Blacklane transfer

ak1004

I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but this is the first time we are doing D2D and are eligible to Blacklane transfer.

Can we use port to airport transfer together with our friends? They are eligible to the transfer, but we are not since we took air credit. Can we join them in their transfer? Or is it possible that they book 2 transfers (they are eligible each per guest I believe?) and we take the second one?

I’m new to SS but would suggest that you have to book and pay for separate transport as there could be insurance coverage problems . My friend is eligible from LAX to her home but I will not share and be dropped at my overnight hotel, it puts the driver in an uncomfortable position .

Posted (edited)

Yes you can.  When you get the link to book your ride you can choose an SUV.  Obviously pickup all has to be from the same address.   I did it last year as we had 2 cabins and I took the credit on one and the Blacklane on the other. 

Edited by gcornell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gcornell said:

Yes you can.  When you get the link to book your ride you can choose an SUV.  Obviously pickup all has to be from the same address.   I did it last year as we had 2 cabins and I took the credit on one and the Blacklane on the other. 

Thank you.

I actually got a reply directly from Blacklane?

"Yes, they can book the business van and you can join them, Just keep in mind that the business van allows a maximum of 5 persons and maximum of 5 luggage."

I'm curious about the credit. We actually have 4 rides available for home-airport transfers (one per guest per direction). Does it mean that if we use only 2 of them (which I assume most people do since most people live in the same address), I can get a credit for the rest of 2?

On 4/6/2024 at 6:39 PM, ak1004 said:

I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but this is the first time we are doing D2D and are eligible to Blacklane transfer.

Can we use port to airport transfer together with our friends? 

Bit puzzled with your question and the answers that have come afterwards - I thought the Blacklane  transfer elements relate from/to home-home airport, not emabarkation/disembarkation port-foreign local airport? This latter would be provided by a local coach supplier for all D2D transfer/air inclusive passengers and not by Blacklane?!

But it seems that your question is conflating the two journeys? 

Iirc you can book/pay port to airport transfer on the SS coach if it's not inclusive for you, using the disembarkating form they leave in your suite towards the end of cruise. 

Sometimes, if your flight is a lot later, there's a port-airport excursion you can book through mysilversea in advance that uses up the spare time. 

The inluded Blacklane rides must be address specific. When my husband and I book a DtD cruise, we get links for only two one way rides on Blacklane, presumably because we have the same address.

However, when we have opted out of Blacklane we did get a credit for each person.

1 hour ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

Bit puzzled with your question and the answers that have come afterwards - I thought the Blacklane  transfer elements relate from/to home-home airport, not emabarkation/disembarkation port-foreign local airport? This latter would be provided by a local coach supplier for all D2D transfer/air inclusive passengers and not by Blacklane?!

But it seems that your question is conflating the two journeys? 

Iirc you can book/pay port to airport transfer on the SS coach if it's not inclusive for you, using the disembarkating form they leave in your suite towards the end of cruise. 

Sometimes, if your flight is a lot later, there's a port-airport excursion you can book through mysilversea in advance that uses up the spare time. 

Actually what we found out is kind of interesting.

When I created a Blacklane account, I found 4 (four) transfers. I contacted Blacklane and they explained that each guest is eligible to their own transfer, so the transfer are not per cabin but per guest. So we have 2 pre cruise transfers and 2 post cruise transfers, and they can be use for any ride that is less than 80 km (50 miles), not limited to home to home airport. So even after we took air credit and not using SS flights, we can still use one of the transfers for port to airport ride.

In fact, we can use those transfers to any ride (up to 80km) up to 30 days pre cruise and 30 days post cruise, even if the ride is completely unrelated to the cruise..

• Thanks 2

My husband and I have done multiple DtDs, including back to back cruises, and I've never gotten more than 2 one way transfers. There must be different rules in the US.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Actually what we found out is kind of interesting.

When I created a Blacklane account, I found 4 (four) transfers. I contacted Blacklane and they explained that each guest is eligible to their own transfer, so the transfer are not per cabin but per guest. So we have 2 pre cruise transfers and 2 post cruise transfers, and they can be use for any ride that is less than 80 km (50 miles), not limited to home to home airport. So even after we took air credit and not using SS flights, we can still use one of the transfers for port to airport ride.

In fact, we can use those transfers to any ride (up to 80km) up to 30 days pre cruise and 30 days post cruise, even if the ride is completely unrelated to the cruise..

