Princess Stock

Clek

In 2022 I bought 100 Carnival shares for £700, early 2023 we had a 35 night cruise so £150 onboard spend (P&O Ventura) got back of the cruise and a few months later the share price hit £13.40 so I sold making £600 profit. Not that I am a shares wizard or anything like, but that was a good deal to me. We didn't intend taking any more long cruises, but have decided on one last long one later in the year as I am retired and my health and age are against both myself and wife as far as long cruises are concerned as the cost of insurance is restrictive and has gone up from being in the hundreds to being in the thousands.

How do you now claim OBC for your 100 CCL shares on Princess. In times past we sent an email to Princess (forgot the email address) to make a claim?

35 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

How do you now claim OBC for your 100 CCL shares on Princess. In times past we sent an email to Princess (forgot the email address) to make a claim?

Get the Stockperks app and apply through them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

Yep, Stockperks app. Easy to do and took less than 12 hours from the time I applied to having the credit on my princess account 

3 hours ago, milamber said:

Yep, Stockperks app. Easy to do and took less than 12 hours from the time I applied to having the credit on my princess account 

Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm still waiting for two requests that I made in March.

I've just very recently applied for benefits for 2 different cruises.  Both were acknowledged and applied within 24 hours.  I was initially skeptical but (so far) it's worked for me.

What's nice about the Stockperks process is that once I had sent the redacted stock ownership report for the first cruise, their system kept it "on file" and I did not have to resubmit another report for the second cruise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm still waiting for two requests that I made in March.

Did you receive benefit submission acknowledgment emails saying your request was successfully submitted for both cruises?

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

What's nice about the Stockperks process is that once I had sent the redacted stock ownership report for the first cruise, their system kept it "on file" and I did not have to resubmit another report for the second cruise.

I wonder what would happen if you sold the stock. Having it on file, if you applied the next time no longer owning the stock, would they grant you the OBC?

17 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I use a stock and financial service Company where I have a Stocks and Shares ISA (These are UK savings schemes where you can invest up to £20,000 tax free) You can also buy individual shares such as CCL. I had 100 of these, informed them when my holiday was due. They then contacted P&O at Southampton (Also where Princess headquarters UK is) and they applied the OBC. I know cruise lines have to be contacted each time as like myself an individual may decide to sell the shares.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That happened to me too. Submitted my upcoming cruise booking number and that's all it asked for. Approved the next day. Took less than a minute to submit. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder what would happen if you sold the stock. Having it on file, if you applied the next time no longer owning the stock, would they grant you the OBC?

Pure speculation on my part...but I don't see how they would ever know if you used the "manual" upload procedure. 

If you were to use the method where you give them login credentials to your account (does *anybody* actually do this!?) then they could certainly check on that.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Pure speculation on my part...but I don't see how they would ever know if you used the "manual" upload procedure. 

If you were to use the method where you give them login credentials to your account (does *anybody* actually do this!?) then they could certainly check on that.

I did a manual upload and all I sent them was a screenshot of my online holding from my brokerage account, they also added my NCL stock as a "valid" holding in my portfolio, NCL is not available in Stockperks yet so I guess they could be in talks, as they have them set up ready.
I did wonder how long a manual update would last as there is no expiry date, I suspect they might ask me to provide an update in 6 months or a years time.

7 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Did you receive benefit submission acknowledgment emails saying your request was successfully submitted for both cruises?

Yes, dated 21 March. I've contacted Stockperks twice so far and just keep getting a "that shouldn't happen" response.

Posted (edited)

Finally decided to install the app and am appalled at the information they want. Why do they need my shipping address? Why do they need my annual income? I don't see any reason for the information they seem to require. Does one really need to provide all of this info in order to use the app to submit Shareholder OBC requests?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Finally decided to install the app and am appalled at the information they want. Why do they need my shipping address? Why do they need my annual income? I don't see any reason for the information they seem to require. Does one really need to provide all of this info in order to use the app to submit Shareholder OBC requests?

@Thrak  No you do not.  I entered my name (nothing else) hit save or whatever it shows and moved on to the next step.  Chose the manual option, uploaded my redacted statement and all was accepted and OBC applied in a few days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Agreed. That's why I was initially wary of this process. But...you do *not* have to do any of that mess except for basic account creation (name, email etc.) Just make sure that you use the "manual" procedure when you actually submit your stock info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@Thrak  No you do not.  I entered my name (nothing else) hit save or whatever it shows and moved on to the next step.  Chose the manual option, uploaded my redacted statement and all was accepted and OBC applied in a few days. 

Many thanks. I am sooooooooooo pleased as I definitely have zero interest in giving the other information. We don't have any cruises booked at the moment but will likely "fix" that fairly soon.