Labadee canceled

1 hour ago, tntornadox said:

The Labadee cancellations are moving much further than May... just got this for my Adventure sailing in August! Understandable but sad as I was pumped to visit both private destinations in a single sailing!

image.png

Advrnture seems to be the only ship so far.  I find that odd.   

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:
3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Just saw on a FB page that Adventure of the Seas pulled into Labadee at midnight one night and delivered supplies. The supplies might be for the people living there?

Yes. They've been doing humanitarian stuff, especially fuel for generators.

Am I the only one that finds this odd that with everything that is going on  and the decisions that have been made , that Royal is making middle of the night stops with thousands of passengers aboard .... (Assuming this is actually true) .Especially in light of all the talk about Travel insurance policies possibly even becoming invalid due to this ... Seems Risky

??

Just now, LobsterStalker said:

Am I the only one that finds this odd that with everything that is going on  and the decisions that have been made , that Royal is making middle of the night stops with thousands of passengers aboard .... (Assuming this is actually true) .Especially in light of all the talk about Travel insurance policies possibly even becoming invalid due to this ... Seems Risky

??

RC never stopped due to safety concerns. They stopped due to PR concerns.

Plus since the ship wouldn't have been cleared for passengers to disembark, the ship technically was never there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Plus since the ship wouldn't have been cleared for passengers to disembark, the ship technically was never there. 

Madagascar Penguins, "You did not see anything."

You-Didnt-See-Anything-Madagascar.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seven Cs said:

Our “plan my cruise” is still showing as Labadee, I just went on to see if there were and Turks & Caicos excursions showing.

I’m waiting to book also!

• Like 1

Still waiting to see what they will do for our July 4th Indy cruise.  Only stop was Labadee, so waiting to see where we will end up going.  Just hope it is not Nassau, really don't care if they take us anywhere else.  Would love Puerto Plata or Cozumel, but will see what they decide to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seven Cs said:

Our “plan my cruise” is still showing as Labadee, I just went on to see if there were and Turks & Caicos excursions showing.

I was on the first cruise affected by the change back in March. We had Labadee in the cruise planner until pretty much the first day of the cruise. 

But don't sweat it. There won't be many excursion options since it's a tiny island.

• Like 1

I wonder when they will modify the November sailings. I am on the Independence on the 4 day that only goes to Labadee. I am hoping it goes to Puerto Plata. Been to grand turk plenty times on carnival

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Liberty of the Seas

June 20th cruise update:

image.thumb.png.ef39729bb58c5b4f158737ccd19b5813.png

Just asked a question about this in a new thread. How long does it take to show excursions for the new stop in the planner?

1 minute ago, sadiwest said:

Just asked a question about this in a new thread. How long does it take to show excursions for the new stop in the planner?

I think it will take a week or so for the planner to update.  Maybe longer seeing that they have to make accomodations for each and every changed sailing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Liberty of the Seas

June 20th cruise update:

image.thumb.png.ef39729bb58c5b4f158737ccd19b5813.png

Nice itinerary but too bad not more time in Bermuda. That isn't really enough time considering the Dockyard is not centrally located at all. We found plenty to fill up the 3.5 days that we were there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice itinerary but too bad not more time in Bermuda. That isn't really enough time considering the Dockyard is not centrally located at all. We found plenty to fill up the 3.5 days that we were there.

I look forward to spending a few hours in Hamilton.  I also enjoy the bus ride there and back.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That's very subjective , but either way for the thousands of passengers ( half of which probably don't want to be anywhere near ) , the PR issue still stands . And also frome my understanding , whether anyone actually gets off the ship or not , as soon as lines are thrown , they are technically in Haiti ...

??

4 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

??

One's travel insurance fine print is of no concern to Royal; but i highly doubt this type of stop would invalidate anything

53 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

That's very subjective , but either way for the thousands of passengers ( half of which probably don't want to be anywhere near ) , the PR issue still stands . And also frome my understanding , whether anyone actually gets off the ship or not , as soon as lines are thrown , they are technically in Haiti ...

??

I thought a ship is considered to be in a country when it is within 12 nautical miles of that country.