Extra person sleeping in suite

Posted (edited)

(Please vote me off the island if this is a bad question)

We are a family of 5 looking to cruise this May, and most connecting rooms are sold out. If myself and 3 kids got a suite, and my husband got an interior room, would he be able to "sneak" into our room to sleep, even though its only for 4 people, or is that looked down on, or not allowed?

Edited by gatorfam89

23 minutes ago, gatorfam89 said:

Thank you both. Just wanted to make sure, even though its 4 person max capacity, that our room steward wouldn't tell on us. 

We aren't too worried about suite benefits. 

You will be fine

Nobody is going to say you can't have 5 people in your suite; just get your husband a key to your room from Guest Services.  However, the sofa bed only sleeps 2 people - where will the third kid sleep?  another thing to keep in mind - your husband might well have a different Muster station than you.  It's a very remote chance, but if there's an emergency, your husband wouldn't be with you.

We have had a child sleep on the pull out rather than share the cabin with the other two.  We made sure to give the cabin steward an extra nice tip and left tips in place for the original cabin the child was registered in.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qextor said:

just get your husband a key to your room from Guest Services. 

Get the key from the Retreat Concierge versus Guest Service.  Much better for you to sit in the lounge while waiting your turn, if there is even a line, than standing in line at Guest Services. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Get the key from the Retreat Concierge versus Guest Service.  Much better for you to sit in the lounge while waiting your turn, if there is even a line, than standing in line at Guest Services. 

I wondered where you've been? ☺️ Switched cruise lines? There is no retreat concierge on Royal. 😛

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gatorfam89 said:

(Please vote me off the island if this is a bad question)

We are a family of 5 looking to cruise this May, and most connecting rooms are sold out. If myself and 3 kids got a suite, and my husband got an interior room, would he be able to "sneak" into our room to sleep, even though its only for 4 people, or is that looked down on, or not allowed?

You say "most" connecting rooms are sold out -- are the remaining connecting rooms unacceptable? 

What about considering a different week, when more connecting rooms might be available? 

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

The children could sleep in the interior stateroom while the two of you "sleep" in the suite. Oops, one more child.

The interior room could literally be on another floor.  I would not want my children sleeping in a room more than an interior door away from me.

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I wondered where you've been? ☺️ Switched cruise lines? There is no retreat concierge on Royal. 😛

Yeah, been doing more Celebrity and a single MSC cruise .. exploring options.  

• Like 1

Kids are a tween, a teen and a 7 year old.

I would love to get two connecting balconies, but they aren't available. Hard to even find a room for 3 this late in the game.

We all like to be together, so that's why I figured the suite option might work (while saving a little money by getting my husband the interior room). Little one can squeeze in king bed or air mattress. 

Posted (edited)

Early in our cruising days with RCCL, we would book a Jr Suite and an interior cabin across the hall and our two kids would sleep in that cabin.   Or we would book two adjacent connecting balconies as you mentioned.  Either worked for us.  A Jr Suite is more spacious but has little in the way of suite benefits.

Edited by TeeRick

On 4/12/2024 at 8:14 AM, gatorfam89 said:

Kids are a tween, a teen and a 7 year old.

I would love to get two connecting balconies, but they aren't available. Hard to even find a room for 3 this late in the game.

We all like to be together, so that's why I figured the suite option might work (while saving a little money by getting my husband the interior room). Little one can squeeze in king bed or air mattress. 

Cabins can also just be next door to each other or directly across the hall. We didn't want to pay extra for connecting rooms, so we have 2 balconies next to each other. The divider on the balcony can be opened so still connected that way and we will have an extra set of key cards so we can get into kids' room just in case.