Pinnacles on-board

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, little britain said:

The OA TA crossing was handled very badly by the C&A team in board. 
We are NPE ( not pinnacle enough) to be allowed into CK, however it was like a game of Chinese whispers on board. Some people said we got one free speciality coffee ( which they usually do on top heavy cruises) but others said they were getting 2pd. Never any official notification from C&A.

Then on about the 3rd day of the cruise another whisper went around that the NPEs were going to be allowed into CK for 2 nights.  I went straight up to book, to get ahead of the rush as I ( and others) naturally expected this would be formally announced by the C&A guys at the Pin lunch. Which it wasn’t. 
I met some other NPEs on the last day and they had no idea about the 2 day access. And boy, were they furious! 😡 

And having to stand outside CK waiting to be let in like a poor relation is frankly embarrassing

Frankly, I am never embarrassed when I have occasional  access and have to wait to be let in.     I am permitted to be there.   I'm not trying to enter a place that is off limits.  

What is embarrassing? 

Edit to add -  I don't recall seeing even one post by someone in a JS  who is embarrassed to have to knock on  CK dinner .   In fact, they seem happy to dine there 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Frankly, I am never embarrassed when I have occasional  access and have to wait to be let in.     I am permitted to be there.   I'm not trying to enter a place that is off limits.  

What is embarrassing? 

M

Because when I go out to the bathroom, which is outside the CK area… I have to wait for someone to let me back in 

Hardly dignified 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Because when I go out to the bathroom, which is outside the CK area… I have to wait for someone to let me back in 

Hardly dignified 

Has happened to me as well.  I've never given it a second thought. Even with access I would likely not have my purse/key with me anyway and would have to knock to be let back in. 

Luckily Wonder has a ladies room in CK.  Problem solved. 

M

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Has happened to me as well.  I've never given it a second thought. Even with access I would likely not have my purse/key with me anyway and would have to knock to be let back in. 

Luckily Wonder has a ladies room in CK.  Problem solved. 

M

Oasis didn’t. 
Of course a lady would take her bag to the bathroom. Well, this lady does. 

Edited by little britain
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Oasis didn’t. 
Of course a lady would take her bag to the bathroom. Well, this lady does. 

Haven’t been on Icon,  but as far as I know, Wonder  is the only CK with restrooms. 

I didn’t know that a lady should  take a handbag to the bathroom.  Learn something new every day. Thanks. 
m

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 3:29 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Pinnacle members not staying in a suite are required to use vouchers. Suite guests, regardless of crown and anchor designation, receive the complementary drinks.

m

Yeah not like in the old days. Back 25+ yrs ago when I first made Diamond, the Top Tier then, we had access to CL then(was no DL/SL)and free drinks when served. But back then usually only 6-8 Diamonds, did like the Perk then of first on/off the Ship(besides Wedding Parties). I don't drink so no Biggie, my SOLO 340+ keeps be on Loyal and w/o major status on other Lines rare they can match what I typically pay

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Haven’t been on Icon,  but as far as I know, Wonder  is the only CK with restrooms. 

I didn’t know that a lady should  take a handbag to the bathroom.  Learn something new every day. Thanks. 
m

You don’t take your bag so you can comb 🪮 your hair or touch up your lipstick 💄?
Perhaps I’m a really girlie girl 👧 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, little britain said:

You don’t take your bag so you can comb 🪮 your hair or touch up your lipstick 💄?
Perhaps I’m a really girlie girl 👧 

Love it!

When we travel and I keep all the documents and such it seems my husband carries my purse more than I do. 
Especially the first few hours on a cruise till cabins ready. 

After that if I do not wear a lanyard he will keep my sea pass in his pocket. 

Good Husband. 

I figured for years I had a Mom bag with everybody s everything in it, now I share the wealth. 

Be safe. 

• Like 1

I love how we are all so different.  What works for one, does not work for others. 

Me, I never carry a purse around on a cruise ship, and in fact rarely carry one when going ashore, except for a tiny cross body bag...and only if I want to carry my phone ashore. 

All of my pants, (dress slacks and capris) I buy with pockets.   Cargo pants capris for me is the best for going ashore.   My dress slacks have back pockets and that is where my sea pass card  is, with cash tips in the other pocket.  After 40 years of cruising...and we do tend to cruise a lot 😉 ...I have never missed having a purse with me at any time.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me, I never carry a purse around on a cruise ship

My wife has never even owned a purse. If an outfit doesn't come with pockets, she puts them in herself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

I love how we are all so different.  What works for one, does not work for others. 

Me, I never carry a purse around on a cruise ship, and in fact rarely carry one when going ashore, except for a tiny cross body bag...and only if I want to carry my phone ashore. 

All of my pants, (dress slacks and capris) I buy with pockets.   Cargo pants capris for me is the best for going ashore.   My dress slacks have back pockets and that is where my sea pass card  is, with cash tips in the other pocket.  After 40 years of cruising...and we do tend to cruise a lot 😉 ...I have never missed having a purse with me at any time.   

Me too.  No bags necessary.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:09 PM, little britain said:

The OA TA crossing was handled very badly by the C&A team in board. 
We are NPE ( not pinnacle enough) to be allowed into CK, however it was like a game of Chinese whispers on board. Some people said we got one free speciality coffee ( which they usually do on top heavy cruises) but others said they were getting 2pd. Never any official notification from C&A.

Then on about the 3rd day of the cruise another whisper went around that the NPEs were going to be allowed into CK for 2 nights.  I went straight up to book, to get ahead of the rush as I ( and others) naturally expected this would be formally announced by the C&A guys at the Pin lunch. Which it wasn’t. 
I met some other NPEs on the last day and they had no idea about the 2 day access. And boy, were they furious! 😡 

And having to stand outside CK waiting to be let in like a poor relation is frankly embarrassing. after the 

Thanks for telling me , now I know better. 2 weeks AFTER the TA now I learn that there was one or even 2 coffees free specialty coffee. Also only now I learn that at day 3 or so each Pin could book the CK for 2 dinners. 

Although we were in a JS and being Pin nobody told us anything. 

Forgot to mention that the 1306 D+ and Pins not only had to get along with 42 seats in the crown lounge, but also the hors d'oeuvres from 5-8 could only be consumed by 42 sitting guests. Those who say , 'yea with my vouchers I can go to any bar etc etc' maybe do not like the canapees. I do.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 10:23 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

What is embarrassing? 

Edit to add -  I don't recall seeing even one post by someone in a JS  who is embarrassed to have to knock on  CK dinner .   In fact, they seem happy to dine there 

M

JS here and yes we were embarrassed to beg and knock until somebody let us in

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kbonner said:

JS here and yes we were embarrassed to beg and knock until somebody let us in

No need to be embarrassed...you're simply requesting access to an area that only grants limited access to JS's.

Edited by bucfan2

1 hour ago, Kbonner said:

Thanks for telling me , now I know better. 2 weeks AFTER the TA now I learn that there was one or even 2 coffees free specialty coffee. Also only now I learn that at day 3 or so each Pin could book the CK for 2 dinners. 

Although we were in a JS and being Pin nobody told us anything. 

Forgot to mention that the 1306 D+ and Pins not only had to get along with 42 seats in the crown lounge, but also the hors d'oeuvres from 5-8 could only be consumed by 42 sitting guests. Those who say , 'yea with my vouchers I can go to any bar etc etc' maybe do not like the canapees. I do.

LOL...foraging for food on a cruise ship....least of my worries.  😄 

• Haha 1