Labadee no longer a port of call?

I just got an email from Celebrity advising us that they are switching out Labadee Haiti for Nassau. On our Apex sailing next February. Not thrilled about Nassau and we have been there many times.  But that’s not the point, we can always make it a ship day.  But does anyone know any further information about Labadee?  Given the unrest in Haiti, which I have not been following.  It’s more than 6 months from now, so it must not be good. 

Posted (edited)

Labadee has been cancelled as a port of call for some time now due to the unrest in Haiti.  Both RCCL, and now Celebrity, have been rescheduling itineraries around Haiti for a while.  Hard to predict for sure when it will be rescheduled.  Typically Turks & Caicos, Jamaica, and ports of call in the Dominican Republic have been the alternatives.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

45 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

I just got an email from Celebrity advising us that they are switching out Labadee Haiti for Nassau. On our Apex sailing next February. Not thrilled about Nassau and we have been there many times.  But that’s not the point, we can always make it a ship day.  But does anyone know any further information about Labadee?  Given the unrest in Haiti, which I have not been following.  It’s more than 6 months from now, so it must not be good. 

Mine on March Eclipse the same, added a sea day (yay) and also added Nassau, would have much preferred another sea day though.

I just got the email for my November cruise--we're going to Turks & Caicos instead.  Not fond of that, but it is what it is.  I'm sorry for the poor locals who were able to earn some income at Labadee.  I wonder if Haiti will ever manage to rid itself of all the crooks and charlatans who have been running it into the ground forever.

• Like 1

My TA just forwarded the email she received from Celebrity. My 1/25/2025 Equinox cruise has been changed from Labadee to Nassau. I am trying to contain my enthusiasm for the switch. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I just got the email for my November cruise--we're going to Turks & Caicos instead.  Not fond of that, but it is what it is.  I'm sorry for the poor locals who were able to earn some income at Labadee.  I wonder if Haiti will ever manage to rid itself of all the crooks and charlatans who have been running it into the ground forever.

I’ll trade you Nassau for Turks & Caicos! 😁

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Putting it out in the universe, anyone get notified for Apex Dec 7?

(no email, website not updated and nothing in roll call as of yet)

If you are referring to 12/7/24 and were originally supposed to have a port of call at Labadee it is now showing Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you are referring to 12/7/24 and were originally supposed to have a port of call at Labadee it is now showing Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

DR was on there already for the day after. I just had the email (along with my flight for July being changed - lots of changes today) looks like we're getting CocoCay instead

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

DR was on there already for the day after. I just had the email (along with my flight for July being changed - lots of changes today) looks like we're getting CocoCay instead

I see that.  Wasn't sure if DR was recently added but if Labadee was originally the day before DR then it is now a sea day with CocoCay the day before that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I see that.  Wasn't sure if DR was recently added but if Labadee was originally the day before DR then it is now a sea day with CocoCay the day before that.

I think they moved it around, after Key west I think originally it was a sea day then Haiti then DR. Now it looks like Key West, CocoCay, Sea day then DR. I didn't notice the sea day originally being switched - too busy reading the 'we've changed your return flight home' email 🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Mine on March Eclipse the same, added a sea day (yay) and also added Nassau, would have much preferred another sea day though.

Well if you don’t get off the ship it is effectively a sea day. 

On our March 23, 2024 Ascent sailing Labadee was changed to Falmouth, Jamaica.  We've never been there so will look into options on land, although the port times are 7:00 - 3:00 and it's a tender port.  This is already a "stay on board" trip as we have 3 sea days, Grand Cayman and Nassau as the other ports.  

15 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

On our March 23, 2024 Ascent sailing Labadee was changed to Falmouth, Jamaica.  We've never been there so will look into options on land, although the port times are 7:00 - 3:00 and it's a tender port.  This is already a "stay on board" trip as we have 3 sea days, Grand Cayman and Nassau as the other ports.  

Falmouth is a docked port.  We just found out that is where we are going now too a month earlier.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Guess who has been supporting the government?   

3 hours ago, Straughn said:

My TA just forwarded the email she received from Celebrity. My 1/25/2025 Equinox cruise has been changed from Labadee to Nassau. I am trying to contain my enthusiasm for the switch. 

lol! I know the feeling!

1 hour ago, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

Falmouth is a docked port.  We just found out that is where we are going now too a month earlier.

Thanks, I realized I had mis-read the notice from Celebrity.  The new itinerary listed each day and included the information that Grand Cayman was a tender port.  I just skipped over "Grand Cayman" and assumed all the information included was about Falmouth.