"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

15 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

We jumped on the SVs not long after the redeployment was announced and while Always Included still included gratuities.  Gotta love those SVs with real balconies.  Pricing was tolerable enough.  So much so that I convinced two other couples to come along, including Rosie and Pete.  

Tolerable Pricing.  I know what you mean.  Crazy.  This cruise, I always would look for price drops. Ha!  That was a joke. They kept going up, up, up. Plus, then they took perks away.  

Rosie & Pete.  So nice you've gotten close and cruise together.  😍

❤️ Real Balcony ❤️

🍹

Posted (edited)

Fort Lauderdale Arrival ✈️

We fly and arrive on Wednesday, April 10th.  

Originally I booked through Flights by Celebrity (as soon as the flights became available) and we were going to fly on the 11th.  We've used Flights by Celebrity multiple times.  I book, choose my seats at the time of booking, after payment is made I would call to have them 'push it through' so I have full control of the reservation.  

As with the cruise and hotel, I always check prices to see if there are drops.  The airfare kept going higher and higher. Like the cruise.  

I received a flight notification (before final payment) for a plane change for the flight to Fort Lauderdale.  We fly First Class and I like Row 2.  The new plane, they had us in Row 2.  All good there except First Class only had two rows.  It was a smaller plane.  Didn't like it.  Started looking at other options.  The flight on the 11th was an 8am flight so I would have to be up at 3am (probably no sleep or 2 hours max).  Ended up getting a better deal for an early evening flight on the 10th.  So, cancelled with Flights by Celebrity.  

Note.  Before I cancelled with Flights by Celebrity I had the flight on the 10th on hold and then booked it.  American Airlines, the system caught this, and contacted Flights by Celebrity.  American wanted to cancel the flight on the 11th.  Someone from Flights by Celebrity contacted me to see if this was correct and didn't want to do anything until it was confirmed by me.  I thanked them (that was nice) and he was able to cancel the flight.  I was going to call that day, American flagged it before that. 

I booked with American myself because I was able to get a pretty good deal with miles for the flights for all of us so I used miles to book it.  

When I first started cruising we would fly the morning of the cruise.  I can't imagine doing that now! 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

This should be interesting. We're taking the 10-night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on Beyond next March, but the itinerary is slightly different. We have Grenada in between St Lucia and Barbados, and don't stop in St Kitts.

Edited by omahabob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Glad you'll be back live!  Will follow along!

4 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Thanks!

I believe you boarded the Beyond in '22 when I got off.

🍹

I was wrong.   There was the Christening and press sailings and then you got on.  I think that was you. 😉

🍹

7 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Cabin.  Sky Suites - bed faces the water.   I'll post our cabin #'s after we get off.

We had the same category last time but chose different cabins this time.  I can be a creature of habit and like the same cabin/location but... Yes, our cabins made some noises but that's not why we chose different ones.  Both cabins had an issue with the drain/trap in the bathroom. Overflow. Bad smell.  I'll leave it at that.  I know this can happen anywhere but in case it's an issue for that area, we chose a different area this time.  😉

My mom and dad's cabin and mine.  Right next to each other. Always book this way.  We get the balcony dividers opened.

Our family friends.  They booked way after us (they didn't think they were able to go) and have an infinite veranda. They have bids in for Sky & Aqua Sky Suites.  🤞 I hope they get it since the whole Retreat/non-Retreat will be something we'll have to work around.  We shall see...

I love the window that looks out!  That view. ❤️. It was a bit cloudy that day before leaving Bermuda.

Screenshot_20240403_221556_Message.thumb.jpg.6fe91ce1395e9119c9efeb6b937ea144.jpg

🍹

We often travel with others and find it is definitely fun.  Our best travel mates are content with doing things together and separate so nobody feels any pressure to constantly be together/do the same things.  It’s great.  The sky suite looks awesome…I’ll never be able to justify the cost given our jobs and ability to only travel during the most $ times of year,  but I love hearing about it and living vicariously.  🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Cabin.  Sky Suites - bed faces the water.   I'll post our cabin #'s after we get off.

We had the same category last time but chose different cabins this time.  I can be a creature of habit and like the same cabin/location…

Screenshot_20240403_221556_Message.thumb.jpg.6fe91ce1395e9119c9efeb6b937ea144.jpg

I got a kick out of this ! We have sailed all four E-class. Other than one, we have had the same cabin number —- 10123. Have had it on all four ships. Love the location, near elevators, near all Retreat areas, and since it’s directly behind the elevators, there is virtually no foot traffic. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I got a kick out of this ! We have sailed all four E-class. Other than one, we have had the same cabin number —- 10123. Have had it on all four ships. Love the location, near elevators, near all Retreat areas, and since it’s directly behind the elevators, there is virtually no foot traffic. 

mac_tlc

I feel like they become 'my cabin' and when I am looking to book I immediately go to see if it's available. 

I do so much research to pick the 'perfect' (based on what I like) cabin location and once I find that, I like to stick with it.  😉

That's great you had the same cabin #.  😃  

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

2 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

We often travel with others and find it is definitely fun.  Our best travel mates are content with doing things together and separate so nobody feels any pressure to constantly be together/do the same things.  It’s great.  The sky suite looks awesome…I’ll never be able to justify the cost given our jobs and ability to only travel during the most $ times of year,  but I love hearing about it and living vicariously.  🙂

Yes, I agree.  We do things together and also separate.  Who wants to go to the pool one day and who wants to do something else but always meet back up.   Who wants to wake up early for breakfast, who doesn't but then meet for lunch and usually always have dinner together.  As for ports, we stick together. Sometimes some want to stay on the ship so some get off, others don't. 

