Port Canaveral parking and YC

eppler

First time leaving from PC and we are driving down in a personal car since it is close.

Plan to park at the pier so we can walk over versus a private park and shuttle.

I see the Seashore is at Pier 10.

Anyone have any issue with finding a spot to park or getting there at a certain time?  Do Yacht Club guests get any priority spots?

Any other input is welcome.

No special parking for Yacht Club. As people from the previous cruise are leaving, their spots become available. Just like at the mall, you take whatever spot that you can get. We usually drop the bags first then park. The walk isn't bad. There's someone who stops traffic to help people cross the street.

• Like 2

No priority parking for YC but I’ve never had an issue with parking. Always plenty to go around. I park in the parking deck at least I story up. You can drop your bags at the curb and then park if you want. The last time we parked in PC we paid when we entered as opposed to when we left after the cruise. And there was one mean man who yelled at me…literally, bc I pulled into a parking lane that wasn’t opened yet… but was getting ready to. Don’t worry, in good old fashioned southern charm, I told him where to go and how to get there. Left my DM dumbstruck for 10 minutes. Other than that, parking in PC is pretty much a breeze. 

• Like 1

Is the parking garage before you get to the area to drop off luggage? Meaning can we avoid that area? We are carrying on so I’d love to just park and not get in the line of cars waiting to drop off luggage. 

Posted (edited)

I sailed from PC twice last year with different experiences with the parking.  In August I did a 4+3 B2B on Seaside.  When I entered the garage I paid for each leg separately, with two slips to leave on my dashboard.  And incidentally paying twice for the middle day.  In December I did a 3+7 on Seashore.  This time she said I could only pay for the 3 day at that time, but pay for the 7 days on the way out.  Well, with the construction with the new garage the exit was circuitous, and there did not seem to be any place to lay, so that last week was free.  I will be back in a week for a simple 7 day.

5 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Is the parking garage before you get to the area to drop off luggage? Meaning can we avoid that area? We are carrying on so I’d love to just park and not get in the line of cars waiting to drop off luggage. 

You can enter the parking garage without going past the luggage drop off.  That is unless they have changed the traffic patterns…EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cbfb said:

I am a local

As you follow the signs. You will see the parking garage ahead on the right. Stay left keeping garage on right and keep driving till it loops to the left. You will see the drop area as you proceed.

Drop, continue in the loop with the ship on right side of you and you will be right back where you stayed left of the garage. This time turn left into garage entry lanes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am a local

As you follow the signs. You will see the parking garage ahead on the right. Stay left keeping garage on right and keep driving till it loops to the left. You will see the drop area as you proceed.

Drop, continue in the loop with the ship on right side of you and you will be right back where you stayed left of the garage. This time turn left into garage entry lanes.

Thank you for the detailed info. If we don’t want to drop the bags we can turn left into the garage before we get to the bag drop off? I ask because we are just doing carry on and the one time we cruised out of PC it was a traffic nightmare at the bag drop off. Would love to just park and walk across. 

6 minutes ago, cbfb said:

If we don’t want to drop the bags we can turn left into the garage before we get to the bag drop off?

IMG_2737.jpeg.3f7c77d5e0013bddd839391637

Stay right in your case. You'll be on that curved road as you enter the area.

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

IMG_2737.jpeg.3f7c77d5e0013bddd839391637

Stay right in your case. You'll be on that curved road as you enter the area.

Perfect! Thanks so much! 

4 hours ago, cbfb said:

Thank you for the detailed info. If we don’t want to drop the bags we can turn left into the garage before we get to the bag drop off? I ask because we are just doing carry on and the one time we cruised out of PC it was a traffic nightmare at the bag drop off. Would love to just park and walk across. 

If you don't drop you turn right before the garage 

• Thanks 1

Just an FYI: The garage has not been opening to new passengers until at least 10:30 AM for several months now due to the new garage construction going on. If you get there too early, they will not let you queue in front of the garage. In February, they started allowing people to line up around 10:15, in March it was more like 10:25.

• Like 1

@GA Dave is correct.  We got there way too early and DH had to leave the port and toodle around Port Canaveral while I stood, first in line, at the YC tent.  They let him get in line to park around 10:20.  Lots of "steamy" people by that point.

Does anyone know if there are EV chargers in the main port parking lot? Last year, we had to park on a private lot so that my husband could get a charger. It was fine, but less optimal. (He has a HORRIBLE sense of direction and the typical male disdain of asking for help. I was whisked into the YC waiting area, and after he dropped off the car and shuttled in, he was wandering around in completely the wrong place. Sigh.)

44 minutes ago, mica178 said:

Does anyone know if there are EV chargers in the main port parking lot? Last year, we had to park on a private lot so that my husband could get a charger. It was fine, but less optimal. (He has a HORRIBLE sense of direction and the typical male disdain of asking for help. I was whisked into the YC waiting area, and after he dropped off the car and shuttled in, he was wandering around in completely the wrong place. Sigh.)

I can't 100% confirm but plans were announced last year....

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-Expands-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-I

48 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I can't 100% confirm but plans were announced last year....

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-Expands-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-I

The new garages at Terminal 10 and Terminal 6 are going up much faster than the original announced plans. Just hope we don’t get any severe tropical storms early season that will slow Terminal 10 work. There’s a small disturbance off the coast now with stiff breezes. All the construction is craned positioning of prefab sections, so that can be problematic. The new garages will at least double capacity at both terminals. The newly announced Terminal 8 will also have a huge garage. 

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

The new garages at Terminal 10 and Terminal 6 are going up much faster than the original announced plans. Just hope we don’t get any severe tropical storms early season that will slow Terminal 10 work. There’s a small disturbance off the coast now with stiff breezes. All the construction is craned positioning of prefab sections, so that can be problematic. The new garages will at least double capacity at both terminals. The newly announced Terminal 8 will also have a huge garage. 

When is the plan to complete the construction? 

2 minutes ago, cbfb said:

When is the plan to complete the construction? 

Sorry, can’t help on that. I think the original build time for both garages was 18 months. That was 8 months ago I think. But those of us who sail from 10 often have seen things pretty quickly once they got above ground level.

• Thanks 1

Mica 178 - we just parked off site at Port Parking Space - literally 5 minutes from the port drop off. They had EV chargers. Excellent place to park. 

We park at Port Parking Space in Port Canaveral just across the street from the terminal.  They shuttle you over and pick you up outside the terminal when the cruise is over to take you back to your car.

www.portparkingspace.com

On 6/18/2024 at 6:52 PM, Jeal said:

Mica 178 - we just parked off site at Port Parking Space - literally 5 minutes from the port drop off. They had EV chargers. Excellent place to park. 

Is that a 5 minute shuttle ride or a 5 minute walk?

I really don't want to do the shuttle because I hear that getting one to get back to car at end of cruise is tough.  Wife and I can easily walk 5 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eppler said:

Is that a 5 minute shuttle ride or a 5 minute walk?

I really don't want to do the shuttle because I hear that getting one to get back to car at end of cruise is tough.  Wife and I can easily walk 5 minutes.

Sorry, looking at the map........that was a dumb question on my part

On 6/18/2024 at 6:52 PM, Jeal said:

Yes, that's where we parked last year. And where we'll probably park this year.