Live From: Bliss 5 Day Coastal Mar 31-Apr 5 with Hollywood Pre Cruise

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Where are my tribe members at????? I have shenanigans!!!! It’s almost midnight and you gotta wait. But they will be reported!

Very ready to hear about the shenanigans!!!  Hope they were some good/fun shenanigans!!

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 7:12 PM, CurtandLeslie said:

One of my favorites from my trip on the Bliss last year: Get a fresh pineapple juice from the bar at the back of the buffet, then go upstairs to the Observation Lounge bar. Order a double Ron Zacapa 23 rum. Mix and enjoy.

Serious best practice @CurtandLeslie!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Everything was outstanding but n terms of food! DS decided the burrito was not for him so we switched. He has never had steak before and his reaction was “it’s such hard work, all this chewing.” I’m not a fan of burritos but this was actually very good. 

For dessert, of course, we had to do chocolate lava cake. As someone who LOVES chocolate but hates strawberries, I get really sad when chocolate goodness is paired with strawberry nastiness. I loved the lava cake. The strawberries not so much!

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg

DH orders his without the compote and ice cream. Just the lava cake

• Like 1

I’m not sure where I left off. Shenanigans will be reported elsewhere. 

Last night we watched Jersey Boys, which was excellent. Then we caught the tail end of the 80s party in the atrium. DS called it a night and went back to the room, while I continued the party at the Social.

Apparently the Social wasn’t open for another 10 minutes, so I got chatting to the dude manning the door (shenanigan alert). Turns out he neither works for nor is paid by NCL but was told by a staff not to allow anyone to enter. He took that job SERIOUSLY!!!

Once the doors finally opened, I was dancing with a bunch of gals who were LGBTQ friendly. No probs on my part, but I don’t bat for that team so things got kinda weird. Luckily, my bouncer came to my rescue (shenanigan alert). The rest is history. I danced and danced and danced!

I called it a night at 3am and texted DS to see if he was still up. He was. And he was hungry!

IMG_2512.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

No idea what happened to the text for the above pictures! This morning was a bar crawl, organized by the same person that did it on this same sailing last year! It was so fun last year so I had to do it again!!! It was awesome and there were another two people that also did it last year!!!

• Like 7

From 9am to 5pm we made our way through every bar on the ship. No repeats of drinks. We had a passport that was stamped for each venue. There was also a scavenger hunt ( I won this past year so didn’t play this time as it wouldn’t be fair). At the last bar we played an alternative form of bingo, which was hilarious!! Find a tramp stamp. Find a whale tail.  Etc. etc. etc. 

We stopped for group lunch in Savour…but it forgot to take pictures 

IMG_2533.jpeg

• Like 11

Breakfast at Local. No wait or line so I grabbed a Starbucks first. 10.25% WA sales tax today. 

Couple of thoughts on breakfast

- Baked beans should not contain chunks of red and green pepper

- Cold toast and hard butter don’t work 

- How can a plate be hot enough for 3rd degree burns but the food on it cold?

I ordered English Breakfast and Buttermilk Pancakes. Food was fine, but cold. Not even warm. Cold. At least my Starbucks was hot and perked me up. 

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2599.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

• Like 12

I always hold the foil-wrapped butter in my closed fist to soften it before spreading. Hard butter is useless on toast, pancakes and bread.

The Bliss needs a pancake tutorial from The Breakaway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1