The LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the MS Noordam Up To Alaska Thread

LAFFNVEGAS

Well not quite on the MS Noordam yet, but the journey has started:) We are now sitting at gate D18 waiting to board our Alaska Air flight to Seattle. The ride to the airport was thankfully uneventful especially since we were taking "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" which translates to our son Andy being our taxi;) Of course Mom keeps noticing that his gas tank is sitting on empty, but he is confident we are fine and he will get gas later today.

It is a very bright sunny warm morning here in Las Vegas and with temps having been in the 110 range in recent days it will feel good to cool down for a few.

It is getting close to boarding time so signing off....

I will report today's events this evening;)

We are so excited for you! We are leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait. Please let us know how your embarkation works out...we just posted a question about that. Also, let everyone know what you are planning to do in Seattle overnight...restaurants, sights, etc. We will be checking back regularly.

Thanks,

Duet

Hello Lisa,

I am looking forward to reading about your Alaskan adventure once again. Last year, when you were on the Ryndam, I had only just discovered these boards and we were thinking of booking our very first cruise. We were undecided as to which line, itinerary etc. In the end it was largely thanks to you that we booked an 'S' suite (009) on the Ryndam as soon as bookings opened at the beginning of June. Can't believe that's now a year ago! We fly (from UK) in two weeks time to Vancouver. After a week with staying with friends there and in Nanaimo we are cruising northbound on the Ryndam on 8th July. Our month long trip also involves 3 flights, 3 car hires and 12 different accommodations (hotels and b&bs) in Vancouver and Alaska! It promises to be quite a trip! As suite guests we were offered a free stay at the Fairmont Waterfront the night before the cruise which, of course, we gladly accepted!

Have a wonderful time in Alaska - your enthusiasm is catching! icon7.gif

Tom and Lisa, I always love reading your cruise reports! Have a very wonderful and relaxing cruise in beautiful Alaska:) I am so jealous, I would give anything to be with you right now, it is in the high 80's here and very humid! Have fun:D

Linda

FINALLY!:D I know you thought it would never get here. Can't wait to hear how you love the Fairfield and I'm sure you'll be one of the very first onboard tomorrow! Have a fabulous time and tell Lezli, the party planner, and Drew I said "Hi"

Looking forward to hearing every detail from you.

Nathan

Just got a call from Lisa. Not only are in they (Tom & Lisa) in Seattle, they are on Oosterdam, meeting and having lunch with James Deering. Their flight from Vegas-Seattle was uneventful

She told me that they will be participating in today's "wave from the Oosterdam" courtesy of Seattle's 'wave photographer' Wendy (great job, Wendy). Besides that, they're looking forward to a great cruise on Noordam! Have fun, guys!:)

John,

Thanks for the update.....I guess lunch with Lisa and Tom today is out. Maybe Lisa will get in touch with me and I can run in early Sunday morning for coffee.

If you have contact with her again today, let her know I'm trying to catch up with her. :)

I just spoke to Lisa and they were all heading to Mr Deering's office to pick up the banner. This should be a fun Wave !

Wow--on board the Oosterdam today for lunch and sailing tomorrow on the Noordam--that's really a great weekend!!!!:D

Peggy,

Same message...........if you talk to Lisa again, let her know I am trying to catch up with her. Looks like coffee Sunday morning before they head to the Noordam if possible.

I did send her an email so maybe she will check that later today when she stops and takes a deep breath.

What a fun day it has been already. Our flight to Seattle was extremely smooth and went by so quickly. I sure do love those non-stop flights. We arrived right on time in Seattle. All of our luggage came down to baggage area quickly and the bag with the champagne had nothing dripping from it which is always a good sign:D We then went over to the ground transportation and just grabbed a taxi, it was quick and painless. The cost for those who need to know was $35 plus a tip. We arrived at the Fairmont by 10:30. We knew our room would not be ready but we pre checked in and they secured out luggage. We then grabbed a taxi to head over to pier 30. It was so good to see the Oosterdam again. She looks great, I could see where they had done several changes in repairs since March. She looks brand new. The new azipod is running so good that they have decided to keep it on her for now and have added another week to the Alaska season before the repo cruises, so she will not be going back into Dry Dock at least not this season. We were on board the ship by 11:10 and it was fun walking around before the passengers were on board.

We had a wonderful lunch with Mr. Deering, we were able to eat in the lower level of the Vista Dining Room. They now have this open for embarkation lunch as well as the Lido during the Alaska season. It was excellent and very relaxing.

Before we knew it, it was time for the Banner Wave. They had a great turn out and so fortunate that it was not raining.

Shortly after 3 Wendy returned us to the Olympic Fairmont and we were able to check in. The room is nice and the hotel is gorgeous. We had wanted to dine this evening at The Georgian but the earlist reservation we could get was 8:30 and since we have been up since 3:30 this morning we did not want to dine that late so we now have 6:00 reservations for Shuckers. Shuckers is a seafood restaurant and since I love seafood it should be good.

After spending time on the Oosterdam I am now more than ready to get on board the Noordam. It just gave me a taste of how great this next week will be:D

Wow....sounds like the perfect start to your cruise! So very cool that you got to visit "your" Oosterdam :D

Have a great cruise and I'm looking forward to reading your take on the Noordam and Alaska!

Archived