Packing from Boards...LOL... top 10

pd52

from actual posts seen on this board...

- razor scooters for the kids, to keep them entertained

I razor scooter??!! I travel with 2 kids as well. I can't see me letting my 2 DS ride around the ship on their scooters! :eek:

Sorry.

Don't forget to pack your padded seat cushions for your lounge chairs since they have removed the flammable materials from the balconies. You might as well be comfortable when you're on the balcony.

Forget the case of beer - just pack a keg.

As for the Nintendo or Playstations - there were teenagers on a cruise a couple of years ago that did bring a suitcase packed with their game console, wireless controllers, and plenty of games. Just in case there weren't a lot of kids in the teen center to hang out with.

Ooooh, also bringing IV bag so that I dont have to get up from the lounge chair to get a drink. :p

If you're going to do this then don't forget bring your cathedar (sp?) so you don't have to get up to pee!

This is hilarious...I remember my first cruise and all the "must haves" that I packed. Boy was I mad when I didn't even use 25% of all that junk that I purchased and brought on board. Talk about wasted space.

Looking back I still can't believe I packed all that junk. ROTFLOL!!!

Well, since we first started this thread, We have now cancelled our flight tickets....

I have rented a U-Haul Truck and I "Think" we should be able to get everything packed for this weekends cruise.

We will need to leave earlier since we will be driving from Va.

We have also had to up grade our standard balcony to the owners suite. The captain has told us that he has some extra room for overflow if needed. He said the goat and dog were

"iffy" as to getting on the ship, but if they have passports, they should be OK. They plan to meet us with a forklift for embarkation and work around loading the food and supplies.

We have also up graded to a standard size pool since we have room on the truck. The captain said it will take a while to fill, but, as long as he can take a dip, who cares.

We told him we would leave the recliner for him after the cruise. He was very appreciative......I think this made the goat and dog OK

It's been fun seeing some of the things people bring that may be funny to us, but, obviously important to others.

Happy sailing (and packing) to all.........

Gosh, I was double checking my list today in preparation for a Thursday departure, and a week long cruise to the Mex Riv.

We were going to fly to San Diego, but with the baggage restrictions, we are going to have to pay a fortune for excess baggage. Luckily, we have located an inflatable recliner, and the necessary inflatable persons to save our poolside loungers, but the balconies on the Dawn are too darn small for a pool, let alone loungers. :D

Now, we just have to pack carefully so none of the 25 pairs of shoes pierces the inflatables, and our ketchup, wine, Jack Daniels, and chocolate are not damaged in transit, causing irreparable harm to all our evening attire!:eek:

Have to run out and get some reserved signs made! And more tape to keep them in place......:o

Has anyone mentioned sticky notes so that you can leave instructions for your cabin steward? Also, you'll want a fistful of notecards so that you can say "thank you" to all the crew members who were at your beck and call. Then there's the $300 in dollar bills to tip everyone who smiles at you.

Does anyone know if they make the masks you wear for allergies that are tan thru? You know, like the bathing suits you can tan thru. I think I am going to wear them during the cruise since the last cruise I was on was had the Norwalk on it. You all may want to pack some too. I am hoping I will still tan thru them while at the pool. Otherwise, I guess I will look like an Orangutan when the week is up. OOOOH, and if anyone knows where I can find some colored ones to match my formal wear.

ORANG_UTAN_BABY_-md34P51716.jpg

1. Portable ashtray so I can smoke wherever I want.

2. Plywood boards to place under mattress. Allergy mattress and pillow covers.

3. Decorations for my cabin door.

4. Scuba tanks.

5. Brita water filter pitcher.

Let's see...my top 10 (in the spirit of the OPs humor)

-Iron

-Ironing board (travel size of course)

-coffee pot (starbucks coffee!!!)

-coffee filters

-toaster

-Extension cord with mulitple outlets

-scented candles (OH MY!!!)

-30 pair of shoes :D

-30 matching handbags/purses or clutches

-Ruffled french shirt for my DH to wear with his tux on formal night!!!

Archived