Any clever ideas - FCD expires one month before bookings open for the next cruise I want to book?

~*Lou*~

I have a Future Cruise Deposit for each member of the family but they expire on 1st July 2024. We plan to book an Alaska cruise for summer 2026 but I think those bookings don't open until later in July 2024. Anyone know of a clever way we can use these FCD or have I just missed that window of opportunity?

Many thanks in advance!

I just ask my CVP. She extended one 4 months for me back when they were good for 24 months. But haven't asked her now that they're only good for 12 months. Still worth a shot 

Don't know if TAs can do it as they aren't Princess employees 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

I have a Future Cruise Deposit for each member of the family but they expire on 1st July 2024. We plan to book an Alaska cruise for summer 2026 but I think those bookings don't open until later in July 2024. Anyone know of a clever way we can use these FCD or have I just missed that window of opportunity?

Many thanks in advance!

Call to see if you can get the expiration date extended. I was told Princess is still allowing this to be done, especially as FCD’s now expire in 1 year.

Also, if you know anyone currently on a Princess sailing, they can purchase FCD’s for each of your family members. They will have to pay for them, so usually only done by people who know each other well enough, knowing they will be paid back.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought I saw something in the personalizer that allowed you to extend your FCD.  Not on my computer so can’t pull it up (and it’s late).  Edit:  just checked with my iPad, ability to extend not on account.  

Or call to have it extended.

if you know of someone cruising, they will need your Captain Circle number and email address.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

if you know of someone cruising, they will need your Captain Circle number and email address.  

I seem to recall that you get a Captain's Circle Number as soon as you register and create an account at Princess.com.  My brother is interested in trying a cruise in the fall of 2025.  If I have him create an account and get a CCN, I can buy some FCDs for him when I sail on Princess later this year, right?

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

If I have him create an account and get a CCN, I can buy some FCDs for him when I sail on Princess later this year, right?

Yes, if you have his Captain Circle number you can purchase a FCD for him on your credit card on file.  I have done this a few times.  I visit the Future Cruise desk to do this, to tell them I am taking FCD for others not on the ship.

Before you sail, sign him up for Refer A Friend and he will get his Captain Circle Number and you each will receive $25 OBC.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, phabric said:

Yes, if you have his Captain Circle number you can purchase a FCD for him on your credit card on file.  I have done this a few times.  I visit the Future Cruise desk to do this, to tell them I am taking FCD for others not on the ship.

Before you sail, sign him up for Refer A Friend and he will get his Captain Circle Number and you each will receive $25 OBC.

Good tip on Refer a Friend.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

Good tip on Refer a Friend.  Thanks.

Take screen shots of all emails.  One sister got OBC. The other didn’t. I had to show the paper trail.  

Get a CVP if you don't use a travel agent. Book another cruise before the expiration using the FCDs. Then when the booking you want is available, ask the CVP to cancel the old booking and transfer the FCD to the new one. This has worked in the past, but I haven't tried it recently - so no guarantees.

• Like 1

I used "Chat" function with princess, he told me will be completed in 3-5 business days.  got an email next day, informed me that its completed withing 24 hours. Got extended for one year.

Waited 5 days, checked the account, its indeed reflected the new expiration date.

Good luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Get a CVP if you don't use a travel agent. Book another cruise before the expiration using the FCDs. Then when the booking you want is available, ask the CVP to cancel the old booking and transfer the FCD to the new one. This has worked in the past, but I haven't tried it recently - so no guarantees.

That was exactly what I was going suggest.  I have also done that in the past, but not recently.

If you do not want to spend time on phone trying to get an extension, you could now just book any cruise that has a final payment date far enough in the future and use the deposit and then when the cruise you want becomes available cancel the one cruise and have agent then use the just released deposit on the new cruise.