NCL mid week laundry special price increase

14 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

What is the surcharge to have it back next day, as opposed to 48 hours? 

I’m not sure if they have the next day option for the laundry special - you may have to send them by piece at regular price. During my past cruises, I usually have my clothes back by the next day. 

Although it’s not guaranteed, giving extra cash tips and let your cabin steward know, your clothes may be returned by the next evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I wear like 4 shirts over and over and 2 pairs of shorts - one for the spa, one for everything else. So yep, we probably do pack differently haha! I'm a cruise dirt bag (it's a term of endearment in the outdoor industry, especially rock climbing). The dirt bag part, don't think they'd consider a cruiser one of them although those interior rooms I've peered into look to be smaller than a camper van. 

I am a bad over packer and our next cruise will be our 60th and I still over pack but I do pack like half of what I use to. I remember one of my first cruises the CD wanted to know how many shoes the women brought and I had the most for a 7 day cruise (dh told on me). 14 pairs of shoes for a 7 day cruise!! 😂 At least our last cruise which was 21 days I only took 5 pair. I sure did miss some though! And even though I over pack, I still have to send laundry out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We *used* to overpack for almost *all* our cruises!  We've finally learned and have adjusted.  I have cut back very much with the intention that I will *always* send some laundry out...DW does so reluctantly, and very carefully selecting her items.  We have much more experience on Princess.  It's a bit hard to tell from the posted picture(s) above, but it looks like the "larger" bag talked about above is the "normal" size bag on Princess.  It sure seems as if Celebrity charges more for laundry than on Princess.  If $34 is the "sale" price on X, then definitely so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Not 100% positive, but I do believe when we sent out the laundry special on the Prima this past August, it came back the next day.

Timing is everything! 

Remember the steward is only in your room once a day now.   We try to find our steward in our hallway and handover our bag early in the day.  We don't mind our cabin being cleaned later, but want that bag to be sent on to the laundry by mid-day.  Usually, we get it back the next day but we understand it can take an additional day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Timing is everything! 

Remember the steward is only in your room once a day now.   We try to find our steward in our hallway and handover our bag early in the day.  We don't mind our cabin being cleaned later, but want that bag to be sent on to the laundry by mid-day.  Usually, we get it back the next day but we understand it can take an additional day. 

I believe that is what we ended up doing, seeing the steward early and making sure it went out.

On my last cruise I had my bag prepared the night before and called my steward in the morning to let him know it was ready, he picked it up while I was having breakfast.  My laundry came back at 6 PM 2 days later (they really took it to the wire for the promised delivery time).

On 3/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

Just seen this on another site. Price of the mid week laundry special went up $5. I know, some will say "no biggie" but thought I would mention it for those that use it. 1.thumb.png.22c6f347beac33c2aac32db14e968851.png

Prices on everything eventually goes up, it is called the real world.  BTW you just SAW this.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:15 PM, UKstages said:

that would be an extraordinary take rate for any marketing effort.

you believe 50% of those on any given ship are purchasing midweek special laundry services? i'd be surprised if more than 15% of guests paid for laundry to be done throughout the entire cruise. my spidey sense tells me it's probably far less than 10% of the ship.

74.29% of people quoting statistics are making them up off the top of their head!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Prices on everything eventually goes up, it is called the real world.  BTW you just SAW this.

I am aware prices go up. What is wrong with sharing it on a Cruise forum. A place where people go to get information???? And thanks for the grammar correction

• Like 2

Two observations here:

1) I guess I must be one of the few people on this thread who actually packs enough clothes to make it through the crusie with clean clothes every day.  🙂

2) As for the laundry bagts, take one of your pillow cases and use it as a liner of sorts for the laundry bag and you can then stuff a lot more into the bag without worrying about splitting it open.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Two observations here:

1) I guess I must be one of the few people on this thread who actually packs enough clothes to make it through the crusie with clean clothes every day.  🙂

2) As for the laundry bagts, take one of your pillow cases and use it as a liner of sorts for the laundry bag and you can then stuff a lot more into the bag without worrying about splitting it open.

