"Not quite a B2B" question

I have booked a 21 night sailing on the Rotterdam that is also selling as a 14 nt and 7 nt. With one booking number, will we be required to disembark (as in zero count) on turnaround day?

Posted (edited)

Yes, the ship will need to be at zero count. No, you do not need to pack your stateroom if you have the same stateroom for both legs.

The night before turnaround you will be given an "in transit" pass. All "in transit" passengers will be required to assemble (often in the World Stage) WITH THEIR PASSPORTS AND PASSES and then marched off the ship, downstairs, and to ICE.

Don"t be the passenger that's late, holding everyone else up. They won't start until every passenger is there.

ICE will process all passengers. Passengers are then released to reboard or are free to continue ashore and reboard at their leisure, but before "all aboard."

Edited by FOPMan
  • Like 2

This is not a US port... it will be in Rotterdam. I fully understand about "in-transit" on a true b2b, but technically, my cruise is not a b2b... it's 21 nights.

1 hour ago, julia said:

This is not a US port... it will be in Rotterdam. I fully understand about "in-transit" on a true b2b, but technically, my cruise is not a b2b... it's 21 nights.

If you have it booked as a single cruise, one booking number, for you it is a single cruise. As you are not in the US, you will likely not have any special procedures at the end of the 14 day cruise. You might get a separate gangway from the departing and arriving guests. You will be informed as to any issues or procedures, if there are any. But I don't think there will be. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Yes, the ship will need to be at zero count. No, you do not need to pack your stateroom if you have the same stateroom for both legs.

The night before turnaround you will be given an "in transit" pass. All "in transit" passengers will be required to assemble (often in the World Stage) WITH THEIR PASSPORTS AND PASSES and then marched off the ship, downstairs, and to ICE.

Don"t be the passenger that's late, holding everyone else up. They won't start until every passenger is there.

ICE will process all passengers. Passengers are then released to reboard or are free to continue ashore and reboard at their leisure, but before "all aboard."

This description only applies in US ports. Not outside the US. Most of the time. Sometimes the passport check is done on board.

Ok... thx for the replies.  I was looking at some excursions and didn't want to conflict (if we needed to somewhere on turnaround day).

Posted (edited)

Maybe not, at least for Seattle. We’re on Westerdam since June 2nd for 7x28x7x7 and haven’t had to disembark for turnaround days. We just got the sea pass cards and info sheet for our upcoming third and final turnaround day (all Seattle) and it again says we are free to remain onboard all day.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Maybe not, at least for Seattle. We’re on Westerdam since June 2nd for 7x28x7x7 and haven’t had to disembark for turnaround days. We just got the sea pass cards and info sheet for our upcoming third and final turnaround day (all Seattle) and it again says we are free to remain onboard all day.

Were you required to show up for a passport check in the lounge, or some other meeting room?

Related ... Note that when you have one booking number for what is essentially two cruises, you will not be able to book shore excursions on the second cruise during the first cruise (even though for you they are one cruise). It's a quirk of the HAL shorex booking system. Meanwhile, people who booked your second cruise (but not your first), are able to book and may fill up the excursions. So book them before you go!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

Related ... Note that when you have one booking number for what is essentially two cruises, you will not be able to book shore excursions on the second cruise during the first cruise (even though for you they are one cruise). It's a quirk of the HAL shorex booking system. Meanwhile, people who booked your second cruise (but not your first), are able to book and may fill up the excursions. So book them before you go!

Seems inconsistent with this. We have a Collectors Cruise booked for July 2025 in the Med. Have booked the priority excursions in both halves already. 

20 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Seems inconsistent with this. We have a Collectors Cruise booked for July 2025 in the Med. Have booked the priority excursions in both halves already. 

I wasn't clear. You can book all online before you start the first cruise. But once you start that cruise, with your single booking number, you cannot go to the HAL website and book anything on the second segment (as you've already started the cruise). Yet on board the shorex team cannot book anything beyond the current single cruise. Which means they cannot book the second segment.

3 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

I wasn't clear. You can book all online before you start the first cruise. But once you start that cruise, with your single booking number, you cannot go to the HAL website and book anything on the second segment (as you've already started the cruise). Yet on board the shorex team cannot book anything beyond the current single cruise. Which means they cannot book the second segment.

Oh jeeeeez.... now I have a headache!  😲🫢

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, julia said:

Oh jeeeeez.... now I have a headache!  😲🫢

It's OK, just book any excursion you want before you leave home.

The huge downside to this is if you have a lot of OBC and want to use it for excursions!

On 7/12/2024 at 4:42 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Were you required to show up for a passport check in the lounge, or some other meeting room?

Disembarked Eurodam today in Seattle - not a sign of customs/immigration presence. Collected our bags and walked straight out to the pick up area. No passport check, no photos, no agents standing around looking - nada.

• Like 1