Webcam on Half Moon

KellyJ

I think it would be great if HAL had a webcam on Half Moon Cay. Even if there were no ships there, we would still have the beautiful island to look at.

Anyone know if that is in the works-or is it not allowed because it is a "private" island so what happens on HMC stays on HMC?

KellyJ

Great idea Kelly. But HAL doesn't even do ship webcams so I suspect one for HMC isn't in the works although itlikely would be cheaper than satellite service on a moving ship. Also Carnival uses HMC and that might complicate things a bit.

That would be a great investment.

If that didn't get people to book cruises, I don't know what would. :)

Imagine a raging blizzard in Boston or New York..... and a web cam showing HMC on a bright sunny day. I"M ON THE PHONE to TA immeidately!!!

Dear Posters,

Odd Ball, You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just curious, what would spend the money on? It is probably silly, but I was just wondering if anyone else would want a cam on HMC too? For me part of the anticipation of the trip is visualizing the ship and where she is.

My countdown clock is at less than 500 days for my next cruise on the Westerdam (we booked June 29 for a 12/14/2008 cruise) and I am counting the days until she is in the Caribbean (she starts transatlantic on Oct. 15) and I can see her on screen...Yes, I am cruise addicted.

I'm with sail7seas. I do think in the cost/revenue sceme of things the webcam may generate more income because more people may want to book with HAL because you can see the island, and that revenue may be transferred onto the ship.

How much does a webcam cost anyway? I am sure the island is connected via sattelite anyway. It would have to be, wouldn't it? I just wish I could see HMC whenever I wanted. Just my opinion too.

Since Carnival Corp is the parent company of HAL-I can't see why they would object to the webcam on HMC. I wish all of the ships had webcams. We booked on the Caribbean Princess 14 months before our first cruise and I watched her every day via the web. It is a sickness I know.

I with Lynne and May 4 too... OOHMMMM......I can just picture the palm trees, the breeze, the water and the beautiful HAL ship(s).

KellyJ

Has anyone looked at some of the web cams on other cruise lines? It's creepy that I can watch passengers while they are on vacation. I feel like it's an invasion of privacy. I don't want to have to worry that I am going to show up with seaweed in my hair and my gut not sucked in, on youtube.com, one night.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
Again, dredging up a very old post.... I was hoping there was a webcam so I could see if Hurricane Joaquin is wreaking havoc on my favorite Bahamian island. We'll be there soon on our cruise. Stay beautiful, Half Moon Cay!

I'm curious what you put in the CC search window to pull up this very old thread. :)

Has anyone looked at some of the web cams on other cruise lines? It's creepy that I can watch passengers while they are on vacation. I feel like it's an invasion of privacy. I don't want to have to worry that I am going to show up with seaweed in my hair and my gut not sucked in, on youtube.com, one night.

AGREE!!!!!

There is no privacy in life anymore with all the cameras everywhere.

I am going to be blunt so please do not take offense. This is only an opinion.

I see it as a waste of money. I much rather see Hal invest the money by improving something on the ship than spend it on web cams.

Webcams are about $99 a pop.

Edit: Oh this thread is ancient. n/m.

Edited by sppunk

I don't really know what it would take to make it a reality, but the chance to look at views of Half Moon Cay once in awhile sounds very zen!

Oohhmmmmm........:p

Record some video of HMC when you visit and you can relive it every day! :)

AGREE!!!!!

There is no privacy in life anymore with all the cameras everywhere.

Amen!!! If you want video of HMC, you can take one the next time you're there but please respect my right to a little privacy when I'm on vacation. Thank you.

Amen!!! If you want video of HMC, you can take one the next time you're there but please respect my right to a little privacy when I'm on vacation. Thank you.

Well, I do think that a webcam of a private area of the island wouldn't be intrusive. It's actually a good size island that has lots of areas that aren't frequented by passengers. I'd just love to see some beautiful scenery. There's something more appealing about a live webcam feed than repeatedly watching the same video I've taken. :)