Anyone ever get pre-cruise depression?

constructiondude

Twice today I measured wrong on this work project, my mind kept drifting to the peaceful shipboard life I will enjoy in just 5 short weeks. I'm losing patience with coworkers, traffic...I just want to get on that ship darnit! I'm trying to keep my mind occupied but to no avail....even the holidays have lost their appeal.

Anyone else experience this?

I hear ya...and I don't leave until April on our trip...cannot wait either...day dream, no patience at work...get me onboard...SOON! Enjoy every minute, detail, experience - good or bad because its better than working:) . Cheer up, yours is sooner than ours...

Depression ?? .... not really that, but sometimes pre-cruise anxiety.

Especially if I'm short on time (like it has been for me lately :rolleyes: ) and I get into a panic regarding issues like:

"Did I mail that bill?"

"What the @#$%! happened to this tie!?"

"Hope my little one doesn't miss me too much ... "

"Did I leave instructions on feeding my little one??? :confused:

I could tell you hundreds of horror stories of what happened to me on getting ready for my vacations. Next time we're on the same ship, pull up a chair ... I'll have the brewskis ready.

:D

Construction: it's called "putting the stern in front of the bow":)

love that nautical talk:D

keep your mind on your work .. 5 weeks will fly by especially at this time of the year ..

what you have is not depression .. just a slight case of the "get me out of heres";)

depresssion or manic depression is when you do this: instead of saying it's only 5 weeks until you leave, you take out a calculator and add up your the days of your cruise .. if it's 2 weeks, the depressed person thinks "just 7 weeks and I'll be back!":(

The worst depression is when you have to cancel 2 days before you leave.:( You have cruise clothes and etc. everywhere that keep reminding you that you are not going....but there will be other cruises.....I just hope soon....

Donna, did you just have to cancel you Prinsendam Cruise?

If so, I am so sorry. I ave to agree that would be true Depression.

I have to agree with Navy Chief. Depression is having to get off the ship.

Now I admit my temperment might become a bit short before I leave on a cruise but usually just the week or two before. The trick here is to book 4 cruises a year and go every 3 to 4 months. I have found that the time flies by much quicker plus the pain/depression of getting off the ship is not as bad when you know that your next cruise is not that far away.:)

I have three distinct pre cruise stages:

1. Booking euphoria: go immediately to CC. Posting rate goes up to 20 per day. Walk around, stars in eyes, ask everyone/tell everyone about cruises past and future.

2. Lull period: so what if I'm going on a cruise? Not like it's TOMORROW. And BTW, what was I thinking? That life would be BETTER if I were down about three grand? But also, brief flashes of OH MY GOD, I'M GOING ON A CRUUUUUISE!!!!

3. Anxiety: poor dog. Twelve days at the VETS? Poor kids. They have every reason to hate me when I get back- but they've always preferred their father, anyway, so they're probably THRILLED that I'm leaving. OMG! Forgot to tell neighbor to get the mail!

Cruise stage is- of course- awesome. Coming home- I'm always stunned at how big my bedroom is.

Then I repeat 1-3!

Yes, Lisa, we had to cancel Thursday. DH has been battling c.diff disease, which is a bad bugger of a bacterial infection in the intestines. Dr. said on Thurs. he would not reccomend us to travel. He is on 2nd anti-biotic, sure hope it works. I was so looking forward to meeting and spending time with Heather. I think we would have really clicked together...but....there will be other times and Randy does feel rotten from c. diff and having to cancel.

The worst depression is when you have to cancel 2 days before you leave.:( You have cruise clothes and etc. everywhere that keep reminding you that you are not going....but there will be other cruises.....I just hope soon....

Blue Eyes, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! My family is booked for the Dec 6th Noordam sailing, in a PH Suite and got a call from my sister this morning with bad news. My Mom (this PH was a surprise for her), is being put into the hospital for intravenous antibiotics to treat Cellulitus! My Mom fell on the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen last week and we all thought she was going to be ok. Her leg is so swollen and painful that the Doc said she needed to be put in right away if there is any chance that she can travel on the cruise in 3 days!!!

I have travel insurance and was told I have until 3pm on Tuesday to cancel. Sad to say we will NEVER be able to rebook the PH Suite since I looked into future bookings and they are $4,000 to $8,000 more than we paid!!! What is that about???? DH took out some savings to make this happen for my Family!! This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY and we are on the fence right now.

I am so sick to my stomach looking at the bags packed by the door. My family had 11 deaths this year and we just wanted someone NICE for my Mom's Birthday and My Birthday............My Mom is my first priority and I just want her to be OK. What will be will be I guess!

Hope your Husband is feeling better. I know too well about what your husband has. YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL TOO!! I'm sure you know this but just be safe. Hope you will be sailing again real soon!!

Kind Regards,

Marisa

Oh Marisa! That is terrible! Maybe after the IV gets going she can switch to oral and still cruise??? If not, can you cruise without her and plan another vacation for just the two of you later?

That is a terrible story- I've got my fingers crossed for you all!

Oh Marisa! That is terrible! Maybe after the IV gets going she can switch to oral and still cruise??? If not, can you cruise without her and plan another vacation for just the two of you later?

That is a terrible story- I've got my fingers crossed for you all!

Thanks Carla......I am praying that is what they can do for her! I could NEVER go on this cruise without her since I could NEVER leave her alone in the hospital. I failed to mention that my sister and her fam are on the cruise as well in a VA cabin. With all the deaths this year (my dad, mom's brother, mom's mother....just to name a few) THERE is NO ONE LEFT to stay with her. It's my sister and myself and that's it.

I have a question for you. Have you ever heard of someone getting IV treatments on HAL? My Mom's doctor said that she gave permission to another patient and was able to get the IV while cruising by the ship doctor? The doctor on land supplied the Doc on the ship with the IV needed. Believe me, my Mom's Doc is on our side and is trying to do everything she can to let her go since she KNOWS WE ALL NEED THIS VACATION!

I have no idea... but my ex husband and best friend both had really bad staph infections in the last two years and had to go on IV antibiotics. XDH stayed in the hospital for three days, BFF for one night. Both went home with oral meds. The problem is that XDH had big time pain at the site of the infection... his knee. It was red and swollen and he was supposed to stay off of it for a week (not).

:D Carla......Oh Carla :) It is the morning of our cruise departure, I have not slept in over 24hrs....and who cares because WE ARE GOING!!!

Broke Mom out of the Hospital late last night, rented her a wheelchair and have rules to follow from Doc with TONS of Meds. Hey it's ok.....just have to make sure she keeps that leg up!!! LOL

Thanks for the well wishes.....still packing!! So MANY bags!!

Will let you know how we made out on the Ms. Noordam when we return!!!

:D Carla......Oh Carla :) It is the morning of our cruise departure, I have not slept in over 24hrs....and who cares because WE ARE GOING!!!

Broke Mom out of the Hospital late last night, rented her a wheelchair and have rules to follow from Doc with TONS of Meds. Hey it's ok.....just have to make sure she keeps that leg up!!! LOL

Thanks for the well wishes.....still packing!! So MANY bags!!

Will let you know how we made out on the Ms. Noordam when we return!!!

YAY!!!! HAVE FUN!! BON VOYAGE!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Archived