*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

He was wearing shorts and a red tank top which showed off his hairy armpits when he propped his elbow on the bar. :eek: Ugh.

Hairy armpits? You mean he didn't shave?:eek:

Thanks to you, Ruth, and Rev Neal for sharing this great cruise with the rest of us!

Actually, I believe we do have bananas. And all manner of fruit, for that matter. What we didn't have at last night's Mariner Party, however, was the good nuts. :eek:

What is this world coming to? :rolleyes:

There were two parties on an informal night. CC member the2ofus received her 100-day medallion as a small fan club cheered from the balcony.

Congratulations, Jane; here's to many more cruise days ahead.

The food has been excellent on this cruise, IMHO. There are too many choices for breakfast, delicious rotisserie chicken just about every luncheon. Dinner is excellent, if a bit drawn out.

Hot hors d' oeurves were seen at the welcome aboard and Mariners parties, but otherwise are not served. (I skipped the VIP party, so don't know what was served there.)

Did I mention it's time for me to go eat another meal? ;)

I'm guessing that because of all the Spamdammers' parties/receptions/bar hopping/wing-dings that the good nut cache has been depeleted. Of course, maybe they're simply saving them for your farewell shindig. Or for the crew to enjoy after tending to all those wild CC folk! :D

Oh, how I'd love to have been a nut consumer with all of you these two weeks!

How was breakfast?

First l too am thankful that Mary and family are okay.

And second, the pictures and stories are wonderful and have been enjoying them. This seems like it will be one of the cruises that will always stand out for all you. Keep the posts and pictures coming.

Thanks so much Spamdammers for keeping us up to date with your posts and photographs. It has been a wild ride for us shoresiders and I have enjoyed so much sailing, vicariously, with all of you.

Okay, you have two days left to wreak your havoc on the ship and then another (admittedly smaller) group of CCers are ready, willing and able to continue the party, although the next party will have a decidedly Mexican flavor.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise you lucky ducks.

Valerie:)

I hope you don't mind me intruding here on this thread to ask all of you experienced Spammers a question. There was a thread started a few mos ago entitled "Why did HAL change" where the participants told stories about loud piped in music following them throughout the ship; and jeans being allowed in the dining room, etc. That thread really bothered me. I didn't experience that at all on our last cruise on the Westerdam in Jan 06 and part of the reason my husband and I love cruising so much is that magical break from the ordinary. RuthC just touched on it a bit above when she mentioned the pax with shorts on a formal night. Can you tell us what your experience has been like.

Blessings to you all and we too are so glad that you are all safe and sound after the earthquake.

What I didn't say above is that my husband and I cancelled a Celebrity Cruise and went HAL after reading your reviews on CC. We'd like your first hand account on the subject since we are scheduled to sail in Jan 07.

What we didn't have at last night's Mariner Party, however, was the good nuts. :eek:

Ruth - That's because all of us good "nuts" Mariners aren't sailing with you on the Spamdam. You left us behind to simply read about your adventures. :p :D

Keep those posts comin'. Love reading them. :)

I've been dancin', dancin', dancin' the night away! :) And I believe I shall do so again tonight.

At cocktail time last night the dance host who can dance---and has personality, too---saw me with a few fellow CC'ers and asked "you know them? Then let's dance!". It was fun. He promised to come up to the sock hop later; and he did.

There was a 50's-60's night in the Crow's Nest. There were enough of us CC'ers to stretch up and down three tables---made it easy to cheer on Richard and Heather when they were in the Twist Contest. We all danced, gyrated, bumped, jiggled, and essentially got our collective heart rates up to significant levels. As promised Harry (the dance host who can walk and breathe at the same time;) ) did come up and I had his last dance of the evening. :D

Did I mention that longtimecruiser and Sir Scott exchanged gifts of sparkly jewelry last night?

Did I mention that longtimecruiser and Sir Scott exchanged gifts of sparkly jewelry last night?
Oh my, it appears Sir Scott is quite the Ladies man, should I warn the Ladies of our CC Halloween Dam Cruise ??? He's getting off the Voyage of the Spammed and then joining the CC Halloween Dam Cruise, but I'm sure you knew that ;)

Archived