Live from Regatta

judi666

15 minutes ago, TRLD said:

It is the cruise lines program if they wanted they could easily add language that meal time drinks must be consumed in the dining venue. 

Maybe they should assign drink police at each venue door and check anyone carrying a drink out to make sure that they have a package and not trying to cheat the system.

The wannabe police come in all flavors, drink policy, dress codes, deck chairs, service dogs, etc.  You'll always find someone who needs to control other people's behavior.  

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

The worst breaking of the rules I have seen is someone that brings vodka in a water bottle to dinner so they dont have to buy a drink,,

How did anyone know it was vodka?  Did you taste it?

6 hours ago, palakika said:

Judi666..  thanks for your comments.  I'm also boarding on Sat in LA and wondering who is serving as cruise director?  Thanks.

Francie

His first name is John, he is British.  Have not seen him around much.  He gives a morning report on the TV.  Introduces the shows.  I don’t see him at the bingo or trivia.  He may be doing other things I’m not aware of. 

Thanks for the info Judi. I haven't heard of him.

cbb..great to hear from you.  I looked at Dr Dave's pics of your Dec cruise.  Looked very scenic!  I' m traveling on this cruise with 2 gals I met on fall cruise at Singles meet and greet.  They're a lot of fun so we'll have a great 23 day cruise.  Go on both the Mexico leg then up to Alaska.  Hugs, Francie

3 hours ago, zalusky said:

It's not our responsibility to play cop here.  Whether it be clothing or alcohol or ....  It's up to Oceania to decide if it's a problem.  This is so minor in the big picture.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t care what people do.  It’s not my issue and up to the staff to deal with. 
Whatever “rules” may be in place, I have seen zero enforcement of clothing or anything else.

May be partly because of the very casual clothing needed on this itinerary.  It has been very hot and humid most of the time. Even the nicest thing would look like a wet rag after wearing.  

Oddly, there is one person wearing the same thing, no matter by the pool, on a tour, or at dinner. It is sort of a stand out piece of clothing, so have noticed. They must have packed very lightly.  Do I care, absolutely not! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

Really no one should even care about this issue. It is the cruise lines program if they wanted they could easily add language that meal time drinks must be consumed in the dining venue. They apparently do not seem to share your concerns about others behaviors.

We do not drink so we have no dogs in this hunt, but it is a bit funny for someone to get so worked up about an issue when the cruise line does not seem to worry about it.

Maybe they should assign drink police at each venue door and check anyone carrying a drink out to make sure that they have a package and not trying to cheat the system.

On Regatta have not seen any signs of wide spread abuse, even though we have seen people carrying drinks from one venue to another.

No one is really concerned, but if you read the program it does state for lunch and dinner.  I don't drink either.  But I do hate it when people abuse a policy and then complain about pricing, etc....

Really it just shows the character of the person.

39 minutes ago, judi666 said:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t care what people do.  It’s not my issue and up to the staff to deal with. 
Whatever “rules” may be in place, I have seen zero enforcement of clothing or anything else.

May be partly because of the very casual clothing needed on this itinerary.  It has been very hot and humid most of the time. Even the nicest thing would look like a wet rag after wearing.  

Oddly, there is one person wearing the same thing, no matter by the pool, on a tour, or at dinner. It is sort of a stand out piece of clothing, so have noticed. They must have packed very lightly.  Do I care, absolutely not! 

I really don't care either, but when people abuse a policy that involves money - it won't belong until a company takes away that benefit -then everyone losses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

No one is really concerned, but if you read the program it does state for lunch and dinner.  I don't drink either.  But I do hate it when people abuse a policy and then complain about pricing, etc....

Really it just shows the character of the person.

Yet it does not say that drink provided during lunch and dinner cannot be taken from the room. The crew seems just as happy to provide drink near the end of the mean as at the beginning.  So apparently Oceania does not care. If they thought it was abuse one would think that they would stop providing drinks at the end of the meal. 

• Thanks 1

I've cruised with English John before, I think his last name is Clelford, or something like that. I do hope he's done at the end of this cruise. I'd almost rather have Dottie. When we last cruised with him he had a tendency to have the speaker system turned up so loud it would literally knock you out of your seat when he did the announcements. 

Oddly enough I have never, in 15 years of cruising on Oceania, not seen the CD run the daily Trivia team games. Including when I cruised with him before. I'm wondering if maybe he might have something and not be able to interact up close with the public. 

If it doesn't impact on me, I don't care BUT 2 things that do impact on me are the people who don't  wash their hands when leaving the restroom and then going to meals as they put me and others at risk of GI infections and sadly, @Kay S deck chair hogs. It is not acceptable to save chairs for hours (or have one in the sun and one in the shade) when others can't find anywhere to sit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

Yet it does not say that drink provided during lunch and dinner cannot be taken from the room. The crew seems just as happy to provide drink near the end of the mean as at the beginning.  So apparently Oceania does not care. If they thought it was abuse one would think that they would stop providing drinks at the end of the meal. 

