RCCL'S going to Jamaica

beshears

Some people may not know that Cruise Critic has a section for Jamaica only, but for those that do not know that, I am asking the question here. If you have been to Falmouth Jamaica, would YOU give me your pros/cons of visiting this port?

I've been there a few times, and each time I take an excursion outside of Falmouth, i.e. Dunns River Falls, Green Grotto Caves, etc. The small port area in Falmouth includes shops and vendors -- safe enough but expect to be hassled by hustlers. Just say "NO"

• Like 1

I wasn’t keen on the manufactured port area. After a lot of persuading of the security guards I took a walk into Falmouth. Right outside the gate was chaos and whilst there isn’t much in Falmouth itself, it was interesting enough for an hour.

I got the impression that unless on a tour not many people go for a wander in Falmouth.

It's a great port to stay on the ship. Our one Royal Caribbean sponsored tour was so bad we got 40% back and we certainly didn't feel safe at the "private beach club" this tour took us to. 

Posted (edited)

We've been to Falmouth twice. It's kind of far from some of the main tourist attractions in Jamaica. The first time we stopped there, DH and DD did a private horseback riding tour (which they loved) while I stayed on the ship. The second time DH and I got off briefly to buy Jamaican patties and Blue Mountain coffee beans and then spent the rest of the day on the ship. We'd do the same if we were to go again, but honestly I would avoid an itinerary that includes this port if possible. To each their own, but we like to get off and do something (outside the port area) at every port and Falmouth is low on our list.

ETA: I would consider an itinerary with Falmouth as a stop if there were 4 port days, but not 3.

Edited by LisaLisa87

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Pro is blue mountain coffee. That's all I can think of lol.  We always bring back multiple bags.

Ah I forgot about that... Thanks for the reminder. 😉 

• Like 1