Nightlight in bathroon outlet?

mspink98

I know that we can't plug anything substantial into the outlet meant for a shaver in the bathroom, but has anyone ever plugged in a nightlight? We've had one plugged in by the vanity in the past, but it might be more useful in the bathroom.

I'm now leaving the curtains slightly ajar. That normally gives us just a bit of light to get to and from the loo ... but also wakes me up in the morning so I don't waste the whole day sleeping!!!

I like that idea! I've left the bathroom light on and closed the door in the past, only to be blinded when I open the door, and almost have to crawl back to bed to avoid death by tripping.

I knew you guys would come through for me. Thanks! :D

Brookstone sells a great travel alarm clock that is about the size of a deck of cards. When you left it up, the bottom is a flashlight to help you find the bathroom in the night when you're in unfamiliar surroundings. I think this is brilliant.

Land or sea, I always have a nightlight (with extra bulb) and a small flash light (with extra batteries) with us. On the cruise we like nightlight plugged in by the vanity. After coming back home and unpacking everything else I leave nightlight and flash light to my carry-on pack for the next trip.

Our travel night light (which can double as a reading light if needed) has a part you lift up then it only comes on when there is movement in the room. Perfect for cabin bathrooms.

If anyone wants the name off of it, let me know.

Previously we tried the light on in the bathroom and the door partly open but when seas were rough in the middle of the night it would swing open and light up the room -- not so good for sleeping!

I like that idea! I've left the bathroom light on and closed the door in the past, only to be blinded when I open the door, and almost have to crawl back to bed to avoid death by tripping.

I knew you guys would come through for me. Thanks! :D

I've had success with leaving the light on but the door closed.

There has been just enough light coming from the bottom of the door to get me to the bathroom without tripping over something. Then when I get there, I turn off the light before opening the door. On the past ships that I've been on, the fluorescent light bulbs retain enough of a glow for a few seconds to allow me to get in there and find what I need to find.

Then when I'm done, I go back out, close the door and turn the light back on.

I've tried leaving the door open just a little, but yes as noted, a little ship movement leaves the door banging shut, which certainly wakes you up!

Theron

When we've had inside cabins we just leave the light on in the bathroom with the door slightly ajar. We've never had a problem with the door banging and keeping us awake. We normally book promenade cabins. You can leave the curtains slightly apart giving a small amount of light in your room. It's enough that you can get around.

Archived