Do you have to sign a chit?

It’s been quite some time since I sailed on Celebrity. If you do not have a drink package, and you purchase a drink from a bar or elsewhere, do they still make you sign a chit every time? Or do you just hand them your card and get it back?

Yes you will have to.   I advise to keep them until you get the final invoice emailed to you after you get home.  Just in case there are bogus charges.   Plus check your folio everyday.  

There is also a TIP line.   You do not need to add a TIP as 20% is automatically added unless you think they deserve more.  If you find a BT that you like and have a favorite drink it may be beneficial to add a little extra grease as it could make the hand a little freer.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My experience is difference from above.   With a Premium Drink Package I never have had to sign a chit.    On longer cruises and B2B the bartenders an barista get to know you and don't even ask for a card.     Many other times they just ask for your room number and don't even tap your card.

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience is difference from above.   With a Premium Drink Package I never have had to sign a chit.    On longer cruises and B2B the bartenders an barista get to know you and don't even ask for a card.     Many other times they just ask for your room number and don't even tap your card.

The OP said that they don’t have a package.

your experience is different because you did have a package.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry this is not relevant because leisuretraveler223 does not have a beverage plan

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The OP said that they don’t have a package.

your experience is different because you did have a package.

Ahh... I missed that... Thanks for pointing out.