International Cafe Coffee Syrups - sugar free?

cruiseray

I think this might be one of those "it varies by ship" things.  On our last cruise (Hawaii, Discovery in March), I asked at the IC about SF syrups and was told they do not stock them.  However, I think I've seen someone post on here fairly recently that they did find SF syrup(s) in the IC on a different cruise.  Will be interested in hearing if any others have asked and what the consensus might be.

Not OP but will chime in that this is a good idea.  My "guess" is they would just use skim milk and call it skinny (calories versus carbs, which are my focus), but I certainly don't know.  I'll be "researching" in a few days when I embark on the Emerald.

38 minutes ago, peanutter said:

Not OP but will chime in that this is a good idea.  My "guess" is they would just use skim milk and call it skinny (calories versus carbs, which are my focus), but I certainly don't know.  I'll be "researching" in a few days when I embark on the Emerald.

We were on the Emerald in May.  I am pretty sure there was SF vanilla and caramel.  

• Like 1

Sorry, I’ll say No. 

I’ve asked on every Princess cruise I’ve ever been on for SF vanilla latte, and never found it. That includes Emerald in April 2024. 
It would be so easy for them to include as an option, don’t know why they won’t. 

• Like 1

Was on Crown in July and asked and was told they only have a plain sugar free syrup and no flavors. He even showed me the bottle.   Bringing my own small bottle of Hazelnut on the Sun TA.   A friend also on the Crown told me she ordered a SF latte (not sure what flavor she said) but apparently she didn't notice it had no other flavor. 

Mary 

• Like 1

I carry sugar free Sweet Drops concentrated coffee syrups with me in case they don't have any sugar free. It is small, similar to water flavoring, and easy to carry in my purse. 

We did a couple Princess cruises in 2023 and I recall the International Cafe having only sugar free Vanilla syrup.  I ordered lattes with coffee and steamed milk and sometimes added a couple pumps of the SF vanilla.

As an aside, I'm not a coffee drinker but sometimes order a Chai Tea Latte.  Well, the ones the IC on Princess ships contain NO TEA!  They're just milk fat powder & super sweet chai syrup.  No tea or caffeine, just a sickening big cup of fat & sugar.  When I asked the IC manager why no tea, he shrugged & said the syrup bottle says 'Chai Tea" syrup so they don't bother to put tea in--even thought the syrup does not list tea as an ingredient.  Always good to know what you're actually ordering...

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 4:37 PM, Ellipooh said:

Sorry, I’ll say No. 

I’ve asked on every Princess cruise I’ve ever been on for SF vanilla latte, and never found it.

Same here. I've asked on just about every Princess ship I've sailed, for any SF flavored syrup, and they've only had unflavored liquid sweetener.

If you don't want to take a chance try one of the syrups from RxSugar. I have no connection to them other than a user of their product. The products use allulose instead of suger. Allulose is a great sugar replacement with zero callories, looks and taste the same taste as sugar. Can be used as a replacement for suger in about any cooking situation, but may require 10-50% more to get to the same level of sweetness as sugar.

They have bottles of flavored syrup, which they call liquid sugar. Would be kind of large to travel with so you may want to fill a smaller container with either the plain allulose, or liguid sugar. 

Their "Swealthy" snacks are good also (we have onlty tried the chocolate flavor). Tastes like a small chocolate fudge bar, but only 80 calories. (They are small, but a tasty low-cal treat.)

https://rxsugar.com/products/rxsugar-chocolate-swealthy-snax

5 hours ago, 34TigerLily said:

Skinny latte means skim milk instead of regular milk

I don't drink coffee but the barista at the International Cafe made me a skinny earl grey latte with sugar free vanilla syrup.  I thought that's what makes it skinny.

On 8/25/2024 at 4:28 PM, peanutter said:

Lower fat milk = more exposed sugar (lactose).

2 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Lower fat milk = more exposed sugar (lactose).

Exactly why I personally don't drink skim milk - too "carby" for me. But some just look at/count calories and skim milk works for them. 

FWIW, currently on Emerald and no SF Torani in sight (but lots of regular stuff in IC).

On 8/25/2024 at 4:37 PM, Ellipooh said:

Sorry, I’ll say No. 

I’ve asked on every Princess cruise I’ve ever been on for SF vanilla latte, and never found it. That includes Emerald in April 2024. 
It would be so easy for them to include as an option, don’t know why they won’t. 

I was probably mixing it up with Carnival.  We were on two cruises a few weeks apart.

On 8/30/2024 at 8:01 PM, peanutter said:

Exactly why I personally don't drink skim milk - too "carby" for me. But some just look at/count calories and skim milk works for them. 

FWIW, currently on Emerald and no SF Torani in sight (but lots of regular stuff in IC).

They had Skinny Girl sugar free vanilla on Emerald in April. 

4 hours ago, bosswench said:

They had Skinny Girl sugar free vanilla on Emerald in April. 

Seriously?? I was on that cruise with you, but I asked and was told no. 

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Like 2

It's a supply issue.  Totally possible that you asked for sugar free Vanilla syrup and they said no because they did not have any.  I've only seen sugar free vanilla on some cruises in the past (and maybe once a sugar free caramel, but not sure if I am remembering correctly).  Sugar free syrups sometimes cost more to purchase so that may be another reason Princess does not stock many.  I think if there was an outcry from guests requesting more sugar free syrups that may gt corporates attention.  Anyone want to start a petition ? hah  

(I'm trying to eat & drink "cleaner" so am minimizing sugar and eliminating sugar free stuff and as many additives as i can)

• Like 1