HAL Cheerleaders UNITE! (fun post)

InTheWASide

Sorry Copper John.... I think I will have to get rid of the UCLA cheerleader soon!

My brother Richard logged in from his Westerdam cruise and sent me an IM horrified saying....

WHO IS THE BIMBO IN YOUR POSTS? :eek:

LOL...I guess I better start shopping for a new cheerleader avatar! :p

Good choice Christine! Very cute! :)

Wow, for fun loving people you can be pretty mean.:(

I have no problem with you having fun, and if you want to all have cheerleader avatars that is all good, too. However, my real confusion is about why this has been allowed to exist in this forum. Why are some fun things like this allowed to be in this forum and not the floataway lounge just strikes me as amazingly inconsitent.

Have fun.:rolleyes: Of course to me this threads seems to be making fun on anyone who might be critical of HAL, and that seems to be anti-fun to me. I was very happy with our HAL cruise in late 2005, and I think it is a very good product, but I don't see the point of making fun of those with critical points of view, but I guess maybe someday I will throw kindness and logic out the window and just be silly so that I can be accepted into the popular clique. I think I will put my Wicked Soundtrack in the CD player and listen to Glenda the good witch singing POPULAR.:D

jc

;)

Yes... you guessed it John! I do need some help with this! I sent you an email.

Thanks again,:rolleyes:

Teri

And yes... I am blonde!?:eek:

I just sent you an email.

One of my daughters is a blonde, so I have to help y'all.

(Actually, when it comes to computers, sometimes she has to help me.) :D

I just sent you an email.

One of my daughters is a blonde, so I have to help y'all.

(Actually, when it comes to computers, sometimes she has to help me.)

YIPEEE! YIPPEEE! I did it! With YOUR HELP, thanks so much John!:D

Well y'all know, we blondes MUST stick together!:p

Copper, I love a great blonde joke, it's the corny over run blonde jokes I loth!:eek: Yours was a great joke!

THANK YOU!

Teri

I have no problem with you having fun, and if you want to all have cheerleader avatars that is all good, too. However, my real confusion is about why this has been allowed to exist in this forum. Why are some fun things like this allowed to be in this forum and not the floataway lounge just strikes me as amazingly inconsitent.

Have fun.:rolleyes: Of course to me this threads seems to be making fun on anyone who might be critical of HAL, and that seems to be anti-fun to me. I was very happy with our HAL cruise in late 2005, and I think it is a very good product, but I don't see the point of making fun of those with critical points of view, but I guess maybe someday I will throw kindness and logic out the window and just be silly so that I can be accepted into the popular clique. I think I will put my Wicked Soundtrack in the CD player and listen to Glenda the good witch singing POPULAR.:D

jc

jc, I am sorry you feel the way you do but you have to understand just a few things that have been happening from our point of view. 1. the reason it is not in the Floataway Lounge is because it is about Holland America no other cruise line. This is a Holland America Board. 2. In recent weeks or even months those that have supported HAL have felt like the Underdog and being criticized for supporting Holland America and that too is not good. There will always be two side of the fence and I personally felt like those that support HAL have been critized for being HAL Fans. Many were accused of being HAL Cheerleaders, we were made fun of, talked about that we were out of the room and comments were made that HAL would not support those who support them. Well I for one feel HAL has supported me, many on the ship have gone out of their way to do things for me and it is a pleasure to return to a ship where I know so many crew. That is why I admit after feeling hurt and misunderstood myself that the only way to show how I feel without starting a big arguement was to change my avatar to being a Cheerleader. YES, I am Proud to say I support Holland America. Several others also understood and felt the same way I did and also wanted to join in with the support and for that I thank them. This has turned into a very FUN thread for anyone and everyone that loves Holland America. I have enjoyed not having to read complaining about AYW Dining, Wait Lists, Dress Codes and kids. It is a pleasure to just have FUN and be comical about a cruiseline we all like. You too would not have continued to visit this board if you had not enjoyed your HAL cruise. All I can say is I am sorry we offended you and if it does offend than do not read it. But you have to understand your post was also somewhat threatening and offending. As I said there are always two side and mine is to support Holland America because they have always provided me with a wonderful vacation where I have made many good friends that yes do take care of me.

I will throw kindness and logic out the window and just be silly so that I can be accepted into the popular clique.

jc

jc -

It's all in fun. Sorry it didn't come across that way. Lisa summed it up pretty well. Sometimes I feel as though others want me to feel guilty for supporting and (gasp!) liking HAL.

Each person has their own reasons for cruising on HAL. I agree that it is a good, decent value for the money - and frankly, it's where I want to be. For now. That may change, who knows?

But... if I'm going to be labeled a "HAL cheerleader" who got a great big 'ol dose of their Kool-Aid; I guess I might as well act that way. ;)

YIPEEE! YIPPEEE! I did it! With YOUR HELP, thanks so much John!:D

Well y'all know, we blondes MUST stick together!:p

Copper, I love a great blonde joke, it's the corny over run blonde jokes I loth!:eek: Yours was a great joke!

THANK YOU!

Teri

You HAL thing, you.

Me feeling sad and left out............. boo hoo, I tried to make a Kiwi cheerleader, not smart enuf, not clever, feel like a dumb blonde, but hey when I get on the GP guess I chat up captain and see if I can get to save 5600 lives :D

Oh well I really do have my mind on how many more sleeps................

I don't mean to be a party pooper. BUT.... why isn't this in the floataway lounge where it clearly belongs and why has it been allowed to stay here for so long? Things that drive people nuts while they go Hmmmm.....

BTW, most people associate cheerleaders as those who blindly root for their cruiseline no matter what things the cruiseline may do that are not honorable or right.

I would think that being a cheerleader is admitting that you are not balanced nor open minded.

jc

:confused:

jc

I just cannot help but throw my two cents in here!

Am I reading this right??? You are accusing people in this forum of being mean??? Have you gone back and read your first post??? Accusing us of being "not balanced" "nor open minded". And now somehow WE are mean?????

We are all just minding our own business having fun within a group of HAL cruisers that not only enjoy the cruiseline but enjoy the friendly banter amongst friends that we have created in this forum...which is strictly a positive thing!

And don't say you have no problem with us having fun! You obviously have a major problem with it...as you said you don't understand why a "fun" thing like this is allowed to exist in this forum!!! And I don't know what you are referring to when you say we are making fun of those with a critical point view! I haven't seen anyone in here make fun of anyone other than us making fun of our own selves in good fun!

I am still beyond amazed that you would come in here with all this criticizm and then comment about someday throwing logic and kindness out the window and just be silly in order to be accepted! Do you honestly feel that either of your posts show any sign of logic or kindness????? I am thoroughly baffled!!!!:eek:

I literally went to the Community Guidelines to review what it says. One line that struck me was..."Please use good judgement in posting any message and ask yourself if your post adds to the community in a positive way." So I was thinking how we have all been having fun enjoying each others posts in this thread of HAL cruisers which would be viewed as adding to this community in a positive way.

Then you come along and try to squash all this fun with your NEGATIVE post. I came accross the following from the Community Guidelines...."Postings that have been placed on the boards to disrupt the flow of conversation or otherwise disrupt Cruise Critic members' enjoyment of the Community will be removed and you run the risk of losing your posting privileges." So I am wondering why your posts have been allowed in this forum since they have clearly disrupted our flow of conversation and fun!

Ok I quite before my aggravation becomes a novel!

God forbid I go back to having fun!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Val, I am excited for you:) Not only to you get to go on a cruise but you get to see your son right? I don't envy you with that very long flight but you will have a relaxing beautiful cruise. I can't wait to hear all about it. Exactly how long will you be gone total? I am thinking you will not be back home before we leave in 4 weeks.

I just cannot help but throw my two cents in here!

Am I reading this right??? You are accusing people in this forum of being mean??? Have you gone back and read your first post??? Accusing us of being "not balanced" "nor open minded". And now somehow WE are mean?????

I think he was just jerking our chain a bit, hoping to provoke exactly your kind of response. And that, in a way, is joining in the banter by doing a bit of needling. After all, on the post where he said we were "mean" the first "Post Icon" is the big :D .

I think he was just jerking our chain a bit, hoping to provoke exactly your kind of response. And that, in a way, is joining in the banter by doing a bit of needling. After all, on the post where he said we were "mean" the first "Post Icon" is the big :D .

jtl...Perhaps you are right. But the icon after he said we were "mean" was a big frown!:(

And sorry that I allowed him to provoke me into "my kind' of response. But I just had to speak my peace because it's the principal of the matter. We are all just having a good time and I don't see the point in coming in and trying to turn it all into a downer! This post had me laughing many times and how can that be a bad thing?

