Princess Cruises' Kids' Menu

merela

My children like to order a mix of adult and kids menu items- all three of them love the alphabet soup (I think it's one of the better soups available on Princess) and the fruit salad and usually try an adult entrée or appetizer and dessert- along with the chocolate milk!

This menu is a perfect addition for my grandkid's cruise binder. The binder will have a picture of the ship, their cabin number IDs, information on where we are going etc. I'm telling them at Christmas that they are going on the cruise. I'm putting together a binder and a bunch of cruise items that will be going into their carryon suitcase. The suitcase will be wrapped and under the tree for them to open together.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Before I throw this out, I thought I better post it in case someone wants to take a look at it:

ALPHABET SOUP

Pasta letters swimming in a sea of chicken broth

GARDEN SALAD

The Power Rangers flex their muscles on the greens plucked from the Princess vegetable patch

SPAGHETTI SNAKES

Slippery, slithering rattler noodles with meat balls and tomato sauce

HIGH SEAS HOT DOG

A real "Wiener"! Our plump, 100% beef hot dog is served on a bun with all the condiments, including coleslaw, potato chips or steak fries

BUCCANEER BURGER

The juiciest quarter pounder afloat. Served plain or with chesse and a big side order of French fries

CHICK-CHICK-CHICKEN FINGERS

A hands-down favorite at Princess Cruises dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing

FISH STICKS

Swords from the sea wage a winning battle with ketchup or a creamy tartar sauce and a heap of shoestring potatoes

LOVE BOAT VOLCANO

A mountain of ice cream erupting with heaps of hot fudge, sliced banana and whipped cream with a bright red cherry on top

CRUISE CHIPS

A delicious, chewy cookie packed full of rich chunks of chocolate to be scarfed down by themselves or as a sandwich with vanilla ice cream

FRUIT SALAD

The fresh, juicy colorful mix that makes Barney big, strong and happy

ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, OR A GLASS OF "MOO" (We have chocolate syrup too....)

Thank you for this..

How funny to see a post I made 11 years ago. The nephews I referred to are now freshmen in college and high school, and still enjoy an occasional chicken nugget or 12.

I enjoyed the alphabet soup (when I had a cold), the spaghetti and meatballs (they were delicious on the Pacific Princess) and frequently had the garden salad made larger and topped with chicken breast. When nothing on the regular menu is exactly right for that evening, I turn to the children's menu.

Anyone can order from either menu. I being 36 often order spaghetti and the volcano dessert from the kids menu. So far, I have not been turned down. They did laugh at me a few times when I asked for the kids menu.

Your kids can order from either menu. The kids menu doesn't change so after you see it once, you will know what is on it.

Yes. I had read on CC that adults can order from the kid's menu.

We were recently on the Star and at lunch with a "blue card". We started talking about CC and helpful handy hints. I told him about the Volcano and he wanted it!

He asked our waiter for one and the waiter stated, "that is for the kids and you are an adult". He completely refused.

I saw the head waiter later on and told him about the incident and he said he would speak to all the waiters.

So, ordering from the kids menu as an adult may not work. YMMV

I would definitely speak to the head waiter, if you ever get refused.

We were recently on the Star and at lunch with a "blue card". We started talking about CC and helpful handy hints. I told him about the Volcano and he wanted it!

He asked our waiter for one and the waiter stated, "that is for the kids and you are an adult". He completely refused.

I saw the head waiter later on and told him about the incident and he said he would speak to all the waiters.

Honestly - I have 30 plus cruises with Princess and have never been denied ordering from the kids menu. I would cruise with my Mom and she loved the spaghetti and often ordered it daily as an appetizer. I also will order chicken strips as they are breast strips and pretty darn good (not cheap chicken molded pieces). If I am not feeling well, I will order the alphabet soup. We have never been turned down. They may laugh at me but never turned down. I think you had an isolated incident. I could maybe see it for juice as they don't give adults juice but not for the other things.

It may have been a brand new waiter.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know if the chicken strips on the kids menu breaded/battered or are they just the fantastic plain chicken strips you can order with the Fettuccine Alfredo?

They are breaded which still works on Fettuccine.

Though - Princess in the past always had a chicken breast on their Always Available menu (this may have recently changed) so one could always get plain chicken on their Fettuccine or on a salad. Just ask. It would surprise me if they could not accommodate you.

I'm amazed that waiter denied you food from the children's menu! Never had that happen and we order from the children's menu a lot. Was he new to Princess? We had a terrible waiter on the Regal in December. He had come from another line but wouldn't tell us which one. One night my husband substituted the vegetable with his entree to buttered corn (which was included on a different entree that night). The waiter brought out cornbread and insisted that was buttered corn when my husband asked why he brought it. Needless to say, we asked to be moved to a better serving team on the next segment of our B2B.

By the way, our favorites on the children's menu are spaghetti and meatballs, garden salad, chicken fingers, volcano, and alphabet soup when you are looking for a chicken broth soup. Like Coral, I order it when I'm not feeling well. I haven't asked for the fruit salad before. Maybe I should.

They are breaded which still works on Fettuccine.

Though - Princess in the past always had a chicken breast on their Always Available menu (this may have recently changed) so one could always get plain chicken on their Fettuccine or on a salad. Just ask. It would surprise me if they could not accommodate you.

Thanks. We have a little person with us who is a fussy eater, so looks like we'll be going for the chicken breast which I've heard is still on the always available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
I like the kids menu.

I recommend the alphabet soup (like chicken noodle sort of) and the garden salad (just your basic salad with no exotic ingredients.) My grandchildren introduced these to me and now I order them off the kids' menu myself.

I recommend the alphabet soup (like chicken noodle sort of) and the garden salad (just your basic salad with no exotic ingredients.) My grandchildren introduced these to me and now I order them off the kids' menu myself.

On long cruises the fish sticks are a nice treat too.

My kids went on their first cruise (Caribbean Princess) when they were 4 and 8. After the first night, they realized they didn't have to order off the kids menu and there was no going back. They would order filet mignon and caesar salad for every dinner if I let them (but I tried to encourage some variety).

On their second cruise (to Alaska last August), our older daughter started to get more adventurous and tried different soups and appetizers. Most of them she didn't like, but it was a good opportunity for her to experiment.

For our upcoming cruise, she has already informed us that she doesn't want to participate in any of the kid's program dinners because "they're not gourmet -- they made me eat a hamburger!"

She has also asked if she's old enough to eat in the specialty restaurants. She was disappointed on the Infinity that she couldn't eat at the SS United States. Anybody know if there's a minimum age at Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatini's? I wouldn't take the younger kid but I'd consider taking the 10 year old, who is becoming a regular cruise addict.

--Junglejane

This describes our boys. Despite the attempts from some servers over the years, our boys have never seen the kids menus. A cruise is a chance for them to experiment... there have been some bombs, but mostly they think it's cool to tell people they eat escargot!