Just back from Odyssey 8 night southern Caribbean.

29 minutes ago, mets123 said:

How are the production and ice shows? How similar is she to the Anthem?

No ice show (nor rink) on Q class ships. Very similar to Anthem except the lack of indoor pool. You can see the shows in the app if set to the current sailing. 

22 hours ago, mets123 said:

First time on her when she comes to Cape Liberty in the fall. How are the production and ice shows? How similar is she to the Anthem?

No ice rink. There are 3 shows. The book I thought was good, but make sure to get a reservation and also make sure to get there really early for a good spot. The two70 theater has horrible seating. We got there 45 mins before the show started and got a seat behind the big book and could not see the dancing in the floor. The effectors was cool, had drones and other cool things, so it was entertaining. Wish it was a different story, the super hero was a little cheesy but had its funny parts. Showgirl was nice, lots of dancing. As a former dancer, I definitely appreciated it. I felt it needed a bit more but it was just a nice show.

I was on this sailing as well. 

Any chance you can remember the name of the comedian that was on Night 8 and did the adult comedy at 10pm in the theater? 

I emailed RCCL when we got home and just had a response today saying they cannot tell me for "privacy reasons." 🙄 So his name and picture can be all over the ship but if I ask afterwards it is not allowed. Feel bad for the comedian, can't spread word of mouth or go see him again without knowing his name. 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, FlyGal25 said:

I was on this sailing as well. 

Any chance you can remember the name of the comedian that was on Night 8 and did the adult comedy at 10pm in the theater? 

I emailed RCCL when we got home and just had a response today saying they cannot tell me for "privacy reasons." 🙄 So his name and picture can be all over the ship but if I ask afterwards it is not allowed. Feel bad for the comedian, can't spread word of mouth or go see him again without knowing his name. 🤦‍♀️

Did the comedian look a bit like an old hippie? If so I thought he was hysterical when I was aboard in February. When he walked on stage his first line was... not what you were expecting, huh?...  Sorry, I don't remember his name.

On 4/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, nolegirl01 said:

No ice rink. There are 3 shows. The book I thought was good, but make sure to get a reservation and also make sure to get there really early for a good spot. The two70 theater has horrible seating. We got there 45 mins before the show started and got a seat behind the big book and could not see the dancing in the floor. The effectors was cool, had drones and other cool things, so it was entertaining. Wish it was a different story, the super hero was a little cheesy but had its funny parts. Showgirl was nice, lots of dancing. As a former dancer, I definitely appreciated it. I felt it needed a bit more but it was just a nice show.

Two70 has some of the worst sight lines and ridiculously uncomfortable seating. You have to pick and choose your location carefully.

I don't really care much for The Book or Effectors but the drones are cool. I didn't care for the first third of Showgirls, liked the second third, and really liked the last third. And, I really like Odyssey.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Two70 has some of the worst sight lines and ridiculously uncomfortable seating. You have to pick and choose your location carefully.

I don't really care much for The Book or Effectors but the drones are cool. I didn't care for the first third of Showgirls, liked the second third, and really liked the last third. And, I really like Odyssey.

Agreed! Two70 theater is not my favorite. It’s a cool and unique place but horrible for shows. We tried to get seating upstairs but it was packed, nothing available. I think those might be the best seats as you can see everything from up there. I didn’t care for the story on both the book and the effectors but the tech, the acrobats, the performances on both I appreciate. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

Agreed! Two70 theater is not my favorite. It’s a cool and unique place but horrible for shows. We tried to get seating upstairs but it was packed, nothing available. I think those might be the best seats as you can see everything from up there. I didn’t care for the story on both the book and the effectors but the tech, the acrobats, the performances on both I appreciate. 

Agree with all you said.  2nd level seating is best for Two70.  As you said it's cool and unique, but odd in a way.  D+ seats there were perfect.   Last month was our first time on Odyssey and we loved the ship overall.  Wish it was going to be in Florida next year.  The nachos and chocolate desert at the pub are well worth 4.00 each!  🙂  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I assume El Loco Fresh replaced JR's and Playmakers replaced the Pub next to Sorrento's.

There is a pub on Odyssey.  Some decent food for 4.00 each 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did the comedian look a bit like an old hippie? If so I thought he was hysterical when I was aboard in February. When he walked on stage his first line was... not what you were expecting, huh?...  Sorry, I don't remember his name.

Yes!!  Exactly, old hippie. He was entertaining. 

Such a bummer we can't remember his name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyGal25 said:

Yes!!  Exactly, old hippie. He was entertaining. 

Such a bummer we can't remember his name. 

I looked at the present Odyssey cruise in the app. Under entertainment they don't have pictures of the performers and the descriptions don't sound like him so I think he may not be aboard any longer. I also stopped taking the Cruise Compasses home a long time ago. So still no name.

Posted (edited)

I thought Odyssey had a retractable roof over one of the pools? Thinking

of booking for March from NY. One more question: are the buffet dinners in Windjammer similar to what’s offered in the MDR? And can you view menu in advance? 

Edited by Crusin Karen
Added something

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

I thought Odyssey had a retractable roof over one of the pools?

Anthem (also Quantum, Ovation, Spectrum) has a retractable roof, although I've never seen it opened.

Odyssey is not covered.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

of booking for March from NY. One more question: are the buffet dinners in Windjammer similar to what’s offered in the MDR? And can you view menu in advance? 

You may a find a few of the items on a given day, but don't count on it. The MDR menus are usually the same fleetwide. I don't know if the WJ dinner menus are consistent fleetwide, in my experience there's nothing in writing. Some ships may have theme nights in the WJ on occasion, and the theme is printed in the compass.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, bsbcgirl said:

Ports: Cococay, Aruba, Curacao. Will post review in a few days. be happy to answer some questions in the meantime.

My husband was just saying he wants to do this itinerary again.  I'd be interested in hearing about any excursions you enjoyed (or heard about others enjoying).  

On 4/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, mets123 said:

I assume El Loco Fresh replaced JR's and Playmakers replaced the Pub next to Sorrento's.

I'd love to see Mexican food replace all the Johnny Rockets.  

But, while my husband LOVES Playmakers, I wouldn't want to give up the Pub.  

20 hours ago, elizabethbp said:

Do you recall where the Casitas were and how many on the different levels?

I think all casitas on all ships are one deck above the pool /placed on the jogging track.  

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

You can see Windjammer's evening theme (Tex-Mex or Asian, for example) on the phone app.  

You can also see the MDR menus.  They post these waaaaay in advance -- like, more than a year in advance.

• Thanks 1