Recent apology letter from Princess

On 5/20/2024 at 8:55 PM, tert333 said:

You may want to check your account.   I received a similar letter and they did apply the credit to my existing cruise.   I have sent "Alvin" and note to ask to apply the credit to my next cruise in Jan 2025.  Will see how that goes.

As a follow up, I sent the note to Alvin and they applied the credit to my cruise that was booked in Jan 2025.  Well done Alvin!

On 5/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, Astro Flyer said:

On your previous thread there was some speculation that Alvin Stokes was a name used for AI replies to letters of concern or complaint

The name Alvin has both an A and an I in it.

Could Mr. Stokes be stoking a fire on cold-case files?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, ChutChut said:

And I just checked my Princess account and - yep - that $50 is there!

Can I ask where you found it? I also got the email and I logged into my account , looked in the payments section where you can find credits, and both my cruises have zero credit. Is that where you found it? 

3 hours ago, MITDOAC123 said:

I called the normal princess line and they told me I have no $50 credit coming and the letter is a mistake. 

Alvin?  What gives?

I realized I needed to look in our account, not in our booked cruises. I actually found the $50 credit when I checked the account that matched the email address the letter came to. Bonus! $50 US is big money for Canadians! LOL! 

On 5/23/2024 at 12:42 PM, SailinC2C said:

Can I ask where you found it? I also got the email and I logged into my account , looked in the payments section where you can find credits, and both my cruises have zero credit. Is that where you found it? 

Log into Princess using your password and check your Captain's Circle account to see if you have the $50 credit. It says it is good through May 2025. 

In February I sent a letter to Princess complaining about the terrible customer service and how much of a hassle it was to simply re-fare my cruise booking, get a competent CVP and general poor customer service from Princess including when we had some billing issues on our summer 2023 cruise. It was a harsh but fair letter and my intention was nothing more than to bring this to their attention and let them know it was an unacceptable level of customer service. I was really close to canceling both my cruises with Princess at thus point (I probably would have myself but we do like the on board experience and I don't think my wife would be too open to switch cruise lines).

A week and a half ago I got an email response from Princess apologizing for the problems I had and they gave my wife and I both a small discount on our cruise fares and a $50 OBC.

This discount/OBC was not necessary but i appreciated the gesture and the acknowledgement of the issues they are having. However I still wish for nothing more than for Princess to refocus their energy on good customer service with well trained reps that can answer questions and resolve issues efficiently. Hopefully these letters we are receiving are a step in that direction. It does seem that they have realized they need to do better.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that does it    I'm writing a letter to ALVIN     chat sucks - 50    app sucks, still blue - 50

a hundo coming?

Yep, don’t expect any money but want my FCD back to use again instead of what they did to me recently.

I am really not comfortable hearing about agents in other countries having all my information. 
3 booked cruises and hoping no more glitches.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 11:27 AM, voljeep said:

that does it    I'm writing a letter to ALVIN     chat sucks - 50    app sucks, still blue - 50

a hundo coming?

Yes, do that and get back to me.

I spoke to a representative last week about my not receiving all of the refundable onboard credit I should have after my cruise in August 2022. I had followed up immediately after the cruise. I have screen shots of what Crew Chat said would be refundable. I followed up again a few months after my cruise. I never heard back except for the automated email response.

The rep said she could not give me the onboard credit I wanted for my next cruise. She took notes and said I could expect to hear back in 2 to 5 business days. 

I miss the days when Princess customer service reps were able to make decisions without routing the problem to a supervisor. I had one give me a $25 OBC after being charged for a drink I did not order. Another one gave me a credit equal to half of what we paid for an excursion.

• Like 1