Sun Princess - Spellbound question

Just now, seapad said:

Let's hope often times than not, Princess rep on the phone or chat team may not have the accurate information.

Let's keep monitoring and report here.

Indeed.  In my recent experience they are at least as likely to be wrong as they are to be right.  When I called on Friday evening, I was told we COULD book Spellbound and Butcher’s Block, but none of the other venues.  Now, today, they are saying something different to other people.  I don’t think they have a freaking clue. This constant chaos is very off-putting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

App is loading quite rapidly. Looks like IT fixed several issues. I am now able to see my Spellbound reservation back. It was previously 'location unknown '. Now it goes back to say Spellbound.

Credit card charge is still pending. Hopefully all is good. How about you all?

• Like 2

I am still unable to see Spellbound on my app.  I'm going to contact my cruise rep today.  I am more than frustrated with Princess.  Hope the cruise is better than their customer service!  It's our 1st experience with Princess & I'm less than impressed!

1 hour ago, seapad said:

App is loading quite rapidly. Looks like IT fixed several issues. I am now able to see my Spellbound reservation back. It was previously 'location unknown '. Now it goes back to say Spellbound.

Credit card charge is still pending. Hopefully all is good. How about you all?

Same experience as you this morning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Same experience as you this morning.

Yes, everything looks normal.  Also, the charges have posted to our credit card account.  They are no longer listed as temporary authorizations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Still nothing for me to book anymore. I assume it will come back at some point. 

I hope so! You’re on the ship ahead of me and I am counting on you to tell me all about the ship and all its venues, especially since you’re staying in the same room. 😄

Posted (edited)

Pictures were posted on another forum (credit to DSM).  It's open and by invitation only right now.  It seems to require more formal than formal night but other than that it looks fantastic.

image.thumb.png.a280a2c71486720db034051d0e523042.png

image.thumb.png.f699fc8370569dc5bc81ea989dce34f7.png

image.thumb.png.671748338145c928143c5fe6889abebb.png

image.thumb.png.bb217f54210ab120c332a3b71736c2a7.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

It kind of reminds me of Warren and Annabelle's with upgraded food and attire.

Yes…sadly it was destroyed in the fire like so many other memorable places in Lahaina. 😢

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Suit and tie?!  Ugh.

My husband retired from a long career in banking operations. His hard and fast rule now is he only wears a suit when he’s paid to. Also, personal opinion, suitcase real estate is getting to be more and more expensive. We can’t afford to pack things we only wear once or twice on a trip. 

• Like 5

The first thing that turned me off was the price tag of $149 and then I saw the mandatory dress code.

fuhgeddaboudit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It kind of reminds me of Warren and Annabelle's with upgraded food and attire.

I’m sure going to miss this place when we go back to Maui next year. It was always so much fun!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Pictures were posted on another forum (credit to DSM).  It's open and by invitation only right now.  It seems to require more formal than formal night but other than that it looks fantastic.

image.thumb.png.a280a2c71486720db034051d0e523042.png

image.thumb.png.f699fc8370569dc5bc81ea989dce34f7.png

image.thumb.png.671748338145c928143c5fe6889abebb.png

image.thumb.png.bb217f54210ab120c332a3b71736c2a7.png

Excited about the entire package, including the attire 🥰

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Been waiting excitedly for some time for this, but the reveal is entirely underwhelming for me, personally. I'd be interested in doing the fun cocktails and a magic show for a lesser fee, but the food menu is not appealing at all, especially for the $149 pricetag, and I have no interest in wearing a tie and jacket when I'm on holiday. Just my personal opinion, but guess it'll be a pass for me. More space for others who are more likely to enjoy the experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I'd be interested in doing the fun cocktails and a magic show for a lesser fee, but the food menu is not appealing at all, especially for the $149 pricetag, and I have no interest in wearing a tie and jacket when I'm on holiday.

Right now it's new so I suspect they'll have plenty of customers even at that price & with a strict dress code.

Give it some time when the traffic slows down a bit & the price will be more reasonable.