Labadee canceled

On 3/18/2024 at 3:19 PM, kitkat343 said:

An overnight in Falmouth would make it easier to reach these attractions, but I don't know why they would want to route the ships in Falmouth versus  Ocho Rios (if anyone knows of better excursions closer in Falmouth please tell me since I'd love to know!)

When Oasis-class was developed, they were way too large for typical cruise ports... ie, Ocho Rios. Not in a beam/draft/length size way, but in a getting people on/off efficiently way.

That's why ports like Falmouth were developed. Royal could build a massive facility to their specs, and move a lot of the typical stuff that happens when re-boarding a ship (queues, x-ray, security, etc) off the ship and onto the landside space. It's become common practice now, but when those ships were launched at the end of the 00's, it was revolutionary.

• Like 1

Oasis of the Seas sailing out of Miami on March 31 replaced Labadee with a second day at Coco Cay.  Really?  Two days of amusement park in a row?

RCI also will be arriving at Falmouth 3 hours earlier for that previously scheduled stop.

2 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Oasis of the Seas April 7 will skip Labadee April 9 and instead go to St. Maarten April 10. I’m ecstatic!

Oooooh, that is nice!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pghcrews said:

Oasis of the Seas sailing out of Miami on March 31 replaced Labadee with a second day at Coco Cay.  Really?  Two days of amusement park in a row?

RCI also will be arriving at Falmouth 3 hours earlier for that previously scheduled stop.

Better than nothing and if you don’t want both days, treat one as a sea day and get off the ship on the day with better weather. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Better than nothing and if you don’t want both days, treat one as a sea day and get off the ship on the day with better weather. 

That's true, can always go with one of those stationary sea days, lol.

• Like 1

Just received this for our April 20 Adventure cruise:  

Dear Guest,

Due to the evolving situation in Haiti, we’ll now visit Perfect Day at CocoCay instead of Labadee, Haiti. We’ve also swapped the order we’ll visit a few of our destinations. We’re terribly sorry for the last-minute change – your safety is our top priority. Feel free to use this information for insurance purposes. Nevertheless, we’re excited to take you to our beautiful private destination! Below, please find our revised Adventure of the Seas April 20th, 2024, itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

4/20/24

Sat

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:00 PM

4/21/24

Sun

Cruising

4/22/24

Mon

Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

4/23/24

Tue

Cruising

4/24/24

Wed

Nassau, Bahamas

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

4/25/24

Thu

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

4/26/24

Fri

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

Your Day in Perfect Day at CocoCay

There’s a reason we named it Perfect Day at CocoCay – because it’s truly a perfect day! Our chill seekers can sunbathe in a private Overwater Cabana or enjoy a drink at the swim-up bar in the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean, Oasis Lagoon™! Thrill seekers can bounce, climb and swing their way through the obstacles in Adventure Pool, or take on the tallest slide in North America — Daredevil's Peak®. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to kick back and chill, Perfect Day at CocoCay has you covered!

Shore Excursion

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically refund any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Labadee in the form of an Onboard Credit to your SeaPass account. These credits can be used anywhere onboard, and any remaining, refundable amounts at the end of our sailing will be reimbursed to your card on file in up to 14 business days from final disembarkation.

Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Adventure of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

Odysseys new schedule- nice

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

3/24/24

Sun

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

3/25/24

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

3/26/24

Tue

Cruising

3/27/24

Wed

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

3/28/24

Thu

Cruising

3/29/24

Fri

Nassau, Bahamas

3/30/24

Sat

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

6:15 AM

Posted (edited)

My last post was a bit tongue-in-check.

Hard to read if the posters think their replacement day is as good or better than what they expected when booking their cruise.

I am one who enjoys Coco Cay and the Grand Turk Islands so I would enjoy the change if needed due to weather or a possible civil unrest at an island. Nassau is one place I have visited many times but I can enjoy a few hours there at my favorite spots. Bimini is good for one go around but after that, I might stay on the ship on a port day to recharge and relax without doing excursions.

If your itinerary was changed, how was it replaced? Many posters have shown their changes but have not stated if they liked the changes or not.

Does this make you happy, sad, or it does not matter?

I know we all love cruising because why else would you be posting and responding to this change of itinerary? This post has elicited many reactions because we all have expectations when we book our cruises.

I would be one of those that just enjoys the ship on a sea day and call it a day if I cannot make it to port (pun intended).

Thoughts........

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo

5 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

My last post was a bit tongue-in-check.

Hard to read if the posters think their replacement day is as good or better than what they expected when booking their cruise.

I am one who enjoys Coco Cay and the Grand Turk Islands so I would enjoy the change if needed due to weather or a possible civil unrest at an island. Nassau is one place I have visited many times but I can enjoy a few hours there at my favorite spots. Bimini is good for one go around but after that, I might stay on the ship on a port day to recharge and relax without doing excursions.

If your itinerary was changed, how was it replaced? Many posters have shown their changes but have not stated if they liked the changes or not.

Does this make you happy, sad, or it does not matter?

I know we all love cruising because why else would you be posting and responding to this change of itinerary? This post has elicited many reactions because we all have expectations when we book our cruises.

I would be one of those that just enjoys the ship on a sea day and call it a day if I cannot make it to port (pun intended).

Thoughts........

Stuff happens.  It is what it is.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

4/14/24 EX will go to PDCC vs Labadee.  The best part about this change is that there will now be a sea day between the 2 port of call (the other PoC will be Falmouth).

Here's the 3/31/24 Explorer OTS @ 5 Night Labadee update.  NICE! was not schedule to visit George Town, Grand Cayman until next spring 3/9/2025 Freedom OTS.   Yep! Below typo brought you by AVP Guest experience Aurora Yera-Rodriquez  staff.  Enjoy the voyage! 🙂

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Dock/Tender

Sun

Miami, Florida

D

Mon

Cruising

C

Tue

Falmouth, Jamaica

D

Wed

Geroge Town, Grand Cayman

T

Thu

Cruising

C

Fri

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

D

• Like 2

We are due to sail on Adventure 6/1 going to Labadee. I have not been notified of any change in itinerary yet. Thinking about if I should cancel my shore excursions.

If the refund is onboard credit - can I use that to book other excursions?

1 minute ago, Butters530 said:

We are due to sail on Adventure 6/1 going to Labadee. I have not been notified of any change in itinerary yet. Thinking about if I should cancel my shore excursions.

If the refund is onboard credit - can I use that to book other excursions?

If you cancel now your refund will go back to the original form of payment.  However, I wouldn't cancel now. A lot can happen between now and June 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Here's the 3/31/24 Explorer OTS @ 5 Night Labadee update.  NICE! was not schedule to visit George Town, Grand Cayman until next spring 3/9/2025 Freedom OTS.   Yep! Below typo brought you by AVP Guest experience Aurora Yera-Rodriquez  staff.  Enjoy the voyage! 🙂

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Dock/Tender

Sun

Miami, Florida

D

Mon

Cruising

C

Tue

Falmouth, Jamaica

D

Wed

Geroge Town, Grand Cayman

T

Thu

Cruising

C

Fri

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

D

Grand Cayman is a tender port which was always a big negative to me. Got canceled many times, 50% but I see you are scheduled from 7 to 6. Never had 11 hours, was always a lot shorter. You have time rent a car and go to Rum Point. Something to consider. 

• Thanks 1