ICON's Deluxe Beverage Pkg

Posted (edited)

BTW I got that off an agent's Youtube cruise review, advertised on boarding day for the inaugural, today's quote on my Sept. sailing is $1021.86...much better but still no good to us.  But my DD and hubs are considering it.  That's about 36 drinks per person for 7 days or 5+drinks a day on  $14 drinks.  Thank God for vouchers.  And I never use them all especially toward the end of the cruise.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

BTW I got that off an agent's Youtube cruise review, advertised on boarding day for the inaugural, today's quote on my Sept. sailing is $1021.86...much better but still no good to us.  But my DD and hubs are considering it.  That's about 36 drinks per person for 7 days or 5+drinks a day on  $14 drinks.  Thank God for vouchers.  And I never use them all especially toward the end of the cruise.

One of the best changes Royal made was the vouchers! I would love it even more if they did the same on Celebrity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Current cruisers experience....have they put this on sale lately? $1424.85 is insane!  Anybody?

Beverage pkg.jpg

That is breakeven at 7 drinks per day, easy to do.  We use all ten vouchers per day, only for cocktails,  and still have a bar tab at the end of the cruise.  Last trip was 17 nights, hard to believe we had 170 cocktails and a small bar tab. 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

$1021.86 sounds pretty good. When we sailed on Icon in February we paid $72.99 per day for the deluxe drink package, which I was happy with since the majority of the time prior to the cruise prices were in the 80s per day when I priced it on their website. 

Have two RCL cruises booked on Wonder and Oasis, thats right in the wheelhouse...works for us but certainly need to down some serious cocktails to make it cost effective.

We sail Icon in August and paid $76.99 per person, per day.  It is worth it for us, even though my husband is not a big drinker, because the package is not just for alcohol.  I drink a lot of sparkling water and will have some diet sodas on the cruise too.  Most of the top shelf drinks are around $14 each, sodas a few dollars each and San Pellegrino too!  We usually have a latte or cappuccino of some sort to start the day and a few alcoholic bees by the pool throughout the day, a glass or two of wine at dinner and maybe even a drink at a show.  Sprinkle in the water and sodas and you don't have to be huge drinkers to break even.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

We sail Icon in August and paid $76.99 per person, per day.  It is worth it for us, even though my husband is not a big drinker, because the package is not just for alcohol.  I drink a lot of sparkling water and will have some diet sodas on the cruise too.  Most of the top shelf drinks are around $14 each, sodas a few dollars each and San Pellegrino too!  We usually have a latte or cappuccino of some sort to start the day and a few alcoholic bees by the pool throughout the day, a glass or two of wine at dinner and maybe even a drink at a show.  Sprinkle in the water and sodas and you don't have to be huge drinkers to break even.

I think it's easy to overlook the fact they have a refreshment package which covers all non-alcoholic beverages for about 1/3 of the price of the DBP.  You may end up saving money by purchasing the DBP, but unless you consume around 4 or more alcoholic beverages on top of your non-alcoholic drinks, the refreshment package may actually be a better value.

Here's an example:

Example Package Prices (after gratuity):

DBP - $95/day

Refreshment - $35/day

10 non-alcoholic beverages @ $7 per drink = $70/day

3 alcoholic beverages @ $12 per drink = $36/day

Total w/o any package = $106/day

Total w/ DBP = $95/day

Total w/ Refreshment = $71/day (package - $35/day + alcoholic pay as you go $36/day)

You can see in this example there's still a savings with the DBP, but you would end up paying less overall with the Refreshment package.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I think it's easy to overlook the fact they have a refreshment package which covers all non-alcoholic beverages for about 1/3 of the price of the DBP.  You may end up saving money by purchasing the DBP, but unless you consume around 4 or more alcoholic beverages on top of your non-alcoholic drinks, the refreshment package may actually be a better value.

Here's an example:

Example Package Prices (after gratuity):

DBP - $95/day

Refreshment - $35/day

10 non-alcoholic beverages @ $7 per drink = $70/day

3 alcoholic beverages @ $12 per drink = $36/day

Total w/o any package = $106/day

Total w/ DBP = $95/day

Total w/ Refreshment = $71/day (package - $35/day + alcoholic pay as you go $36/day)

You can see in this example there's still a savings with the DBP, but you would end up paying less overall with the Refreshment package.

This is a great breakdown! The issue for us, personally, is the we will have 4-6 alcoholic beverages a day.  Each one is usually about $14 per drink.  Top shelf G&T, piña coladas, martinis, etc, are at the high end.  So even with the refreshment package we would spend more.  We paid $1271.76, total, for our deluxe package for the August Icon cruise.  Besides that fact, it is our 20th anniversary while on the cruise so we thought it would be really nice to not have to even think about it!

• Like 1

We start out day 1 using all 5 but it dwindles down to a trickle or none by 7th day. We are cruise closet drinkers only.  We may have a few glasses of wine at home very seldom.  Only for cocktails, we do our lattes etc in the Diamond lounge.  I only have 2 a day if that.  My go to is their tea. And we usually take a 12 can pk of A&W sugar free Root Beer.  We would never pay for a pkg.  We've done it Celebrity because the agent offered some kind of deal, just a couple cruises.  It's nice to be able to waste something you don't care for and get another too...but that amount would go a long way toward another booking...so no can do. Whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1