2 hours ago, sea bright said:

My husband and I have done multiple DtDs, including back to back cruises, and I've never gotten more than 2 one way transfers. There must be different rules in the US.

Interesting findings from you both, thanks for sharing. Maybe a one-person blacklane limo can be upgraded to a multi-person van for no extra charge? After all cruising tends to involve more baggage! 

22 minutes ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

Interesting findings from you both, thanks for sharing. Maybe a one-person blacklane limo can be upgraded to a multi-person van for no extra charge? After all cruising tends to involve more baggage! 

In our case, each one of the 4 rides could be booked with business car (3 people, 3 suitcases) or business van (5 people, 5 suitcases) at no extra cost.

• Like 1

Our transfers allow a choice between a large SUV or a sedan. Essentially, if you have more than 2 bags you need to opt for the SUV even if there are only 2 passengers. They say the SUV  seats 5 and takes 5 bags, but it  would be very crowded with 5 people. We generally travel with 3 or occasionally 4 bags and they usually need to put the back row of seats at least partially down.

Both the sedan and the SUV are paid for by Silversea up to the allowed mileage. The overage charge is a little higher for the SUV than the sedan.

This is so confusing.  My husband and I each received an email from SS with links to Blacklane.   Do we each need to book a transfer as there is no way to add passengers on their site other than to select the vehicle size.  I have booked through the portal sent by SS just for myself but does DH need to do the same?

We are in the US and have always booked just a single vehicle, using 1 Blacklane link, to travel from our home address to the airport and a second link for the reverse trip. The pricing varied by type of vehicle and number of miles, not passenger. However, we have always received a single email (it comes to me, but not my husband).

57 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

This is so confusing.  My husband and I each received an email from SS with links to Blacklane.   Do we each need to book a transfer as there is no way to add passengers on their site other than to select the vehicle size.  I have booked through the portal sent by SS just for myself but does DH need to do the same?

You don't need to ass passengers. In fact, you can even invite friends to ride with you (in theory) as long as the total number does not exceed the specified capacity.

13 minutes ago, sea bright said:

We are in the US and have always booked just a single vehicle, using 1 Blacklane link, to travel from our home address to the airport and a second link for the reverse trip. The pricing varied by type of vehicle and number of miles, not passenger. However, we have always received a single email (it comes to me, but not my husband).

We got one link to because I specified the same email for me and my wife. But it has 2 rides per direction, so we used the second ride to book airport-port (and wise versa).

Silversea has and uses both of our email addresses. The single email had a link that  included only 2 rides total. Maybe because we live in the US? Or perhaps because our upcoming cruise leaves from Tokyo?

I've started to read some horrendous things about Blacklane, not turning up being the most worrying.

We have D2D taxi transfer booked for next Friday taking us to Heathrow, do they ring/contact you the day before to confirm the booking? 

At least in the US, Blacklane has not contacted us the day before to confirm. The ride is listed as confirmed in the app once you book it. Generally, an hour or 2 before pick up, we get a text giving us the name of the driver and his number. 

In my recent experience they contacted me with the driver's name and contact . He never showed up and I missed the voyage . Silversea D2D luxury became " Down the Drain with Blacklane " . I'm getting reimbursed for incidentals but the chauffeur not showing up was not a "covered" reason to collect anything on my policy . I will always book cancel for any reason now . Live and Learn .The driver and Blacklane partner were terminated btw.

• Like 2

Do you have a choice on the ride that you can use it anywhere on the trip.  for instance, instead of using a ride from home to the airport can you choose a ride from airport to a hotel at your destination?  or Port to hotel?  as long as it is less than the 50 miles they specify?

5 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Blacklane does not operate in our area, and we are only 40 miles from the airport.  It would be nice to be able to use Blacklane between a hotel and the ship or ship and airport.  Has anyone been able to do this?  

Yes, previous posters have done this.  After all, it is up to you to supply two addresses of your choice.

I’m following along a bit perplexed. I Love to use Emirates BCChauffeur service which has never let me down. When not available, I’ve booked a car service through Emirates and have had always an impeccable service too. Can’t Silversea even be bothered ensuring that their contractual partners are even going to turn up? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m following along a bit perplexed. I Love to use Emirates BCChauffeur service which has never let me down. When not available, I’ve booked a car service through Emirates and have had always an impeccable service too. Can’t Silversea even be bothered ensuring that their contractual partners are even going to turn up? 

Absolutely agree.  They contracted with a good, reliable company in Australia. Why can’t they do that in the USA?