International Cafe

Guera53

We cruised on the Caribbean Princess early 2023 and the International Cafe had amazing almond croissants and desserts included with the cruise. We noticed several ships have now closed this cafe. 

What ship still has the International Cafe?

Also does Princess still include continental breakfast with free room service?

Posted (edited)

Have never heard of ANY ships closing International Cafe!

Room service breakfast is complimentary.

Edited by Senga
additional information
  • Like 8

None of the existing International Cafes on any Princess ships have been closed to my knowledge. Certainly that would have come up here had it happened. But there is one Princess ship - the Diamond - that does not have an IC.

In terms of the offerings, they have cut back on a number of items. It is a little bit more simple offerings now, primarily sandwiches and desserts - they no longer offer the array of salads and daily soup that they used to. 

However, they definitely still offer the almond croissants, along with other pastries and muffins.

Breakfast ordered via the hang card in your stateroom is still provided at no charge. If you call and place an order from Room Service via the phone there is a $5 fee.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Guera53 said:

Ah ok was looking at the Island Princess and it doesn’t have an international cafe, thus the question!

That is correct -- the Island doesn't have an International Cafe but it has never had one to the best of my knowledge.  We sailed on that ship last fall and it was one of the few things we missed 🙂 Otherwise we really liked the ship and didn't have any problems finding food at other venues.  

• Like 5

I'm a major IC fan as I don't care for buffets, haven't sailed on the Island for that reason.  I'm happy the Coral has the IC as I'll be on for 23 days April next year.  I get a pastry, yogurt or fruit for breakfast, then a small salad with a sandwich for lunch.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, susancruzs said:

I'm a major IC fan as I don't care for buffets, haven't sailed on the Island for that reason.  I'm happy the Coral has the IC as I'll be on for 23 days April next year.  I get a pastry, yogurt or fruit for breakfast, then a small salad with a sandwich for lunch.  

Yes this describes us as well:) 

• Like 2

Diamond was mentioned, I don't see IC listed anywhere on the deck plans.  I have to have the IC, it is a deal breaker for me.  I don't do room service either, not staying in my cabin to eat alone.

I know the Coral is heading for drydock this Fall, hoping no major changes are made.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

The Island does unique itineraries so if you want to go to those places then that's the ship, IC or not 🙂  Also on our last few cruises we haven't seen any salads in the IC.  I used to like the salads there too but haven't seen any in awhile.  On our last cruise (January, Regal) the offerings appeared pared back from what we've seen and were primarily sandwiches and desserts.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The Island does unique itineraries so if you want to go to those places then that's the ship, IC or not 🙂  Also on our last few cruises we haven't seen any salads in the IC.  I used to like the salads there too but haven't seen any in awhile.  On our last cruise (January, Regal) the offerings appeared pared back from what we've seen and were primarily sandwiches and desserts.  

IC had salads in Nov 2022 on Enchanted:

image.thumb.jpeg.b65dbec907714d53d797684d631a9f5a.jpeg

Not that I personally care about salads.... Sigh.... This is what I was there for:

image.thumb.jpeg.5baada644a3d066387ece092f0ad40af.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12cac40c776e1791f61c656bb5b57271.jpeg

these were heavenly:

image.thumb.jpeg.d874c12757cf7bfc926d73b0d36ac752.jpeg

and in the morning they had these small egg muffins, like broccoli cheddar, ham and cheese, and mushroom and cheese which were beyond delicious.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

IC had salads in Nov 2022 on Enchanted:

image.thumb.jpeg.b65dbec907714d53d797684d631a9f5a.jpeg

Not that I personally care about salads.... Sigh.... This is what I was there for:

image.thumb.jpeg.5baada644a3d066387ece092f0ad40af.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12cac40c776e1791f61c656bb5b57271.jpeg

these were heavenly:

image.thumb.jpeg.d874c12757cf7bfc926d73b0d36ac752.jpeg

and in the morning they had these small egg muffins, like broccoli cheddar, ham and cheese, and mushroom and cheese which were beyond delicious.

Yeah as I said we enjoyed salads in the past too but on our 2023 & 2024 cruises we haven't seen any. I don't disagree they were available back in 2022 😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Yeah as I said we enjoyed salads in the past too but on our 2023 & 2024 cruises we haven't seen any. I don't disagree they were available back in 2022 😀

I will be able to check that next month! 🙂

When people say "on our last few cruises" I really can't tell how much time may have lapsed. For us it's 2-3 years. 🙂 And 2022 was only 16 months ago.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 3

Great pictures!  I go for the desserts, too, especially chocolate!

I'm different, everyone has their own ideas what makes a cruise good for them.  I was on the Emerald Princess for 30 days, So. Amer., went up to the buffet once or twice (maybe), usually if I wanted more fruit.  I don't do elevators either so all those stairs play into it, too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I will be able to check that next month! 🙂

When people say "on our last few cruises" I really can't tell how much time may have lapsed. For us it's 2-3 years. 🙂

I get it -- some people go on several cruises a year and for us it's usually two. Also I can't say they NEVER have salads at IC -- we don't sit there 24/7 -- but I didn't see any on our January cruise and remember commenting to hubby about it. They used to have a shrimp salad that I haven't seem in a really long time. 

You can report back with your findings next month 🙂

• Like 2

I might be in for a shock because I haven't cruised recently.  It might be the buffet for me after all!  I'll find out when I board the Emerald in Oct., and the Coral next April.  Fun thread though!

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, jeromep said:

Island Princess has La Patisserie, basically a tiny version of International Cafe.  It's better than nothing.

Island did away with La Patisserie some time ago.  In it's place is Good Spirits Bar that is where you can get your specialty coffees and teas.  They supposedly they put a tray of pastries out from time to time.  I was on her for the 2023 World Cruise and never saw that at the times I went for coffee in the morning.  I truely missed the IC.

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Island did away with La Patisserie some time ago.  In it's place is Good Spirits Bar that is where you can get your specialty coffees and teas.  They supposedly they put a tray of pastries out from time to time.  I was on her for the 2023 World Cruise and never saw that at the times I went for coffee in the morning.  I truely missed the IC.

Hmm, still listed on the web site, as of today.  Ok, well I stand corrected.  Princess needs to do some web site maintenance.

11 minutes ago, jeromep said:

Hmm, still listed on the web site, as of today.  Ok, well I stand corrected.  Princess needs to do some web site maintenance.

LOL, Yes definitely

37 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Also I can't say they NEVER have salads at IC -- we don't sit there 24/7 -- but I didn't see any on our January cruise and remember commenting to hubby about it. They used to have a shrimp salad that I haven't seem in a really long time. 

I didn't see any salads in the IC since restart on the last 5 cruises.

I've seen soup on Regal and Royal at the IC, tho. Changing daily.

• Thanks 1