Labadee canceled

5 hours ago, poleman88 said:

When will they change the cruise planner to show excursions for Falmouth now that Labadee is cancelled?

Falmouth excursions are showing in the app but I can't select any.

6 hours ago, Bethorama said:

I had her speak with her manager and she came back with the policy in changed ports. Yes, they are probably dumb like you said but that doesn’t change the fact that they are not giving any reduction in price. 

I still don't understand why you feel you are owed a reduction in price, it is an unrealistic expectation

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I still don't understand why you feel you are owed a reduction in price, it is an unrealistic expectation

Because we are getting less than the cruise we paid for. We are only getting 2 ports to go to instead of the 3 as we had booked. Not sure why that is so confusing. 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bethorama said:

Because we are getting less than the cruise we paid for. We are only getting 2 ports to go to instead of the 3 as we had booked. Not sure why that is so confusing. 😀

Disappointing that the Labadee stop is cancelled but look on the bight side. Rather than getting an alternative port where you'd be spending money on food, beach chairs, excursions, etc, you are actually saving money by eating food already paid for, free pool-side loungers and - if drink package purchased - free drinks. Financially speaking, you are getting a better value for money already spent.

Be happy Royal isn't adding a surcharge for the extra fuel they are burning. 😀

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bethorama said:

Have you read your cruise contract?  If so, you know you did not actually contract for a certain itinerary or certain ports or a certain number of ports, etc.  That might be sad but it should not be so confusing😉😀

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bethorama said:

You paid for "X" days on a ship, nothing more; stop trying to create a financial loss where none exists.  

Using your faulty reasoning, Royal should charge you a "fuel surcharge" because they are going to burn much more fuel on your journey than they had originally budgeted for.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Disappointing that the Labadee stop is cancelled but look on the bight side. Rather than getting an alternative port where you'd be spending money on food, beach chairs, excursions, etc, you are actually saving money by eating food already paid for, free pool-side loungers and - if drink package purchased - free drinks. Financially speaking, you are getting a better value for money already spent.

Be happy Royal isn't adding a surcharge for the extra fuel they are burning. 😀

Exactly! I’ve already moved on. I’ll be making sure I get plenty of drinks and food every day to get the blue added back. I’m going to have to try some new cocktails with top tier alcohol on this cruise! 😀😀😀

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You paid for "X" days on a ship, nothing more; stop trying to create a financial loss where none exists.  

Using your faulty reasoning, Royal should charge you a "fuel surcharge" because they are going to burn much more fuel on your journey than they had originally budgeted for.

As I’ve already stated several times now. I’ve moved on. I’m going to be sure to drink lots and taste all sorts of food to get my value back, 😀

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you read your cruise contract?  If so, you know you did not actually contract for a certain itinerary or certain ports or a certain number of ports, etc.  That might be sad but it should not be so confusing😉😀

Again. I’m all set. I’ve moved on. You seem to be stuck for some reason. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Are you sure you have moved on?

😁

Just making absolutely sure you have moved on........

Last post, I think you are sure.

As Columbo would say, "I just have one more question..." (Columbo, Peter Falk, 1971-2003).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bethorama said:

As I’ve already stated several times now. I’ve moved on. I’m going to be sure to drink lots and taste all sorts of food to get my value back, 😀

Like Aerosmith said Don't Get Mad, Get Even. 

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:24 PM, fla33023 said:

Oooooh, that is nice!!!

Yup, I’m jealous. 

we are April 14th sailing of Oasis and we are just an extra sea day now. With some extra time in Falmouth the day before. 

I haven’t seen much about my cruise but we’re on Explorer 3/31 and I think rerouted to Grand Cayman.  I didn’t get much communication except a cancellation of Haiti excursion but the Georgetown excursions are popping up.  

On 3/22/2024 at 8:25 AM, xpcdoojk said:

Not sure getting comatose drunk is getting even, but I do guess it is a start!🤣

That is how many fans of the rock bands of the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s felt when they went to the live shows.

😇

On 3/20/2024 at 12:21 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I would not hesitate to take a ships tour in Falmouth.  Far safer and nicer than Nassau.  IMHO

jc

I love going to Falmouth!  For me it's better than Labadee, mainly because I'm not a beach person.

On 3/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, Bethorama said:

I had her speak with her manager and she came back with the policy in changed ports. Yes, they are probably dumb like you said but that doesn’t change the fact that they are not giving any reduction in price. 

They wouldn’t, it’s in your cruise contract. The only thing I would expect is a refund of port fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

They wouldn’t, it’s in your cruise contract. The only thing I would expect is a refund of port fees.

And port fees are rarely refunded. The fees you pay are an estimate based on historical data. When the ports post their actual fees, they are often higher than you paid; when something is cancelled, those fees go to cover the shortage. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And port fees are rarely refunded. The fees you pay are an estimate based on historical data. When the ports post their actual fees, they are often higher than you paid; when something is cancelled, those fees go to cover the shortage. 

And the final numbers can be determined during the sailing.  As previously mentioned if a refund is appropriate, it can be posted to the on board account as a refundable on board credit. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, BingoBangoBungo said:

I haven’t seen much about my cruise but we’re on Explorer 3/31 and I think rerouted to Grand Cayman.  I didn’t get much communication except a cancellation of Haiti excursion but the Georgetown excursions are popping up.  

That is great, Grand Cayman is such a beautiful island. 

• Like 2

I’m currently on Symphony and we’re at Falmouth.  The pools look just as crowded as they did yesterday (a sea day).

1 minute ago, ATG said:

I’m currently on Symphony and we’re at Falmouth.  The pools look just as crowded as they did yesterday (a sea day).

Maybe the passengers on board did not have enough time to reschedule anything off the ship and just decided to stay put. I have been to Nassau enough times that if we get off the ship, it is only about two hours or less to stretch our legs at the local shops.

Were any shore excursions offered or was the change in itineraries too late to book something?