The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday April 25th, 2024

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

We just got home! DH drove 2 legs!  Amazing, right!  

Sister-in-law passed this morning. May she rest in peace. It’s been an exhausting 2 weeks on top of a tough 2 months for my niece and brother.
For me and DH it’s been a long month this week!  But we’re good!  very, very good! So grateful!  

I’ll catch up later, m—

I'm so sorry to hear of DSIL's passing. Condolences to all the family.

Good news that DH could help with the driving.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@grapau27 Graham and @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow's trip.  I'm sure it will all go well.  

I am almost all packed.  I have a few things to pack tomorrow morning and I'll be ready to go.  

@Haljo1935 I hate laundromats.  Sorry to hear about the problems with the washer.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The medical review for the week.  My visit with my primary today was uneventful, although two blood draws in 4 days is a lot.  He does want me back in mid-May for a Pneumonia shot.

There were a couple of things from my Oncologist visit Monday.  I normally get a hormone shot every 3 months and a shot for bone density every 6 months.  I have a tooth extraction next Friday so the bone density shot was cancelled.  Even though I had radiation in January my PSA has been rising.  In January he started me on a new medicine (Erleada daily capsule) which required insurance approval so it started February 3.  Most of my lab results come back while I am in the office but the PSA takes 2 or 3 days.  My recent PSA history:

1/16/23  0.57

4/17/23 1.4

7/17/23 1.6

10/19/23 2.5

12/19/23 3.21

Week of 1/18/24 radiation

1/22/24 5.35

2/3/24 Erlida started

2/21/24 4.13

4/19/24 2.27

Very happy about the current trend.

Roy

Thank you for sharing this information Roy, it’s very encouraging. Very happy for your reversing trend!   DH just had his every 6month consult, 4 yrs after he completed radiation treatments. I’m very encouraged to hear of your improvement! 🤞We’re watching DH numbers…. m—

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

To @ger_77  a very happy birthday for dear HB.  My late husband was also my Hunny Bunny.  High school sweethearts and a wonderful marriage until cancer took him.  One year on our anniversary he gave me a charm bracelet with a playboy bunny on it.  He said it was the only bunny he could find.  My parents were appalled. 

We had many laughs about it over our  years together.  

Take care Kate

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Blood donation was successful in the senses that (a) they got a pint, and (b) I didn't faint. On the other hand, it was exceptionally painful and also took a lot of fiddling to get good flow, and it still hurts a bit. I just removed the bandage; there is some bruising and I think there may be more by morning, but no swelling.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The medical review for the week.  My visit with my primary today was uneventful, although two blood draws in 4 days is a lot.  He does want me back in mid-May for a Pneumonia shot.

There were a couple of things from my Oncologist visit Monday.  I normally get a hormone shot every 3 months and a shot for bone density every 6 months.  I have a tooth extraction next Friday so the bone density shot was cancelled.  Even though I had radiation in January my PSA has been rising.  In January he started me on a new medicine (Erleada daily capsule) which required insurance approval so it started February 3.  Most of my lab results come back while I am in the office but the PSA takes 2 or 3 days.  My recent PSA history:

1/16/23  0.57

4/17/23 1.4

7/17/23 1.6

10/19/23 2.5

12/19/23 3.21

Week of 1/18/24 radiation

1/22/24 5.35

2/3/24 Erlida started

2/21/24 4.13

4/19/24 2.27

Very happy about the current trend.

Roy

Best wishes for the PSA to keep reducing Roy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic