Playing 'Hide the Conquest'...

*Mach*

Good question... It probably isn't bilge water as they can't dump that in port. I'll see if I can find anything. If anyone else has a clue I'd love to hear it!

If they dropped the anchor and it held, it probably is caked with dirt. The water possibly is coming from hosing down the chain & anchor before securing it on deck. That's my story & i'm sticking to it!!!

If they dropped the anchor and it held, it probably is caked with dirt. The water possibly is coming from hosing down the chain & anchor before securing it on deck. That's my story & i'm sticking to it!!!

Sounds good to me! Pretty much the only explaination that would make sense!

Congrats!

:D

Reading through this thread, I found that the first mention of the water coming from the anchor compartment was over an hour ago. Looking at the current webcam, I see that there is still a steady flow of water from there. I wouldn't think it would take over an hour to wash the chain, would it? I'm very curious about this. BTW, I LOVE that ship!!!!! She looks like "home" to me....and we don't even have one booked on her. Gotta fix that.....

I'll go with that idea also sense Mach signed off on it. :D

Geez... the LAST thing you want to do is sign off on anything I say! For all you know I could be a crazed killer masquerading as CC host or perhaps just plain old crazed !!

;)

Reading through this thread, I found that the first mention of the water coming from the anchor compartment was over an hour ago. Looking at the current webcam, I see that there is still a steady flow of water from there. I wouldn't think it would take over an hour to wash the chain, would it? I'm very curious about this. BTW, I LOVE that ship!!!!! She looks like "home" to me....and we don't even have one booked on her. Gotta fix that.....

Since I'm sure that they are using sea water they won't be running out any time soon. That being said, I had noticed the same thing.

I love the Conquest, also and she is like home. I'll never forget being greeted by Bagus, my waiter, upon arriving in the Monet dining room. As he pulled the chair out for me he said 'Welcome home.' That did it. I was hooked.

I love the Conquest, also and she is like home. I'll never forget being greeted by Bagus, my waiter, upon arriving in the Monet dining room. As he pulled the chair out for me he said 'Welcome home.' That did it. I was hooked.

The Conquest was my first ship and first cruise - she is to which other cruises get compared and while wonderful times have followed her on other ships, there is nothing like that first time and first ship. We sail her sister Glory next summer and I can't wait! :)

Someone shut off the faucet and hauled the anchor aboard!

We get to see the Conquest set sail in the dark! TOO COOL!!!

OMG!!! You mean we get to sit and sit and sit, doing nothing but waiting for the ship to LEAVE?? I have wasted my whole day...:D :D Actually, I think the Dallas Cowboys heard about the Conquest being late getting in, and it shook them up so much they can't play and are about to LOSE!!:mad: :p :eek:

Conquest was our first Carnival cruise. Im ashamed to say we didnt even think of booking her because of all the bad things we heard about Carnival. Boy were we stupid! We loved the Conquest and Carnival and will be going on our 3rd Carnival cruise in May on Destiny. I thought the food was better on Carnival. We also will be in corner aft balcony for the 3rd time. Im also thinking of trying the Ectasy for a quickie before our May trip.

Conquest was our first Carnival cruise. Im ashamed to say we didnt even think of booking her because of all the bad things we heard about Carnival. Boy were we stupid! We loved the Conquest and Carnival and will be going on our 3rd Carnival cruise in May on Destiny. I thought the food was better on Carnival. We also will be in corner aft balcony for the 3rd time. Im also thinking of trying the Ectasy for a quickie before our May trip.

Ya' know, I'm sure that a great deal of that is due to the images forced into the minds of people by the negative comments from folks who sail other lines.

We've all heard the stories about CDs on certain other cruise lines openly bashing Carnival. Perception becomes reality and thus many people believe that Carnival is populated by drunks and swingers.

That's OK... the ships are full enough without the rest of the world learning our secret!!!

Geez... the LAST thing you want to do is sign off on anything I say! For all you know I could be a crazed killer masquerading as CC host or perhaps just plain old crazed !!

;)

Host Mach

Well, if you are there's lots of us in big trouble on here.:D

Looking at the Harbor House cam I can see that the fog is starting to roll back in. Visibility is currently 3 miles. Scholes Field is currently calling the restriction to vis 'haze'...

You wanna see a bunch of ticked off folks? What if the Conquest can't sail this evening due to fog??? Wow... I wouldn't want to be around if that happens!

Looking at the Harbor House cam I can see that the fog is starting to roll back in. Visibility is currently 3 miles. Scholes Field is currently calling the restriction to vis 'haze'...

You wanna see a bunch of ticked off folks? What if the Conquest can't sail this evening due to fog??? Wow... I wouldn't want to be around if that happens!

I just noticed the same thing,,,,,,,,uh oh,,,,,,,,,,,,glad I'm not in that mess, getting off or getting on. :)

I would still rather be on her now then siting here watching her from this web cam. Even if she does get a late start.

Question to you web cam watchers. I too am addicted to it. But I read here that there are other webcams???? Must have just one more. I must have it. I'm sure I won't need another cam, just one more...:D:rolleyes:

Also. I thought the Ecstasy docks there on Sat. where the Conquest is now. I watched all day yesterday and she never came. I called Carnival and they said she was docked. Is there a cam for me to watch Ecstasy. I am on her this coming sat.

Thanks to the other addicts out there. We must have a name for our addiction group....."Webbers" Or "Web atticts"? Any ideas? Since we don't have a cure for this addiction. Or maybe "webcam groupies".....hmmmm:rolleyes::confused:

WOW!! Just checked out the webcam again and it looks as bad as it was this morning!! Will the ship have to sit there all night if the fog stays that bad? You know, if i were on this cruise and we DID have to sit and wait out the fog, at least I would be on the ship, not having to cook, or clean, or anything! I would just go about having my fun and just pretend that the ship was already sailing! :D

[quote name='SheriNtexas']Actually, I think the Dallas Cowboys heard about the Conquest being late getting in, and it shook them up so much they can't play and are about to LOSE!!:mad: :p :eek:[/quote]

[quote name='Havinsnest']They were just trying to make it exciting for us.[/quote]

Sure did! How 'bout those COWBOYS?

Hopefully they didn't have to use the anchor in an emergency situation. I bet we get a thread from someone soon who was on board.

Hopefully those now boarding will be able to get out. If not, hello Progreso.

Archived