Val, I am excited for you:) Not only to you get to go on a cruise but you get to see your son right? I don't envy you with that very long flight but you will have a relaxing beautiful cruise. I can't wait to hear all about it. Exactly how long will you be gone total? I am thinking you will not be back home before we leave in 4 weeks.

Lisa, thanks for your message, I too am excited for you as you are going to the ship that carries by bestest friend. She said she would love to meet you also and will email me closer to your sailing date when she knows where she will be. She has also sent me her mailing address so I can mail to her when I get up there. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

We leave NZ on the 29th, arriving in SFO on the lunch time of the 29th, but it will be 0.12, I hope on the 30th by the time we get to DC, these time changes by air are quite devastating, much sooner be on a ship :D

We do not return to NZ, leaving DC late afternoon on the 7 October, I am hoping when we get to LAX I might just be lucky enuf to meet a gun slinging copper :eek: If you are interested I can send you our itinerary ? Also Chris, bless him has bought his Mum a cell phone for 10 bucks, but he says I will have to pay 0.25c to receive calls grrr. so I can also send numb er if you like :D

Still need to get me a kiwi cheerleader avator :confused: lol

Val

Xpcdoojk, awesome! Great example of the proverbial pot calling the kettle black!

"I would think that being a cheerleader is admitting that you are not balanced nor open minded"

We're being "mean" to you? You're kidding, want a hankie? Don't be a such a drama queen!

If someone goes out on a HAL cruise, had a good...... scratch that, a great time, without letting certain "things" bother them and comes back here and tells about it, that person is being labelled a HAL cheerleader by some. Give me a break! Believe me, there's a difference between being a HAL fan and blind loyalty!

If the hosts on this board feel this thread does not belong here, it'll be moved, trust me! And if it does, no biggie! The sun will still rise manana.

Lisa you explained it all so well :)

Even *I* was called a HAL cheerleader once on another board (why I don't know, since I wasn't being UNBALANCED or UNFAIR....I was responding to a certain poster whose whole review was entirely biased and had absolutely nothing good to say ....you may remember which one ;) ) and I've only been reading these boards for a couple months!!! :eek:

So, when you explained it in the way you did, how "cheerleader" has been used in a derogatory way against some of us, you summed it all up in a nutshell. We're "embracing" the term, making it our own, and having a little fun in the process. What's the harm? ;)

Lisa you explained it all so well

Even *I* was called a HAL cheerleader once on another board (why I don't know, since I wasn't being UNBALANCED or UNFAIR....I was responding to a certain poster whose whole review was entirely biased and had absolutely nothing good to say ....you may remember which one ) and I've only been reading these boards for a couple months!!! :eek:

So, when you explained it in the way you did, how "cheerleader" has been used in a derogatory way against some of us, you summed it all up in a nutshell. We're "embracing" the term, making it our own, and having a little fun in the process. What's the harm? ;)

Quite honestly if you want (and you probably DO NOT) MHO, I think you are all a little bit NUTS :p

But then I have ben unbalanced all my life :eek:

All I really want is a Kiwi avator :D

Quite honestly if you want (and you probably DO NOT) MHO, I think you are all a little bit NUTS :p

But then I have ben unbalanced all my life :eek:

All I really want is a Kiwi avator :D

Hey Val-

As I learned in law, full disclosure is important. That is why I chose the name 'loca" (crazy in Spanish) lady, just so no one says I didn't warn them!!;) :D

P.S. BTW, do you mean a Kiwi as in person or in fruit???

You HAL thing, you.

Hammybee... I LIKE IT!! HAL Thing!!

YOU GO LISA! Well said... now let's carry on the fun in spite of it all!

All of my friends here welcomed me aboard the "squad" even though my next 2 cruises are with other lines. I would have gone with HAL had the same itinerary been available.

I agree with Lisa, I have met many friends sailing around on those HAL DAM ships, who have busted their humps to give me great service!

So even though I have been and will continue to go (if HAL does not have the same itinerary) on other lines.

I say... RAH RAH RAH HAL!!!:D :D :D

I someday want to cruise onboard the LISADAM!!!!!

Do you think if I hang around long enough, there will be a

WILD HAL DAM???

It is great to chat with such fun caring people! Thanks again John for the GREAT NEW AV!!

Teri:D

Archived