Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

So Raylene and I watched the "Today" show after our walk. The new black Lab pup is too, too cute! The nonprofit this time serves veterans with disabilities. They featured one woman who was deafened by a head injury and now has a Hearing Dog. I loved seeing what HDs do explained and demonstrated on TV.

The pup will be named again by audience vote - either Ace, Charlie, or Sarge.

The sponsor is PetSmart, which donated $25,000 to the nonprofit.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

We have the same size balcony on our Panama cruise - let's see how good my powers of persuasion are!

Dianne

Last cruise we had an inside for the first time. They hotel manager tried to get us switched to a balcony so we can put the box out there. So this time I don't expect any problem getting it put on the balcony. Crossing our fingers.

So Raylene and I watched the "Today" show after our walk. The new black Lab pup is too, too cute! The nonprofit this time serves veterans with disabilities. They featured one woman who was deafened by a head injury and now has a Hearing Dog. I loved seeing what HDs do explained and demonstrated on TV.

Just watched it! What a cutie! Voting for Charlie.

PetSmart is so good to CCI. Then again, so is Petco. I get Horton's nails done [in between grooming appts.] at Petco and this is where I buy his Eukanuba. I'm very lucky to live very close to both of them and a Kahootz [where I buy his artificial turf.] Gotta spread the money around.

Last cruise we had an inside for the first time. They hotel manager tried to get us switched to a balcony so we can put the box out there. So this time I don't expect any problem getting it put on the balcony. Crossing our fingers.

It's taken the cruise industry forever to realize how much easier and convenient it is for us to have the potty box placed on our own private balcony.

It does mean that our Steward will have the job of making sure that it is maintained. But that's what extra tips are for. And, we who walk or wheel with an SD are very responsible about making sure that everything is kept clean and picked-up anyway.

If the ship uses the appropriate filler for the box there will be NO tracking of it on the deck or in the room. I'm going to continue to bring artificial turf to cover what ever they use, so I won't be faced with extra work caused by them.

The Today show on NBC debuts a new "puppy with a purpose" this morning - looks like a little black Lab, so I'm recording it.

(Because there's another black Lab - She Who Cannot Be Denied - whose purpose this morning is to be taken on her 7:15 walk.)

I love that the public is made more aware of our dogs and all that they can do!

Do you know what you get when you breed a dog with a dragon? That is what I did and I got a fire breathing dog ...

fire%20breathing%20dog_zpsvdjrkbpo.jpg

This works out great on camping trips. The dog barks and the campfire is going. Just have to make sure the dog is facing the right way before barking.

Do you know what you get when you breed a dog with a dragon? That is what I did and I got a fire breathing dog ...

fire%20breathing%20dog_zpsvdjrkbpo.jpg

This works out great on camping trips. The dog barks and the campfire is going. Just have to make sure the dog is facing the right way before barking.

That's some special skill!!!

Another vote for Charlie! So cute! We went to a CCI event on Saturday and I got to hold Henri's half-brother Commander (10 weeks old). Here is a picture - Henri is in the middle with Commander attached to her leash to keep him in the picture. She is very patient with the puppies. She is also great at playing doggie tic-tac-toe.

Dianne

IMG_4340_zps9gnbp56k.jpg

Another vote for Charlie! So cute! We went to a CCI event on Saturday and I got to hold Henri's half-brother Commander (10 weeks old). Here is a picture - Henri is in the middle with Commander attached to her leash to keep him in the picture. She is very patient with the puppies. She is also great at playing doggie tic-tac-toe.

Dianne

IMG_4340_zps9gnbp56k.jpg

Dianne, I love this picture. And, I love how Henri is sucking on her tongue. They never get too old to do this!

Commander is making that big Labrador yawn that goes with, "I'm so overwhelmed by all these big guys!"

I love the name Charlie too!

Dianne

IMG_4340_zps9gnbp56k.jpg

How adorable!!!

I was voting for Charlie. He is so cute! But I wonder why CCI hasn't tried to get one of their dogs on the Today show. Especially since they are based in NY.

Well we are back from an epic Alaska cruise! Once again Orson was the hit of the trip. He has alot of new fans. I'm in the process of playing catch-up at work but if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. We did find out that Disney has a Service Dog relief area on deck 4. It is in a very nice cover area. We had our own on our balcony.

Mornin' all:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or mentioned it, but when I was signing in this morning, I glanced over at "views" for this thread, over 1,200,000! Is that not pawsome? Thank you Auntie Roz for starting this heart rendering thread. We have been through everything, some more than once, some happy. some sad, but always special to me. Only allowed 6 images per post!

:):(:mad::p:D:o