally scheduled there on day 5.  We will now be there both day 5 and day 6.

Dear Guest,

Due to the evolving situation in Haiti, we’ll now enjoy an extra visit to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, instead of Labadee, Haiti. We’re terribly sorry for the last-minute change – your safety is our top priority. Nevertheless, we’re excited to have another day in Puerto Plata with you! Below, please find our revised Wonder of the Seas April 28th, 2024, itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

4/28/24

Sun

4:30 PM

4/29/24

Mon

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 AM

4:00 PM

4/30/24

Tue

Cruising

5/1/24

Wed

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10:00 AM

5:00 PM

5/2/24

Thu

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

9:30 AM

6:00 PM

5/3/24

Fri

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

3:00 PM

5/4/24

Sat

Cruising

5/5/24

Sun

6:00 AM

We are booked for Labadee on a short 4-day Independence sailing in July. Maybe the situation will improve by then. Since it is our only port, will be interesting to see what we get if we have to switch. I actually do not mind Nassau. 

I wish RCLL would just set a date. Now that they are cancelling May is June far behind? If they flip my DR stop, I have to switch that excursion - outside of RCLL. I just want to know. Sorry for whining!

2 minutes ago, Butters530 said:

I wish RCLL would just set a date. Now that they are cancelling May is June far behind? If they flip my DR stop, I have to switch that excursion - outside of RCLL. I just want to know. Sorry for whining!

I stated in another post that waiting is the hardest part.

Just let us know so we can adjust whatever plans we made.

The stress comes from dealing with unknowns that we have no control over.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Butters530 said:

Here's the good news - when I was supposed to sail to the DR last January, all the private tour operators responded to my emails by first explaining their generous refund policies if the ship didn't dock. I thought that was a strange thing to highlight in an introductory email  until I learned that NCL had run a ship aground there the previous year and were cancelling a bunch of stops in the DR after final payment (or sometimes even after boarding) so the private tour operators were very familiar with changes to itineraries and at least all the providers I contacted to seemed very generous with moving dates.  

On my cruise, NCL cancelled the port stop in the DR after final payment, claimed it was to help the environment, continued to advertise the original itinerary and didn't let anyone cancel - not even the people who booked directly with NCL after the port was cancelled and were not notified of the changes prior to booking.  The DR providers dealt with this mess for nearly a year, and they seemed to be handling it very well. 

I'd recommend contacting your provider to see what their cancellation policies are.  Hopefully, RC will let you know soon and the DR providers will continue to be generous with their cancellation/rescheduling policies.

Edited by kitkat343

We are on freedom 1st - 4th April.

Was set to be 

Coco cay

Nassau 

Sea day 

Now looks to be

Sea day 

Coco cay

Nassau

Oasis was already rescheduled from labadee to double Coco cay so it seems we clash with their 2nd day now instead of 1st. Guessing this is to allow for a different ship at Coco cay or nassau

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ATG said:

Just got the same one for our September sailing on Adventure.

2 minutes ago, Seven Cs said:

Us too. Turks & Caicos instead for our September 21st Adventure of the Seas cruise. So RCCL are really planning ahead now!

On our sailing - there are no shore excursion options yet. Anything for your's?