I always say with cruises you can do as much as you want or as little.  

🍹

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

I did this cruise in March on Beyond and everything was fabulous, hope the same for your cruise, and excited to follow.

That's great to hear! 

Thank You! 

🍹

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 1:43 PM, hcat said:

Great itin... love almost all of those ports!  Can't wait for you to begin...

Which ones don't you love?  Just curious?

I've been to St. Maarten and St. Kitts.

St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua will be new to all of us.   

🍹

4 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Looking forward to following along!  Thanks for doing this and being so upbeat and positive!  Cheers! 🍾

Aww, Thanks.  🥰

🍹

Posted (edited)

I'm looking forward to your review.  I've not sailed on E class yet.  I have Beyond booked for a holiday cruise--it was booked back when prices were semi reasonable and included gratuities and OBC.  If I were to book it today, it would cost $10,000 more, have no OBC, and not have gratuities included.  Yikes!

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 1

We love gorgeous Antiqua.  

Both times we made stops there we planned interesting things to do and both times everything worked out beautifully.  
We will be stopping there again in 2025.
Enjoy!!🌴😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 9:09 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

10-night Ultimate Caribbean Itinerary 

April 12th - Day 1: Fort Lauderdale 

April 13th - Day 2: At Sea

April 14th - Day 3: At Sea

April 15th - Day 4: St. Maarten

April 16th - Day 5: St. Lucia

April 17th - Day 6: Barbados

April 18th - Day 7: Antigua

April 19th - Day 8: St. Kitts

April 20th - Day 9: At Sea

April 21st - Day 10: At Sea

April 22nd - Day 11: Fort Lauderdale 

🍹

I wanted to post the map with the route but the sailing has been pulled from the website for some time now and I can't find the map that shows the route. 

On our sailing last week the map that had been on the website when booking was actually wrong.  We hadn't noticed until we referenced it during our trip.  I won't post it here to avoid confusion.  Have a great cruise.  It may be Captain Kate's final cruise on her current contract based on her Instagram vlogs.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do you mind sharing what you did?  We stop here in November and it will be our first time.  Also curious what OP will do at this stop.

I'd also be interested in what you did.  Last time I was there, we did Segways, so I'd like to do something different this time.

29 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

We love gorgeous Antiqua.  

Both times we made stops there we planned interesting things to do and both times everything worked out beautifully.  
We will be stopping there again in 2025.
Enjoy!!🌴😀

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do you mind sharing what you did?  We stop here in November and it will be our first time.  Also curious what OP will do at this stop.

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'd also be interested in what you did.  Last time I was there, we did Segways, so I'd like to do something different this time.

We have a private tour booked.  I'll post all the details and who we're using.  

Quick Overview:  An island tour with multiple stops/highlights (Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley's Lookout), a taste of the famous black pineapple, a beach stop (go in the water, food, bathrooms, chairs), etc...

It's a 6 hour tour, just us in an air conditioned van.  I was able to customize it.  We're being picked up at the port. 

🍹

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Which ones don't you love?  Just curious?

I've been to St. Maarten and St. Kitts.

St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua will be new to all of us.   

🍹

I think we are overdone with St Maarten..Been there so many times...both sides of the island..land and sea.. We do like the Greenhouse, if still there..

While Barbados is lovely..we have been  there quite a few times as well and did not like the bus terminal used for tours. But we like the shops in the port area..and the flower stall if still there!

We Love Antigua, great beaches, arts and crafts,  and  find St Lucia very natural  scenic (Pitons a must)  St Kitts is a favorite... The excursion to Nevis in January was an  amazing day.. 

Can't wait to hear what you do at each of them.!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

It may be Captain Kate's final cruise on her current contract based on her Instagram vlogs.  

Oh no!  Not that I'm a cruise ship captain groupie but was looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.  Will she return to Beyond?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:
52 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Do you mind sharing what you did?

Both were ship’s excursions only because I tend to gravitate toward deals that have incredible stacks of OBC.  I think we have seen the last of those days as far as Celebrity is concerned.  But I digress.😂

December 2017

Crystal Serenity

Late port change due to 2017 hurricanes.

We took an air-conditioned bus tour around the island.  
Highlights included a stop at Shirley’s Lookout, a national park with historical artifacts and jaw dropping views (We have all seen the pics of Antiqua in the cruise catalogs in our mailboxes.) as well as a stop at UNESCO Heritage Site Nelson’s Dockyard where we saw among other things historical buildings, plenty of feral cats, and Cyan, the yacht owned by U2’s The Edge.  Our guide was informative and continuously mentioned points of interest along the way.

December 2022

Azamara Onward

We boarded a catamaran almost directly from the ship.  
We sailed for miles around the island to a beach stop, followed by a lobster lunch on board, and finally a second beach stop.  
I believe Mystic Cruises is the tour company.  

They have multiple boats.

I am pretty sure they offer various types of sailing excursions and work with various cruise lines.

I hope this information has been helpful to fellow cruisers.  
As Coco mentioned she is doing a private tour which is an excellent idea if you have a small group.  

She is known for crafting these unique plans.  

Love that about her.  

For just the two of us it was just simpler to join the ship’s tour.  
I forgot how many were on the tour with us.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1