Wonderland now has a surcharge with the UDP?

I just checked, and this is now showing on my UDP starting a week from today.  It was not there when I purchased it over a year ago.

The actual text of the change says "Wonderland by DaDong".  Is this the usual Wonderland restaurant or something particular to Asian venues?

1 minute ago, Defender1158 said:

I just checked, and this is now showing on my UDP starting a week from today.  It was not there when I purchased it over a year ago.

The actual text of the change says "Wonderland by DaDong".  Is this the usual Wonderland restaurant or something particular to Asian venues?

Wonderland by DaDong is only found on Spectrum of the Seas (sailing in Asia) so it is indeed a separate experience....hoping they're not trying to upcharge for regular Wonderland now.

• Like 2

We had an upcharge in the Hibachi on the Icon- It was a total surprise as we never had an upcharge before at the Hibachi.  Unfortunately I had grilled seafood which made me sick!  I wouldn't recommend it.

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had an upcharge in the Hibachi on the Icon- It was a total surprise as we never had an upcharge before at the Hibachi.  Unfortunately I had grilled seafood which made me sick!  I wouldn't recommend it.

The Hibachi has always had a $15 upcharge pp for the UDP 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

The Hibachi has always had a $15 upcharge pp for the UDP 

We are diamond plus and sail on multiple royal ships and this was the first time , and ship we paid additional 

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are diamond plus and sail on multiple royal ships and this was the first time , and ship we paid additional 

Hibachi is specifically excluded from bogo and as far back as I can remember had a $15 surcharge for any package you buy, 3 days or unlimited. Izumi sushi side no upcharge but yes to hibachi. 

I had trouble getting wonderland last time on harmony as a bogo and it's not listed as excluded.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hibachi is specifically excluded from bogo and as far back as I can remember had a $15 surcharge for any package you buy, 3 days or unlimited. Izumi sushi side no upcharge but yes to hibachi. 

I had trouble getting wonderland last time on harmony as a bogo and it's not listed as excluded.

Originally it was a ten dollar surcharge, we paid 15 last year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Wonderland by DaDong is only found on Spectrum of the Seas (sailing in Asia) so it is indeed a separate experience....hoping they're not trying to upcharge for regular Wonderland now.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I am not sure what D+ has to do with this... 

4 hours ago, George C said:

Originally it was a ten dollar surcharge, we paid 15 last year.

I stand corrected... 
As far as I remember, it was either excluded or had an upcharge. 

On a side note...Utopia did away with Wonderland all together and replaced its location on 11/12 with Giovanni's....think that may be telling for the future of Wonderland.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's already dead.  Not on Icon or Utopia. 

Yeah the Pesky Parrot bar is replacing the Bionic Bar on Utopia and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same when Allure is finally Amped next spring.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

On a side note...Utopia did away with Wonderland all together and replaced its location on 11/12 with Giovanni's....think that may be telling for the future of Wonderland.

Agree that Wonderland isn't for everyone- we didn't go after reviewing the menu- on celebrity E class, Eden is wonderful in contrast and has many options for all.  The bionic bar also is a wasted gimmick.  Made me a horrible drink in a paper cup.  The first time you see it funny- but it wears off quickly.  

• Like 1

Hmmm, i guess i need to do some research and figure out what's going on with these upcharges? At some point, if all the specialty restaurants have upcharges....then what's the point of an "unlimited" dining package?!?

We don't always get UDP, but if on an older ship that doesn't have Coastal Kitchen we usually do....

29 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

Hmmm, i guess i need to do some research and figure out what's going on with these upcharges? At some point, if all the specialty restaurants have upcharges....then what's the point of an "unlimited" dining package?!?

We don't always get UDP, but if on an older ship that doesn't have Coastal Kitchen we usually do....

Coming back to comment on my own dumb post. (i can't figure out how to delete or i'd do that?!?)

I don't think anything has changed, i must have read wrong....

I understand that there has always been an upcharge to dine at Teppenyaki (hibachi) grille. We've paid it before and i don't have a problem with that - it's an entertaining meal/event that we enjoy when we go but we don't go every cruise!

The other specialty restaurants are still all included. I do understand that with both Izumi sushi and Playmakers there is a food credit allowed per day. We've eaten at both venues multiple times and i don't think we've ever exceeded the daily amount!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, js said:

I have a 3 night package on Odyssey. Will I be charged an upcharge?
Thank you.

If you want to do the Hibachi, Yes
Other than that, No

I'm with those who wouldn't mind seeing Wonderland go.  The food looks ... weird and unappealing.  Of course, we don't usually hit the Specialty Restaurants, so we're not the target audience.  

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm with those who wouldn't mind seeing Wonderland go.  The food looks ... weird and unappealing.  Of course, we don't usually hit the Specialty Restaurants, so we're not the target audience.  

It may look weird because it is different, but it tastes good! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

Coming back to comment on my own dumb post. (i can't figure out how to delete or i'd do that?!?)

I don't think anything has changed, i must have read wrong....

I understand that there has always been an upcharge to dine at Teppenyaki (hibachi) grille. We've paid it before and i don't have a problem with that - it's an entertaining meal/event that we enjoy when we go but we don't go every cruise!

The other specialty restaurants are still all included. I do understand that with both Izumi sushi and Playmakers there is a food credit allowed per day. We've eaten at both venues multiple times and i don't think we've ever exceeded the daily amount!

Thank you. I appreciate your taking the time to write out this response.

19 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

If you want to do the Hibachi, Yes
Other than that, No

Thank you. Yes, I know the hibachi, was wondering about Wonderland but now see there is no upcharge.

• Like 1