Pinnacle $30 Ahhhhhh!!!!

fb0075

On Tuesday, we pre-paid for two nights for an October sailing and were charged the $20 pp. No mention of the price increase by ship services. Hope we don't have to pay more when we get on the ship :(

We tried to pre-pay and were told by Ship Services we couldn't do that.

Hey at least its not as bad as Silver Seas and Seabourn that charge over 100.00 per person. :eek::eek::eek:

I wonder if they are now going to offer different menus or add itesm to the menu so customers wont complain much.

Also Princess two paid restraurants charge between 15-20 per person.

Paul

Sail -- I think we were just talking about erroding the product and here we go again. HAL will find that newbes will pay the higher price but the ancient Mariners will balk. (only my opinion)

On a Zaandam 20 day Panama Canal Cruise the Pinnacle was empty - and I mean empty. Then they announced that the price had been reduced to $15. Suddenly the place filled up and was frequented the rest of the cruise.

HAL would have been wise to have kept the increase to $25. At $25 PP I think they would receive a more favorable reception. I hope the bean counters stop before they decide to have a cafeteria style check out line in the Lido.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if Pinnacle remains empty night after night.

We've been on some cruises when it was packed every night and others where there were empty tables.

Hey at least its not as bad as Silver Seas and Seabourn that charge over 100.00 per person. :eek::eek::eek:

Just to clarify: Seabourn does not charge $100 per person for dinner. Perhaps the poster was referring to the per diem charge difference, and that obviously varies per person, and per cruise....

(All-inclusive) Seabourn is more per diem than HAL, without a doubt. There is not an additional charge for dinner. Nor the champagne (nor the caviar!)

Paul

We have always found the food in the dining room very good and will continue to have our dinners there. Although, the food in the Pinnacle was excellent, we were underwhelmed by the service and felt very rushed.

People who sail other cruise lines and dine in their alternative restaurants......... What are the charges for them? Any of them $30 per person.

The Crystal Symphony has two specialty restaurants: Prego (Italian) and Jade Garden (Asian).

Reservations are required (and limited), but there is NO surcharge, other than a suggested gratuity of $6.00 per diner.

BTW, Prego is fantastic!!

Todd English Restaurant on QM2:

$30 per person for lunch abd $40 per person for dinner

Sabatini Italian Restaurant on RCCL:

$40 per person for dinner

QE2 isn't HAL and when were you on RCCI and charged $40 for dinner? that certainly isn't the normal price. Most all mass marketed lines charge $10-$25 with Celebrity being $30 for a 3 course dinner. We normally try eating in specialty dining rooms 1 or 2 times, depending on the length of the cruise: I think we will choose, this time to eat in the main dining and use the extra money for something else. $30 is pushing it a little. Hopefully there will be a 1/2 price offer a couple of nights or something like that NMNita

If this is true, and apparently it is, I can find a better use for the sixty dollars plus tip. I will have my "free" meal in the dining room and spend the money someplace else or use it at home for dinner in a land based restaurant. The Pinnacle was nice but not that much nicer than the dining room.

If HAL is going to raise the price, HAL better start to change the menu more oftern - at least have 3 different menus per cruise.

KK:

I've heard there will be menu changes and daily specials. Some other changes.

The new price will be effective October 1.

I'd be very surprised if any prepaid reservations already made won't be honored.

Rather than moaning here, I'd suggest that everyone vote with their feet. After all, it's not as if you'll go hungry if you don't go to the PG.

Still, I don't understand the motivation - it's not as if it's difficult to get a PG reservation, the place seems to be half empty every night.

And the menu is getting tiresome. Even MacDonald's changes their menu more often!

On our recent 16-day Prinsendam cruise, the dining room was so good that we didn't go to the PG even once (although I did use their wine list most nights). We probably won't again until there's something fresh and new...

Guess I will stick to the dining room and use the savings elsewhere. Regardless the money will probably end up in HAL's pockets anyway. Since our cruise consultant always arranges at least one free dinner in the PG per cruise we will at least go once.

Archived