No free wine for Speciality Dining on 2nd night?

Last time I sailed with Carnival if you were booked in for the speciality dining on nights 1 or 2 you got a free bottle of wine per table but based on the wording on the website today it looks like you only get it on night 1 now but it is one bottle per couple.

Enjoy a Free Bottle of Wine When You Reserve Select Specialty Dining
Dine with us at Steakhouse, Rudi's Seagrill, Il Viaggio and Cucina on select ships* on embarkation day and enjoy one free bottle of our house wine for every two people – or half off select bottles of wine listed under $100. Book dining for your second night at Steakhouse, Il Viaggio or Rudi’s Seagrill, and get 50% off wines listed under $100.
Terms and conditions Open Terms and conditions
*Applies to all Steakhouse, Rudi’s Seagrill, Il Viaggio, Jiji & Cucina reservations. Excluding Cucina on Mardi Gras, Celebration & Jubilee. No promo code needed, redeem offer onboard when dining on these nights. Not valid for AUS sailings. For offer details, please refer to our Specialty Dining FAQ section above.

Posted (edited)

You can always grab a nicer bottle for 50% off on the second night.  If you have a fav more expensive wine it can be worth it.  If not than you will want to book 1st night reservations in order to get the free bottle.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Thanks 1

I was allowed to buy 2 bottles at 50% off our first night at the Steakhouse.  I tried to buy more but that was it. About ten years ago, I was allowed to buy 5 bottles at 50% off. Doesn't hurt to ask...

On our most recent experience on the Venezia they allowed us the %50 off 2 bottles (one per person) Not sure if they would have allowed 4 bottles if there were 4 in our party. She said she had to run it by the manager so i expect it may vary depending on ship/ manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, living at the beach said:

I am a solo. If I go to a specialty restaurant on the first night will I be able to get the complimentary bottle of wine?

Yes, nothing says you have to buy two dinners to get the free bottle...

3 minutes ago, living at the beach said:

I am a solo. If I go to a specialty restaurant on the first night will I be able to get the complimentary bottle of wine?

They gave me (also solo) a bottle in December.

44 minutes ago, living at the beach said:

Yes, I  cruise solo and book the steakhouse the first night for the wine. The house white is not bad, I  like it.

2 hours ago, dacsmom said:

Yes, I  cruise solo and book the steakhouse the first night for the wine. The house white is not bad, I  like it.

Finally someone else who is fine with the house wine. After being on these boards for a while, I really started questioning my taste as everyone talks about how awful it is lol.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:22 AM, dacsmom said:

On 4/10/2024 at 12:47 PM, Pyxie said:

Finally someone else who is fine with the house wine. After being on these boards for a while, I really started questioning my taste as everyone talks about how awful it is lol.

Add me to the list as well!  🙋‍♀️ I'm not a chardonnay drinker at all (champagne for me!) but I thought it was OK.

• Like 1