Is there a charge for room service?

shadow 123

4 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

Thinking about taking my 1st princess cruise and was wondering if there is a charge for room service. Thank you

Yes, there is a $5 charge for all room service deliveries with the exception of breakfast items ordered via the door hanger provided in your room each day. However, if you purchase the Plus or Premier package, the room service charge is waived as part of the benefits. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Yes, there is a $5 charge for all room service deliveries with the exception of breakfast items ordered via the door hanger provided in your room each day. However, if you purchase the Plus or Premier package, the room service charge is waived as part of the benefits. 

With having OceanNow (included in packages or by paying $14.99/pp) can food be ordered on the app to be delivered to the cabin? I know that there’s the $5 fee to call room service to place an order & that apparently since our most recent Princess cruise a room service order can no longer be placed on the cabin TV?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

With having OceanNow (included in packages or by paying $14.99/pp) can food be ordered on the app to be delivered to the cabin? 

Yes, you can use OceanNow to deliver to your cabin, or almost anywhere else on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

Without a package, you can pay a one time fee of $14.99 to activate the OceanNow app, with your first room service order by app. 
Do not order by phone if you don’t want to pay $5 for each order.

Door breakfast card does not incur a fee.

oceanNow app can also include delivery to you in other places around ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dog said:

Without a package, you can pay a one time fee of $14.99 to activate the OceanNow app, with your first room service order by app. 
Do not order by phone if you don’t want to pay $5 for each order.

Door breakfast card does not incur a fee.

oceanNow app can also include delivery to you in other places around ship.

If you do not purchase PLUS or PREMIER, just one person in your cabin needs to activate Ocean Now on your app for $14.99.  Then. you can order and have it delivered to anywhere you are on a ship.  

@dog and @Astro Flyer explained it all.  There are so many moving parts to ordering from Room Service.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 3

Also if you sail without a package or don't activate the OceanNow feature, there will be food items that aren't available. Sort of like an arm twister to get people to opt in for delivery service. 

38 minutes ago, 555 said:

Also if you sail without a package or don't activate the OceanNow feature, there will be food items that aren't available. Sort of like an arm twister to get people to opt in for delivery service. 

If you don’t activate the feature I don’t believe you can even use the feature. We never use it since we are out and about the ship getting food and drinks at venues

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you do not purchase PLUS or PREMIER, just one person in your cabin needs to activate Ocean Now on your app for $14.99.  Then. you can order and have it delivered to anywhere you are on a ship.  

@dog and @Astro Flyer explained it all.  There are so many moving parts to ordering from Room Service.

We did this. BUT only the person who activated the OceanNow would be ordering or order by their name & device.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

I disagree with this statement. The food items are still available but one has to pay for them. There is a la carte ordering or one can also pay the $14.95 pre fixe price at the venue. I don't know of any food items that are not available without a package or Ocean Now activation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I disagree with this statement. The food items are still available but one has to pay for them. There is a la carte ordering or one can also pay the $14.95 pre fixe price at the venue. I don't know of any food items that are not available without a package or Ocean Now activation.

They appear to be talking about the OceanNow feature and seem to think that they can use the feature without paying and just get a limited menu. No true all or nothing 

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

As I recall there were dessert items that you only be ordered if you had a package or paid the $14.99 one time fee.

I don't remember being to get them any other way.

They weren't offered in the DR either.

1 hour ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Can one still order food / drink items on the TV?  (after paying the activation fee)

No, in -September & in February on my cruises was not. Available by tv

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 555 said:

As I recall there were dessert items that you only be ordered if you had a package or paid the $14.99 one time fee.

I don't remember being to get them any other way.

They weren't offered in the DR either.

I believe you are speaking of these items which can definitely be purchased without a package.

===============================================================

How much do the Premium Desserts on Princess Cost without a Package?

If you’ve booked “Princess Standard,” and not the Plus or Premier packages, you can still pay à la carte to enjoy the premium desserts. The à la carte price is $12 plus an extra $2 to add a shot of liquor.

princess-premium-desserts-menu-and-prices.thumb.webp.ffcb1b9da23bb6e41025ea4214e392e7.webp

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:28 AM, CanadianBurger said:

I found one while cleaning up the cabin this morning. 

IMG_3764.thumb.jpeg.ce632bb593ba89afea1b744e2cb7f07c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

Anyone have a picture of the free breakfast door hanger card?

This was posted on the just completed Live from Sun Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the Ocean Now, where can you order food from?  Can you get the entire meals from the dining rooms, casual restaurants, specialty restaurants, any cocktails, etc?

3 minutes ago, 2806 said:

With the Ocean Now, where can you order food from?  Can you get the entire meals from the dining rooms, casual restaurants, specialty restaurants, any cocktails, etc?

With Ocean Now, you can get anything off the ON menu - not anything from the MDR. The MDR menu is not on room service delivery - for those in Suites, ordering from MDR is a perk, and they have to call to do so.

You can order a variety of cocktails, some items from specialty restaurants a la carte (when open), and the room service menu - sandwiches pizzas, salads, soup, burgers, etc - some items are complimentary and some incur a few such as steak and fries or pizza or Sushi.  The delivery charge is waived for those with Plus or Premier Cruise Package, or a one time Ocean Now activation fee or pay $5 per order if using room telephone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2806 said:

It is a limited menu

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

You can check out THIS LINK for an example of the Ocean Now drink offerings.

At the bottom of that page you will find THIS LINK for an example of the Ocean Now food offerings.

That looks like a great menu. Not really sure how it works yet But I'll keep reading.