NCL mid week laundry special price increase

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Yes, you get a certificate for club balcony. What I don't understand is a so-called 1/2 price certificate.

Mid week the ship runs a special and places a coupon for a bag of laundry 1/2 off in your cabin for you to use.

7 hours ago, julig22 said:

Laundry special is shipwide

It's supposed to be.  On my 15-day about half of the people I talked to had to ASK.  I had to, I didn't get mine until day 8, and I had asked my cabin steward about it that day.

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

All you have to do is go to GS any time and usually they will give you a coupon for half off. Seen it a couple of times. I never did it but a friend did. I have also read it here on CC.  

Actually I am correcting myself, it is not a half off coupon. It is for a bag of laundry.  

On 3/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

Just seen this on another site. Price of the mid week laundry special went up $5. I know, some will say "no biggie" but thought I would mention it for those that use it. 1.thumb.png.22c6f347beac33c2aac32db14e968851.png

If $34.00 is the price of the "midweek special", what is the price on the non midweek days?

20 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I am aware prices go up. What is wrong with sharing it on a Cruise forum. A place where people go to get information???? And thanks for the grammar correction

Did I ever say you were wrong?  I do not recall doing so or even implying it.  Sorry if you mistakenly inferred that. 

18 hours ago, hallux said:

Until my last cruise I packed the same way.  My choices were two airline check-in sized suitcases for one person or have laundry done.  I chose to have laundry done.  Now I know how it works (and can get it free) I plan to pack lighter and just have laundry done while also taking longer trips.

I am lucky I guess.  All my checked bags are free when I fly!  Also, I have only sailed up to a 14 day cruise so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

All my checked bags are free when I fly!

I fly Southwest when I fly domestic, so do I.  But it's also a challenge wrangling multiple bags.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

I fly Southwest when I fly domestic, so do I.  But it's also a challenge wrangling multiple bags.

I comprehend.  Four of us travel together and can pack for up to a 13 day crusie in one suitcase each.  Havng served in the military, one learns quickly how to maximize the amount that can be stored in one piece of luggage.  🙂

Hope yoru next cruise is a great adventure and brings lots of new memories!

12 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I am lucky I guess.  All my checked bags are free when I fly!  Also, I have only sailed up to a 14 day cruise so far.

This will be my first flight in more than a decade. I rarely fly, since my more recent cruises where all from a drive-to port, so checked luggage wasn’t ever a factor. 

8 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I comprehend.  Four of us travel together and can pack for up to a 13 day crusie in one suitcase each.  Havng served in the military, one learns quickly how to maximize the amount that can be stored in one piece of luggage.  🙂

I haven’t had to pack a sea bag or stow my bunk lockers in over 35 years. LOL 😂 Enjoy the luxury of being able to pack two suitcases, a carry-on, and a personal item. 😁

16 hours ago, julig22 said:

Yes, you get a certificate for club balcony. What I don't understand is a so-called 1/2 price certificate.

My apologies. I should have referred to it as the $29 (now $34) certificate, not a 1/2 price certificate. But something tells me that you already knew what I meant.

4 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

My apologies. I should have referred to it as the $29 (now $34) certificate, not a 1/2 price certificate. But something tells me that you already knew what I meant.

Actually, I didn't have a clue what you were talking about - which is why I asked. Or why you'd need to pay anyone to get the flyer that everyone gets when they are running the special.

Thanks for the update.

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Or why you'd need to pay anyone to get the flyer that everyone gets when they are running the special.

That assumes you only want one, one time. Additional certificates are available, for a small tip.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:06 PM, dhanakorn said:

... $34 for laundry special. But the new bag is much bigger than the bag when it was $30. You can look at the Daily for relative size comparison. The bag is also made stronger, not very thin paper anymore. 

Getting ready to pack for next month and found one of the older $29 bag in use for years - looked exactly like the "new" and bigger one now at $34.  Yes, the paper is stronger - the petite ones was thin & prone to getting ripped apart - we recycled & used Amazon shipping bags as insert while rolling & stuffing our free wash onboard. 

PXL_20240328_140438720.thumb.jpg.a2b054d2b5a0e5bbdc96823a639c1f1f.jpg

NCL made a "smart" move, we'll likely "only" send out 4 bags to wash instead of 6, since we can resume packing $100+ worth of items per originally sized, to be washed, dry & folded free for a given 14 or 15 days cruise ahead, 😆 lol. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dhanakorn said:

It has been 3 days and I still haven’t received my laundry back yet. Perhaps there’re so many platinum and above on this cruise. 

What?! What did your room steward say when you asked about it?

4 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

What?! What did your room steward say when you asked about it?

Haven’t seen my cabin steward today yet. With once a day service it’s very hard to catch the cabin steward.

1 minute ago, dhanakorn said:

With once a day service it’s very hard to catch the cabin steward.

He/she is around. Find them and get your frickin' laundry. I will never be confused with a karen, but if my favorite shirt is gone for 3-days: Houston, we have a problem. 😆

1 hour ago, dhanakorn said:

It has been 3 days and I still haven’t received my laundry back yet. Perhaps there’re so many platinum and above on this cruise. 

When mine hadn't shown up after almost 3 days, I contacted Guest Services. They called the laundry, my stuff showed up not too long afterwards. Don't know if calling made a difference or just coincidence with the timing. Everything had 2 sets of labels, still wondering what that was all about!

25 minutes ago, julig22 said:

When mine hadn't shown up after almost 3 days, I contacted Guest Services. They called the laundry, my stuff showed up not too long afterwards. Don't know if calling made a difference or just coincidence with the timing. Everything had 2 sets of labels, still wondering what that was all about!

I try to avoid making complaint to the guest service since this cruise I already made a couple of them already. I don’t want to end up on NCL black book.

But anyway I’m taking your advice and talk to the guest service. Housing supervisor was called and my clothes are now delivered to my room. 

1 hour ago, dhanakorn said:

Got my clothes back after talking to the guest service. No explanation why it took so long. I suspect that they already finished the laundry but there’s no crew available to take the basket to guest room. 

The new bag is big. I’ve 10-day worth of laundry and I still have some room left in the bag. 

IMG_4566.thumb.jpeg.793e5b52fc78ceaa6a2471016eee065c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

Got my clothes back after talking to the guest service. No explanation why it took so long. I suspect that they already finished the laundry but there’s no crew available to take the basket to guest room. 

The new bag is big. I’ve 10-day worth of laundry and I still have some room left in the bag. 

IMG_4566.thumb.jpeg.793e5b52fc78ceaa6a2471016eee065c.jpeg

😳 WOW that’s an awful lot of clothes! Much more than what I had been anticipating. 👍

12 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

I must have had the new bag.  I wear XL and XXL clothes and fit 9 day's worth in the bag.

• Like 1