Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

wonder if this another X “cookie gate”.  If they take them away, they dont have the expense of replacing as needed. It does seem very random - no consistency and stories change

• Like 4

This is all very strange! We just got off the Apex last month...was in a MC Sky Suite...had two loungers and the two chairs/table setup. 

• Like 2

It has to be a real pain for the crew going and getting loungers on request.  I'll bet they hate the new 'lounger rule'.  I wonder where they keep them anyway.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

This is all very strange! We just got off the Apex last month...was in a MC Sky Suite...had two loungers and the two chairs/table setup. 

Just read a review from someone who stayed in a SV on Beyond. There was no lounger initially but after requesting, one was delivered by day three. 

I hope we have 2 on our MC suite on Edge or we will definitely be requesting them. Can’t imagine what a storage nightmare it must be for X to remove them all only to return them upon request. Work smarter not harder Celebrity!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5

Totally ridiculous for X to take them away. 

Then if a person asks for them to provide them. 

Another example of COMPLETE STUPIDITY!

How to keep clients happy.

• Like 3

We are in a MC in about a week, we will be asking for them if they aren’t already on our balcony.  I need a comfy place to go cool off when the hot flashes hit. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Just off a B2B on the  Edge 2 weeks.  We stayed in 2 different MC Suites and both had 1 lounger. 

We were also on Edge B2B in April in 2 different SS.  Neither balcony had a lounger.  The cabin steward in the first room had spread the 2 chairs apart to take up the whole balcony.  The second room the two chairs were placed tightly on one side with the table, leaving a space where it appeared something was missing.  So I peaked around the panels, and one neighbor had a lounger and the other didn’t.

So glad our balconies were ‘safe’.  

• Like 2

Yes our butler told us they were removed from the entire ship and I asked even the very high end suites and he said yes no one had loungers. Was talking at the pool and this was apparently not true so I said to the concierge when did they do away with loungers in MC sky suite. He said you want them I said yes if possible he said no problem 

• Like 6

The fact that loungers would be taken off any of the balconies that previously had them is ridiculous. 

The assertion by Celebrity that this was done for safety reasons is even more ridiculous. 

The inconsistency now in who has loungers and who doesn't is also ridiculous.  

The fact that some folks have loungers when they board or get them on request also shows that this isn't about safety.

Large balconies were built to have deck furniture on them, not two tiny (and uncomfortable) chairs and a little table. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I will be sailing Eclipse on May 26th......guess I will find out if I have loungers on my balcony when I get to the ship.  

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I will be sailing Eclipse on May 26th......guess I will find out if I have loungers on my balcony when I get to the ship.  

Please report back if you think about it!  Maybe while you’re sipping something good?!😊 

24 minutes ago, Blueseas109 said:

I was on Reflection in a CS last month and no loungers. I asked for them but never got them. I also asked for foot stools but was told they didn’t have any. 

You were in a CS on an S-class ship and that's what happened?  Really, really bad move by Celebrity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blueseas109 said:

I was on Reflection in a CS last month and no loungers. I asked for them but never got them. I also asked for foot stools but was told they didn’t have any. 

So did you have just chairs or those semi-reclining chairs? We are considering Silhouette for next spring in a Concierge sunset veranda cabin and we like to sit outside in our balcony a lot but not in an uncomfortable chair. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Are you in a suite or a veranda? We will be a family of 3 on a following cruise and are booked in a deluxe veranda on the slant. We will definitely ask if none are there. Pre covid, we always had 2 loungers and 2 chairs in the same type veranda but post covid, only 2 chairs for the 3 of us. 

21 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Are you in a suite or a veranda? We will be a family of 3 on a following cruise and are booked in a deluxe veranda on the slant. We will definitely ask if none are there. Pre covid, we always had 2 loungers and 2 chairs in the same type veranda but post covid, only 2 chairs for the 3 of us. 

Hi, I will be in a Sky Suite.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just read a review from someone who stayed in a SV on Beyond. There was no lounger initially but after requesting, one was delivered by day three. 

I hope we have 2 on our MC suite on Edge or we will definitely be requesting them. Can’t imagine what a storage nightmare it must be for X to remove them all only to return them upon request. Work smarter not harder Celebrity!

We had 1 and along with the 2 chairs and table.  I think you are in the same suite as we were.

1 hour ago, RumRunner01 said:

So did you have just chairs or those semi-reclining chairs? We are considering Silhouette for next spring in a Concierge sunset veranda cabin and we like to sit outside in our balcony a lot but not in an uncomfortable chair. 

We had the semi reclining chairs. We had a great cruise and Reflection is a beautiful ship. I do like to read out on the balcony so I was a little disappointed. 

• Thanks 1