"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

5 hours ago, hcat said:

your Dania Beach hotel seems better than the Wyndhan, Dania Beach where we stayed..

It was on the main road.. traffic buzzed by as we walked to the only  restaurant nearby (it was excllent) Hotel was  not really  worth  $300/ night we paid in January. Not the greatest neighborhood.. old and seedy.

The semi roof top pool was not appealing...so we just bided our time while waiting to check in and then left as soon as we could the next day

We skipped the pricey bkfst buffet set out in a bar/ counter..ugh! At least they sold us a bagel with our coffee. Spirit  Airline staff stays there so maybe that's why it was  not very  big on any luxuries or amenities.

It was a  convenient but winding, drive into the port, but we would not stay there again!  We are booked near the Convention Center  and 17th St. next!

Hope your stay and boarding go well

Ugh...sorry your hotel stay did not sound pleasant but thankfully it was only 1 night and then you enjoyed the Ascent.  =).

Yes.  This hotel has proven again to be a great choice.  

🍹

23 hours ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

So excited for you. We met you on our October 22 beyond  cruise when I recognized you from your postings! I said are you pink sand girl!? We met you and your parents and bf!  We are sailing on the 27th on the Apex and then the Apex trans with future cruise credit as well! I

Hi!  Yes!  Thank you for commenting. 🥰 It was so funny when you and a few others did that.  My mom and boyfriend (who aren't on CruiseCritic) would just laugh.  

Nice! A back to back that includes a transatlantic. So much time to really enjoy the ship!  Have a wonderful cruise!  🥳

🍹

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ciaranaman said:

Palm trees 🌴 - I could sure use some of those in my view right now!  Miserable rainy day, here in S. Ontario, and not much greenery to speak of yet.  Enjoy your pre-cruise stay!

~Bernadette

The rain will bring greenery, hopefully soon for you. =).

Thank You! 

🍹

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkgriswold said:

👍

Traveling at a slower pace can add so much to a vacation.

Yes!   I said we now have to come in 2 days before. 

Especially how hectic we've all been lately.  It was nice to have a relaxing day.  I had plans to explore but nixed that idea and we didn't leave the property. 😉

🍹

1 hour ago, depplep said:

Following along. We're on our first Celebrity cruise on Beyond in July. The wind has been non stop here since last October. No humidity yet, it's been so nice but I dread what is to come. Have a wonderful cruise.

Very nice!  Enjoy the Beyond!  Have you cruised before?

I was pleasantly surprised the humidity didn't 'hit' us when we walked out of the airport last night.  Today was nice.  Tonight after dinner we walked outside and you feel the humidity but nothing crazy.  All day the palm tree fronds swayed. 🌴

Thank You! 😃

🍹

6 hours ago, hcat said:

your Dania Beach hotel seems better than the Wyndhan, Dania Beach where we stayed..

It was on the main road.. traffic buzzed by as we walked to the only  restaurant nearby (it was excllent) Hotel was  not really  worth  $300/ night we paid in January. Not the greatest neighborhood.. old and seedy.

The semi roof top pool was not appealing...so we just bided our time while waiting to check in and then left as soon as we could the next day

We skipped the pricey bkfst buffet set out in a bar/ counter..ugh! At least they sold us a bagel with our coffee. Spirit  Airline staff stays there so maybe that's why it was  not very  big on any luxuries or amenities.

It was a  convenient but winding, drive into the port, but we would not stay there again!  We are booked near the Convention Center  and 17th St. next!

Hope your stay and boarding go well

Which restaurant?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, omahabob said:

Probably The Fish Grill. It's on the next block.

that's  it.. a corner spot..only nearby place to eat. It was an older  building but great service, good food..nice variety. Bar on corner side but a full restaurant area, as well.

Fish Grill Building Photo.jpg

20230903_133043.jpg

Edited by hcat

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Very nice!  Enjoy the Beyond!  Have you cruised before?

I was pleasantly surprised the humidity didn't 'hit' us when we walked out of the airport last night.  Today was nice.  Tonight after dinner we walked outside and you feel the humidity but nothing crazy.  All day the palm tree fronds swayed. 🌴

Thank You! 😃

🍹

About 16 cruises with Royal and one NCL. Carnival was a one off for my niece. Never again. Can't wait for your adventure to begin!

• Like 1

Hi!  Good morning!!!  I just got that funny, nervous yet excited feeling.  What day is it?  The cruise is today!??!?!!!  🥳🥰  The cruise!

Oh boy.   I feel like a little kid. 🤗

All of the planning, getting ready, talking about it, anticipation...it's here. ❤️.  It really is.

🍹

• Like 5

Ok, so. Have to get ready.  I was going to meet my mom and dad for breakfast in the Club Lounge but I decided I needed a few extra minutes in bed.   They are going at 8:00am. I am going to get ready.

My boyfriend's train got in even later but he made it safe.  Arrived, took luggage to room, said Hi! to my mom and dad then he wanted something to eat so I went downstairs and sat with him.  I then needed to print something and spent way too much time on the hotel computer trying to fight with it but in the end, accomplished what I needed done. 😄

I'm all over the place in story telling. 😂  I started with the plan today then went back to last night. 😉  

A quick recap then.  We went to 'Happy Hour' in the Club Lounge.  Um...yeah, definitely room for improvement.  I'll post pics later.  After we sat there talking we went to eat in the hotel restaurant.  Food was good and again great service.  They really do have some wonderful staff here.  Then back to rooms for a bit.

Yesterday ended up being a day we just stayed at the hotel all day which was nice. I had planned on going out and about but...nope. stayed in.  Perfectly happy with that. 

I will also continue on from Travel Day once we boarded.  

This is like a movie that jumps around and you really have to follow. 😂

Oh yeah, did the Health Check-in.  Celebrity. Please invest in IT improvement.  We all had to say we forgot password (didn't) and re-set and even then the app was shaky. It said I needed a check-in time (I've had since they became available) so backed out. Eventually got the whole 2 health questions complete.  Celebrity also sent a text reminding us to stay within our check-in window.  This is why I have a printed X-PRESS pass for today.  I do NOT trust the app or even the screenshot of it on my phone.  😂

Ok, let me get ready and also get those Celebrity Luggage Tags on the luggage!!! 🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳

Our friends are leaving between 8-8:15am.

🍹

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

App shows the new icon: Boarding!

Also received another notification from Celebrity about boarding time window. 

🍹

Screenshot_20240412_080718_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.7c3ed0d422304125968b28110831b05f.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Your hotel looked very nice..Better than the Wyndham which was.obviously old with a face lift..but clean and comfy!

Yes.  I'll add lobby pics, the pool, grounds, etc...

🍹

At the Port!  Passport check and confirmed we don't have any weapons. 😉

🍹

Update: We are here!!!  It happened so fast!  Luggage taken by the Porter and brought in the building.  Entered Retreat area. Multiple people asking to make sure.  Boarding pass and passport check.  Up the elevator.  Brought in. Checked in.  Snacks.  Now waiting to board!!!  🥳

• Like 8