Labadee canceled

Here we go just received this email

Due to the evolving situation in Haiti, and in an abundance of caution, we’re temporarily suspending our visits to Labadee for our entire fleet. We continue to monitor and assess the situation with our Global Security & Intelligence Team. We’ll now enjoy a visit to Perfect Day at CocoCay instead of visiting Labadee. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by these changes. Nevertheless, we’re excited to take you to a new port! Below, please find our revised Explorer of the Seas March 17th, 2024, itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Falmouth, Jamaica

7:30 AM

4:00 PM

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

Fri

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Your Time in Perfect Day at CocoCay

There’s a reason we named it Perfect Day at CocoCay – because it’s truly a perfect day! Our chill seekers can sunbathe in a private Overwater Cabana or enjoy a drink at the swim-up bar in the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean, Oasis Lagoon™! Thrill seekers can bounce, climb and swing their way through the obstacles in Adventure Pool, or take on the tallest slide in North America – Daredevil's Peak®. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to kick back and chill, Perfect Day at CocoCay has you covered! 

Shore Excursions

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Labadee will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in My Royal Cruise to level up your vacation.

Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Explorer of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

space
space
Royal Caribbean Logo
space
space
space
space
© 2024 Royal Caribbean International. Use of our various websites, mobile application(s), kiosks,
and other digital platforms are subject to our Terms of Use.

You are receiving this email message because you are booked on a Royal Caribbean International cruise.
This email is informational only. 

Be sure to save Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts and noreply@everbridge.net to your contacts,
to ensure you receive all the important updates regarding your booking.

Royal Caribbean Intl.
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
www.royalcaribbean.com
space
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Anton said:

We get Grand Turk as a substitute for the Adventure 8 night starting on Friday.  Not exactly an exciting stop but it is what it is.

Nice! The water in Grand Turk is so pretty. We get another Sea Day, and that is okay with me. 

• Like 4

I think they had no choice but to cancel. I've seen a lot of people calling to cancel cruises going there. They wanted a refund and werent going to get it. Now royal can say the ship isnt stopping there, shuts down the refund talk  ... mostly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Anton said:

We get Grand Turk as a substitute for the Adventure 8 night starting on Friday.  Not exactly an exciting stop but it is what it is.

Better than the Nassau we got for This Saturday

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Shannon12 said:

Better than the Nassau we got for This Saturday

Oh, absolutely!  Grand Turk is much more pleasant than Nassau.  I guess I'll wander down the beach to Jack's Shack for some jerk chicken and a rum punch or three.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow. I am surprised that they actually decided to cancel. Although the PM did just resign today, from where he has been stuck in San Juan. 🙄 Thanks for letting everyone know. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good to hear. From the aggressive vendors to the lousy food and lack of lounge chairs, I certainly won't miss it. RCC should have their heads examined for spending the millions on this fake "resort". What the hell would stop a gang from storming the docked ship? And please don't say the security guards who you can't trust as far as you could throw them.

Edited by GOLFER1234
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rolloman said:

.I think something to be concerned about as a cruise passenger, it is the fact the ships will have to stop and rescue these folks and this will cause separate itinerary alterations. 

Weekly postings have occurred for months documenting cruise ships obeying Maritime Laws demanding that they provide rescue at sea for those in distress on international waters.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

“Out of an abundance of caution!” 👍 the very phrase I predicted the company would use, yesterday. With over $50M sunk into this venue, I honestly feel for the company, but once travel insurers started to baulk at coverage, the writing was already on the wall. It’s been a tough few years for this  industry and hopefully the situation will improve soon, 

Edited by Jetdriver787
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, GOLFER1234 said:

Good to hear. From the aggressive vendors to the lousy food and lack of lounge chairs, I certainly won't miss it. RCC should have their heads examined for spending the millions on this fake "resort". What the hell would stop a gang from storming the docked ship? And please don't say the security guards who you can't trust as far as you could throw them.

Always enjoyed it. Very pretty spot for a beach day. Never had an issue finding plenty of chairs. Food is nothing great, but whatever. Beer is cold. Vendors are easy to avoid. 

I'm 100% positive Royal will be back there... Likely sooner than later. 

Edited by Twenty2020
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Talking to some other passengers on the ship, and they are saying that they think Royal made a good decision for everyone’s safety. We will enjoy our Sea day. 

Edited by sandebeach
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Jetdriver787 said:

“Out of an abundance of caution!” 👍 the very phrase I predicted the company would use, yesterday. With over $50M sunk into this venue, I honestly feel for the company, but once travel insurers started to baulk at coverage, the writing was already on the wall. It’s been a tough few years for this  industry and hopefully the situation will improve soon, 

Hopefully Haiti gets a stable government and citizens can live a safer life. I’m sure cruise ships will return once the gang situation is under control. 

• Like 3

I find it fascinating that this post has so few replies. What happened to all the individuals that were saying this would never happen just two days ago?

• Like 8
  • Haha 3