Our Carnival Vista B2B - Havana Style - (with pics!) - 4/14/24

Patti is on the Water Shuttle heading back to the ship. Here are some views along the way…..

IMG_6143-XL.jpg

IMG_6144-XL.jpg

IMG_6148-XL.jpg

IMG_6147-XL.jpg

IMG_6149-XL.jpg

IMG_6152-XL.jpg

IMG_6153-XL.jpg

IMG_6160-XL.jpg

IMG_6159-XL.jpg

IMG_6163-XL.jpg

IMG_6164-XL.jpg

IMG_6166-XL.jpg

Patti is back on board the Carnival Vista at 11:30am. Job well done babe!!!

To be continued…..

• Like 21

Hey Gang!  At this point I am going to pause because it's time for beer and baseball! I'll be back tomorrow evening to continue with our adventure. Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!! :classic_smile:

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tobleronebar said:

8 pages late for the party and ready to catch up! 

We will be sailing on Vista in January. This will be our first time in the back of the ship and Havana area.

Thanks for reading! You are going to have a great time. Enjoy your planning! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 1:07 PM, Jamman54 said:

After checking out that cabin we decided that it's not for us. Don't like the location of the television. :classic_cool:

Having just stayed in a sideways cabin, you are right. The television location is bad. Liked the feeling of the extra room, due to the lay out. Our door also had a major light leaks all around. Didn't need a night light.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Gang!  At this point I am going to pause because it's time for beer and baseball! I'll be back tomorrow evening to continue with our adventure. Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!! :classic_smile:

Great plan Jeff, I hope you and Patti have a wonderful day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BohJang said:

I’m enjoying your review Jeff. Have a great day. Say hi to Patti

Thanks! Patti says hi back! 😃

4 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Having just stayed in a sideways cabin, you are right. The television location is bad. Liked the feeling of the extra room, due to the lay out. Our door also had a major light leaks all around. Didn't need a night light.

Good info, thanks for sharing! 

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

Finally caught up!  Looks like a great start to your b2b adventure.  

Hey Guys! We knew you would be here eventually. We still have a long long way to go! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

@Jamman54....I knew it was beer and baseball day!  Just wanted to say I enjoyed Patti's island tour.  I never knew that there were now staff staying on HMC full time...interesting for sure.

Great pics, great review as always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jamman54 You posted a picture on HMC that brought back memories for me.  It was the picture of the Oasis at the end of the beach.  My traveling buddy and I were there probably 14-15 years ago. I think it was a cruise on the Holland American Eurodam. It was fabulous, but I doubt that it was $2000 even though  we had  a group of maybe 20.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:33 PM, Jamman54 said:

I move over into one of the two big hot tubs. Here are some views from there…..

IMG_5857I-XL.jpg

IMG_5857J-XL.jpg

IMG_5857K-XL.jpg

IMG_5857M-XL.jpg

IMG_5857N-XL.jpg

IMG_5857O-XL.jpg

Now, let’s move over to the island and see what Patti is up to. She has arrived on the island…..

IMG_5859-XL.jpg

The Carnival Vista is anchored offshore…..

IMG_5858-XL.jpg

Patti heads into Fort San Salvador…..

IMG_5861-XL.jpg

IMG_5862-XL.jpg

IMG_5863-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Sorry you weren't feeling well but it seems you started feeling better throughout the day.

Let me ask, how was the pool and hot tub water temperatures?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti is on the Water Shuttle heading back to the ship. Here are some views along the way…..

IMG_6143-XL.jpg

IMG_6144-XL.jpg

IMG_6148-XL.jpg

IMG_6147-XL.jpg

IMG_6149-XL.jpg

IMG_6152-XL.jpg

IMG_6153-XL.jpg

IMG_6160-XL.jpg

IMG_6159-XL.jpg

IMG_6163-XL.jpg

IMG_6164-XL.jpg

IMG_6166-XL.jpg

Patti is back on board the Carnival Vista at 11:30am. Job well done babe!!!

To be continued…..

Thanks for the great photos! I'd like to say that Patti has done (another) wonderful job with the pictures of HMC. We were there in March of 2023 and we didn't see nearly as much as Patti has shown from her photos! We also seemed to get lost a bit wandering around trying to find things there unless we just stuck to the beach (that was easier to know where we were but harder walking). Thanks Again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

Jamman54 You posted a picture on HMC that brought back memories for me.  It was the picture of the Oasis at the end of the beach.  My traveling buddy and I were there probably 14-15 years ago. I think it was a cruise on the Holland American Eurodam. It was fabulous, but I doubt that it was $2000 even though  we had  a group of maybe 20.

It was about $1000 back then. Carnival recently jacked the prices way up. 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Sorry you weren't feeling well but it seems you started feeling better throughout the day.

Let me ask, how was the pool and hot tub water temperatures?

I was a little shaky early but recovered quickly. The pool was cool and refreshing,  and the hot tubs were comfortably warm. 😎

• Like 6

On 5/3/2024 at 6:42 PM, Jamman54 said:

Patti catches the Accidental String Trio…..

IMG_5754-XL.jpg

IMG_5755-XL.jpg

IMG_5757-XL.jpg

The current Dreamscape…..

IMG_5756-XL.jpg

Patti takes some shots of an empty Liquid Lounge…..

IMG_5758-XL.jpg

IMG_5759-XL.jpg

IMG_5760-XL.jpg

IMG_5761-XL.jpg

In the meantime I head to the Limelight Lounge for a comedy show starring Randy Lubas. He wasn’t bad for a PG show. I gave him an 8 out of 10….

IMG_5753B-XL.jpg

IMG_5753D-XL.jpg

Afterwards, I made it back to the cabin for the night.

Today’s Cheers scorecard: Patti = 5, Jeff = 14. For the day and cruise (+7).

Coming up next: It’s great to be back out at sea!

I haven't had a chance due to my volunteering at the PGA tournament last week, but I'm following now.

Does Billy D. Washington (I'm a big fan of his shows) have a twin, because that looks just like him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dmet0225 said:

I haven't had a chance due to my volunteering at the PGA tournament last week, but I'm following now.

Does Billy D. Washington (I'm a big fan of his shows) have a twin, because that looks just like him. 

That's because it is Billy D. Washington.  I misidentified him in my text. Good catch. 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

Curious - I can see pics that others are positing here, but all of Jamman's are coming up as a jpg link, and I

click on the link and it's blank. is it just me???

I can see Jamman’s pics. Maybe try a different browser?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I can see Jamman’s pics. Maybe try a different browser?

I've been using Firefox. I just tried on Chrome. I can't see the pic within the post, but if I click on the link (IMG-----.jpg), I can see it that way. Better than nothing! I will try it on my home computer this evening to see how it works there.

EDIT: I went to another page of the review in Chrome, and now I can see the pic w/ having to click on the link. Weird!!! Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by straitlover1965
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

I've been using Firefox. I just tried on Chrome. I can't see the pic within the post, but if I click on the link (IMG-----.jpg), I can see it that way. Better than nothing! I will try it on my home computer this evening to see how it works there.

EDIT: I went to another page of the review in Chrome, and now I can see the pic w/ having to click on the link. Weird!!! Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Everything seems to be okay on my end. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out how to see the pictures without clicking on a link. :classic_smile: