Got through (finally) to the Crown and Anchor phone desk

I had to still go through the error-riddled phone prompts to get to the D+/Pinnacle phone agent, but I made it through the phone prompt gauntlet!

Same 1-800-526-9723 number without the 9 key pressed at the end. 

When asked "what can I help you with?", say "Speak to Loyalty Department". 

You will be asked, "You want to know your Crown and Anchor number, right?" Not right, but say yes.

I had to go through giving my birthdate and telephone number that the system could not find associated with my account, but the agent DID confirm they were both in my record.

When the error-riddled phone prompts can't find you, you are then transferred to the Loyalty Department. Yes!  A real, live polite human being!!!

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, pcur said:

I had to still go through the error-riddled phone prompts to get to the D+/Pinnacle phone agent, but I made it through the phone prompt gauntlet!

Same 1-800-526-9723 number without the 9 key pressed at the end. 

When asked "what can I help you with?", say "Speak to Loyalty Department". 

You will be asked, "You want to know your Crown and Anchor number, right?" Not right, but say yes.

I had to go through giving my birthdate and telephone number that the system could not find associated with my account, but the agent DID confirm they were both in my record.

When the error-riddled phone prompts can't find you, you are then transferred to the Loyalty Department. Yes!  A real, live polite human being!!!

Ugg...I had the same awful "robot" experience yesterday.  RCI tech, in their wonderous evil ways, decided to charge me another 40K for my last quarter WC that has been paid in full for months.  Shows up as "pay remaining balance" on all four mini segments.  This of course annoys me further, since I never booked the "mini segments".  It was the quarter I booked.  The master number for the quarter never shows up on my cruises section.  

Now, being worried I will show up in Barcelona and be told my cruise was cancelled due to non-payment, I called trying to get the loyalty number by pressing 9...imagine my surprise when robot lady would not let me talk to a real person.  

Yet another knife in the back for loyal cruisers.  And yet another reason, I am no longer..."Loyal to Royal".  

• Like 3

And of course...cannot get through to the WC department.  Am on hold now with an idiot from customer service (once I had to get tricky to talk to a real person)...that never even heard of the World Cruise.  Shheeeeez...  🤪

Lost cause.   I also sent an email to the WC desk...but still no return reply.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geez I called the super secret loyalty number yesterday to choose an amenity since we just graduated to diamond plus.  I was on hold 20 minutes to only get connected to someone who could not help me. The agent said will transfer you to the loyalty department.  I said WHOA I would like that number.  It was the same number I dialed!  What in the world?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bottom line....RCI no longer cares for it's loyal members.  Bye...bye Royal.  There are other lines out there that will welcome our money.  😉 

Try mbayley@rccl.com... at least I get a reply. 

Idk where I will cruise with next. My best friends like american cruiselines. I think about $15000? They refuse to cruise with more than 100 onboard.

I'm interested in the line @Ourusualbeach is on with all the seafood. Dont know if it's because of the itinerary or what. That's my favorite. Thinking holland american. Please get me moved lol. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, island lady said:

Ugg...I had the same awful "robot" experience yesterday. 

The other day when I called I got an unrelated answer to my question from the RC robot. I'm now Gold with 7 CAS cruise points. Damn it! I was enjoying the 5 daily drinks and the CL. Hopefully the journey up the tier level chain will be fun like it was the first time around.  😂🍻

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, doghog said:

The other day when I called I got an unrelated answer to my question from the RC robot. I'm now Gold with 7 CAS cruise points. Damn it! I was enjoying the 5 daily drinks and the CL. Hopefully the journey up the tier level chain will be fun like it was the first time around.  😂🍻

Yup, welcome to the RCI....we don't care about your loyalty program.  😄 

• Haha 1

I managed to stumble onto the “9” number a few days ago, but the process was so confusing, I can’t remember how I did it. After wading through a few of the annoying questions I finally ended up hitting a 5 and when it went there (wherever that was) I hit 9 and it was answered immediately with a Loyalty rep. Problem is I’m not sure how to replicate it now… 😵‍💫

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, welcome to the RCI....we don't care about your loyalty program.  😄 

I guess we get to keep our gold pins but have to surrender our platinum, emerald, diamond and diamond plus pins? Now we'll have to wait for someone to open the door to the CL so we can tag along behind them. Down but not out.  🤣

• Haha 3

When Jason Liberty took over and saw they’d given double points during Covid and the free drink vouchers he said “YOU DID WHAT?”  
“Get rid of those old farts and bring on the kiddee rides”….

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's really sad that a cruise line that trumpets their high tech ships and onboard entertainment - the WOW factor (are we still doing that?) - has a shoreside operation where mediocrity is the goal.  If someone is sneaking around 1050 Caribbean Way at night stealing toner cartridges from another department's printer so they can print their own reports, it wouldn't surprise me.  (Yes, I worked for a corporation where we had to steal office supplies from each other to get by.  We had a very Jason-esque CEO).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, doghog said:

I guess we get to keep our gold pins but have to surrender our platinum, emerald, diamond and diamond plus pins? Now we'll have to wait for someone to open the door to the CL so we can tag along behind them. Down but not out.  🤣

Oooh...you such a bad dog...that is why we adore you so much!!  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

When Jason Liberty took over and saw they’d given double points during Covid and the free drink vouchers he said “YOU DID WHAT?”  

Yup, this old fart is out of here!!  😄   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, island lady said:

Bottom line....RCI no longer cares for it's loyal members.  Bye...bye Royal.  There are other lines out there that will welcome our money.  😉 

Based on the amount of money that you have spent in your cruising history, you should have direct access to a phone number for special concierge services.

Edited by Vibe
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vibe said:

Based on the amount of money that you have spent in your cruising history, you should have direct access to a phone number for special concierge services.

LOL....as far as RCI seems to be not concerned any longer with their long time cruisers....I am pretty much considered as a first cruiser with them.  Errr...actually maybe first cruisers get more attention versus the "Loyal Royals" now....hmmmm.....  🤔  😉 😄 

D+ and Pinnacle used to have a loyalty number to access an agent...just by pressing "9" when we call in...but that is just one more thing RCI has eliminated.  Now it's just heartless robots, and even less knowledgeable live agents.  Uggg...   😡

I hit the automated system on the CAS 800 number so I hung up and dialed the not toll free number.  It doesn't use the automated system (yet).  I get unlimited long distance calling on my cell plan so it doesn't matter to me if it's not toll free.

• Like 3

Someone posted this hack on the thread I started last week on the same subject:

When you get the robot, answer "Book a Cruise", and it will redirect you to a real person. Ask that person to connect you to the Loyalty desk.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Try mbayley@rccl.com... at least I get a reply. 

Idk where I will cruise with next. My best friends like american cruiselines. I think about $15000? They refuse to cruise with more than 100 onboard.

I'm interested in the line @Ourusualbeach is on with all the seafood. Dont know if it's because of the itinerary or what. That's my favorite. Thinking holland american. Please get me moved lol. 

He booked us on a Silversea Silver Nova next year, which is a Royal owned line, and although I haven’t seen all of Ken’s pics or posts yet, I think it’s equivalent (or better) and since it’s still in the a Royal umbrella we can still get Royal stock OBC. We’ll see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I KEEP SAYING TO MY DH! 
sorry for all the caps, but I’ve been saying this for months, once all the “loyal” guests cruised right after they resumed sailing and helped them get back on their feet, Fain left and brought in the new guy who wants us gone, I know they’re in the business to make money, but if things go south on his new agenda, many of us that cruise WAY more then for “weekends” once a year, as they’re advertising all the time on TV, we’ll have moved on.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

When you get the robot, answer "Book a Cruise", and it will redirect you to a real person. Ask that person to connect you to the Loyalty desk.

Thanks, I’ll remember that!r

Ooooo, this is sad to hear.  I loved being able to get right through.  I don’t call much anymore but there are times when it’s needed.  An agent not even knowing about the world cruise is crazy bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL....as far as RCI seems to be not concerned any longer with their long time cruisers....I am pretty much considered as a first cruiser with them.  Errr...actually maybe first cruisers get more attention versus the "Loyal Royals" now....hmmmm.....  🤔  😉 😄 

D+ and Pinnacle used to have a loyalty number to access an agent...just by pressing "9" when we call in...but that is just one more thing RCI has eliminated.  Now it's just heartless robots, and even less knowledgeable live agents.  Uggg...   😡

I agree. (I am Diamond Plus getting close to Pinnacle) I also had a frustrating time reaching a Crown and Anchor agent.  No direct path to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

That is how I finally got a real person.  I asked him to connect me to the WC desk (my problem being with that cruise).   He connected me to a person that had never even heard of the World Cruise.  Ughh...typical RCI.   🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

He booked us on a Silversea Silver Nova next year, which is a Royal owned line, and although I haven’t seen all of Ken’s pics or posts yet, I think it’s equivalent (or better) and since it’s still in the a Royal umbrella we can still get Royal stock OBC. We’ll see.

I would love to cruise that line...it's on our wish list.  Fell in love with the looks of the Silverseas ship we saw while in Brazil on the WC.   Beautiful!