Drink Suggestions

Go up to Pig and Anchor/Parched Pig and get an Old Fashioned made with Blanton's. I'm not a big whiskey drinker but I really enjoyed it. (It's $18 if you don't have Cheers.) I also got some Hennessy/Hennessy Pure White on the rocks to sip during shows that was pretty good.

I love the taste of the Fun Ship but I can't do sweet drinks so I order one, divide it into two glasses and fill each with a club soda. Delivers the same great taste, same amount of booze but not nearly as sweet. 

Bourbon old fashions are good but I always order them half sweet. A skinny margarita can also hit the spot and is less sweet and has a lot less calories than a regular margarita. You can ask them to add a splash of strawberry etc into it. 

• Like 1

On Mardi Gras my favorite is the Watermelon Crush.  You can only get it at the Watering Hole bar on deck 8 Aft, starboard side.  Just outside of the Hero's lounge.  It has different hours and is not always open.  It is a fantastic "fruity" drink that is not near as sweet as most others on board.

• Like 1

The Mardi Gras will have some unique bars that aren't on other ships. They will have a lot of fun and unique drinks. 

When I booked the Celebration I looked online for bar menus and made a list. Once I got on the ship I started at the top and worked my way down lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I love the taste of the Fun Ship but I can't do sweet drinks so I order one, divide it into two glasses and fill each with a club soda. Delivers the same great taste, same amount of booze but not nearly as sweet. 

Bourbon old fashions are good but I always order them half sweet. A skinny margarita can also hit the spot and is less sweet and has a lot less calories than a regular margarita. You can ask them to add a splash of strawberry etc into it. 

I love Fun Ships.  It's a cruise tradition to get one as so as we board, but they are super sweet.  Adding club soda is genius!  Thanks!

• Like 1

Other than getting a Fun Ship when we board, I go for the more simple, traditional drinks.  My go to is a dirty martini from Alchemy.  The bartenders there are so talented . You can tell them what you like or don't like and they'll make you a delicious drink.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I love Fun Ships.  It's a cruise tradition to get one as so as we board, but they are super sweet.  Adding club soda is genius!  Thanks!

Instead of club soda, adding San Pellegrino sparkling water makes it even better.

Alchemy is perfect this. They will create a drink to your taste.  Also they use fresh juice so there is less sugar even if the drink has fruit juice in it.

• Like 1

The best bet is ordering simple combinations that won't be on Carnivals menu.  Most of the menu is filled with things with a 'tropical' vibe which have 2 to 3 different fruit flavors.  They are working to please though who want to drink but not taste the alcohol.  That waters down the drinks and makes the very sweet.  Stick with the classics, one liquor and one mixer or something meant to be dry like a martini.  Go to the Alchemy and they will amaze you at what they can come up with.

Posted (edited)

Bloody mary. Especially from P&A. Lately I've been doing dirty martini's when I just don't want the sweet/sour drinks.

The serenity bar has a skinny cocktails section.

SerenityBar_JB-scaled.jpeg?w=846&ssl=1

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I don't think you will find that at most Carnival bars 😄

There is a canned equivalent that is available at Java Blue as well as the majority of bars.  It replaced San Pellegrino a few years ago on Carnival.