Have they stopped the lounge hogs yet?😁  You really cares, some people are just cheap and that will never change---it's just like gratuities are included.

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

The worst breaking of the rules I have seen is someone that brings vodka in a water bottle to dinner so they dont have to buy a drink,,VERY tacky in my opinion..

Jancruz1

Hi, hope all is well.

6 hours ago, ORV said:

Are you following the Roll Call for that Cruise? Jan mentioned that Adrian is the CD for the 4-20 cruise. I don't know Adrain but she said he's very good. 

OOPS, never mind, I see we've already had this conversation on the Roll Call. My mistake. 

@ORV

I was on the Regatta last September with Jan.  I remember that Adrian was the Concierge.  Our CD was Carson Turner.  Both very fine people.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Have they stopped the lounge hogs yet?😁  You really cares, some people are just cheap and that will never change---it's just like gratuities are included.

We have not had to worry about chair hogs, as it has rained quite a bit on sea days. On the nice days, chair hogging was in full effect.

That seems to happen on land and sea.  Just have to except it and plan accordingly.

1 hour ago, Techno123 said:

If it doesn't impact on me, I don't care BUT 2 things that do impact on me are the people who don't  wash their hands when leaving the restroom and then going to meals as they put me and others at risk of GI infections and sadly, @Kay S deck chair hogs. It is not acceptable to save chairs for hours (or have one in the sun and one in the shade) when others can't find anywhere to sit.

Good luck with either of those things.   Policing people (done by passengers and not cruise officials) is a thankless job and not likely to change anyone's behavior.  Non-washers will continue to not wash, and chair hogs will continue to hog.  Maybe it makes you feel better to publicly correct them, but still...good luck.

20 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

@ORV

I was on the Regatta last September with Jan.  I remember that Adrian was the Concierge.  Our CD was Carson Turner.  Both very fine people.

I was on Regatta last Sept with Jan and for the life of me I don't remember Carson Turner. Or maybe it was 22, not 23. At any rate whenever it was the CD was Leslie Jon. 

6 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Good luck with either of those things.   Policing people (done by passengers and not cruise officials) is a thankless job and not likely to change anyone's behavior.  Non-washers will continue to not wash, and chair hogs will continue to hog.  Maybe it makes you feel better to publicly correct them, but still...good luck.

The only people I ever publicly correct are those at Terrace that try to serve themselves. I always tell them, "They'll get that for you". Fortunately my wife is generally not with me as she would crawl under the table when I do stuff like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, judi666 said:

We have not had to worry about chair hogs, as it has rained quite a bit on sea days. On the nice days, chair hogging was in full effect.

That seems to happen on land and sea.  Just have to except it and plan accordingly.

From what I saw during the days when the weather was good the lounges were mostly occupied, few unoccupied and saved for long periods. Some empty and saved but it seemed only for short periods.

2 hours ago, ORV said:

The only people I ever publicly correct are those at Terrace that try to serve themselves. I always tell them, "They'll get that for you". Fortunately my wife is generally not with me as she would crawl under the table when I do stuff like this. 

Good for you😄In actually saw someone put their finger in the salad dressing to taste it and see which one they liked.  I pointed it out to an "O" person--right away she closed down and talked to the person.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ORV said:

I've cruised with English John before, I think his last name is Clelford, or something like that. I do hope he's done at the end of this cruise. I'd almost rather have Dottie. When we last cruised with him he had a tendency to have the speaker system turned up so loud it would literally knock you out of your seat when he did the announcements. 

Oddly enough I have never, in 15 years of cruising on Oceania, not seen the CD run the daily Trivia team games. Including when I cruised with him before. I'm wondering if maybe he might have something and not be able to interact up close with the public. 

We were only at the trivia once. So he could have been other times.

3 hours ago, TRLD said:

From what I saw during the days when the weather was good the lounges were mostly occupied, few unoccupied and saved for long periods. Some empty and saved but it seemed only for short periods.

We sure don’t have to worry about it today! It’s a bit of a rough ride. 

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Unfortunately Orv he is staying on..I will try and fix things...with the Captain Loud speakers are a no no

Jancruz1

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Does the Regatta still have a place to leave books for others in the library? I'm boarding on Saturday and wondered if I could leave my finished ones and pick up another one. Thanks!

A very small section with very old books.  One cabinet to the left as you enter from Toscana.

14 hours ago, palakika said:

I was also on Sept cruise  and have the  CD's name my notes as Carson Hunter.  I commented that he was good.

We were on an Alaskan cruise last September and Carson was the CD. We found him helpful and charming.

• Like 1