If we only sailed 7 days or less then I would not have laundry done but we never cruise less than 21 days at a time so hard to pack (especially the way I pack) for 21 days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

1) I guess I must be one of the few people on this thread who actually packs enough clothes to make it through the crusie with clean clothes every day. 

Until my last cruise I packed the same way.  My choices were two airline check-in sized suitcases for one person or have laundry done.  I chose to have laundry done.  Now I know how it works (and can get it free) I plan to pack lighter and just have laundry done while also taking longer trips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

74.29% of people quoting statistics are making them up off the top of their head!

It's amazing that some don't recognize you as the no-nonsense intellectual that you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

Just seen this on another site. Price of the mid week laundry special went up $5. I know, some will say "no biggie" but thought I would mention it for those that use it. 1.thumb.png.22c6f347beac33c2aac32db14e968851.png

Cram everything you can into a plastic bag first and sit on it cram more then put in paper bag they give you!  Works well!

Also if you befriend a Platinum member who isn’t using the free bag you might get lucky.  My wife won’t trust the laundry but I always come home with clean clothes, other than that pesky little tag that they put on most pieces of laundry 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

If we only sailed 7 days or less then I would not have laundry done but we never cruise less than 21 days at a time so hard to pack (especially the way I pack) for 21 days.

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Until my last cruise I packed the same way.  My choices were two airline check-in sized suitcases for one person or have laundry done.  I chose to have laundry done.  Now I know how it works (and can get it free) I plan to pack lighter and just have laundry done while also taking longer trips.

As I’ve posted, I am cruising for 32-nights with wildly different weather expeditions between Panama, Central America, California, and 2-weeks in Alaska. It’ll be fun packing for this. 😳

At $34 I’ll still use the ‘Bag of Laundry’ day. That will help. Plus halfway thru the cruise I’ll have a laundry day shoreside. That helps a LOT too. 

And Southwest gives you two checked bags for free. That’s a huge plus! 😉 

$5 more but larger?  OK, that's better than places that are charging more and reducing things.  Thanks for the notice.  It's good to know ahead of time.  We'll be using it so that we can bring half our clothes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

At $34 I’ll still use the ‘Bag of Laundry’ day. That will help. Plus halfway thru the cruise I’ll have a laundry day shoreside. That helps a LOT too. 

Their is a rumor that a $5 bill will get you a 1/2 price laundry cert anytime you want it.
Heard it from a friend

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boltnut55 said:

$5 more but larger?  OK, that's better than places that are charging more and reducing things.  Thanks for the notice.  It's good to know ahead of time.  We'll be using it so that we can bring half our clothes.

Somehow I missed that! Thanks for making me go back and re-read Page 1. 👍

12 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Their is a rumor that a $5 bill will get you a 1/2 price laundry cert anytime you want it.
Heard it from a friend

You have my attention…🤔 👍 😁

Just now, dmwnc1959 said:

You have my attention…🤔 👍 😁

Just a rumor, but there's a person who brings all your daily documents to your room -- and makes your bed. I'd start with him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IAcruising said:

Heard it from a friend

Never heard of a "1/2 price laundry cert". No certificate needed for latitudes benefits (free or 1/2 price). Laundry special is shipwide, date specified. So please elaborate.

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

So please elaborate.

I recall a piece of paper, a certificate, that you place with the laundry bags already in your closet.

We've got them as Gold and received a Free on a 10-day. We may have also received the "certificate" being in a club balcony,

What it is about the "certificate" that you don't understand?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I recall a piece of paper, a certificate, that you place with the laundry bags already in your closet.

We've got them as Gold and received a Free on a 10-day. We may have also received the "certificate" being in a club balcony,

What it is about the "certificate" that you don't understand?

Yes, you get a certificate for club balcony. What I don't understand is a so-called 1/2 price certificate.

4 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Heard it from a friend

All you have to do is go to GS any time and usually they will give you a coupon for half off. Seen it a couple of times. I never did it but a friend did. I have also read it here on CC.  

• Like 1