Lightweight Travel Raincoat?

atdahop

Lots of places--what style are you looking for? I travel with a casual goretex jacket from LL Bean (as does my husband--different coats:p ) Travelsmith has many varieties, as does Magellans. You can find nice prices at London Fog outlet stores (Totes) if you have any near you. Sometimes TJ Maxx, Marshalls & Ross have a suitable jacket as well (but I've never seen goretex there:( )

I love my mycra pak travel coat. It is very well made and stylish and comes in a small drawstring pouch. They are pricey but worth it if this is an item that gets a lot of use as mine does. Lots of styles and you can sometimes find on sale.

LLBEAN has a wonderful one in the h2off line-check the website. I can vouch for it keeping you dry--and the hood is detachable. Shed the rain very well in Alaska and in Colorado and even here in Illinois. Next trip for my raincoat will be northern europe.

I've got a Marmot Pre-cip jacket. It functions as a rain jacket and a lightweight shell for layering. I've used it on my two trips up to Vancouver/Whistler. Twice, it rained all day while I was out hiking about. I didn't get wet. It has "pit zips" so that you can get some ventilation while being protected from the rain - handy when you're walking around a lot. The jacket comes in several good colors. The marmot website (http://www.marmot.com) shows all the colors available. Their price of $99 is the most you should pay. Some places have older models and will sell for less.

I love my mycra pak travel coat. It is very well made and stylish and comes in a small drawstring pouch. They are pricey but worth it if this is an item that gets a lot of use as mine does. Lots of styles and you can sometimes find on sale.

I hadn't heard of this brand before but looked them up -- they look great! Thanks for posting. Are they really lightweight?

I hadn't heard of this brand before but looked them up -- they look great! Thanks for posting. Are they really lightweight?

Mine is full length (mid calf) and is a beautiful deep bronze color with a black flocked print. It is a limited edition they make only near the holidays. The collar is a rollover style and pleated, very chic.:) The whole thing comes in a small pouch that fits easily in my backpack or tote. Very lightweight and pretty enough to wear out dressed up. They also have a belted short smoking jacket style I love.

where are they sold? you have a website for them?

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a darling little rain jacket in a soft mint color at Cabela's.

Cabelas.com if you don't have a store near you.

They have a lot of different colors. Soft yellow, pink, powder blue, black, red and alot more.

There are jackets with hoods and jackets that have the hood rolled up.

There are shorter jackets as well as over the hip.

I also like the fact that they have a soft mesh lining and they aren't rubbery like some rain jackets I've seen.

I love this northface -- it is my "summer" rain jacket (yes, in the pac NW we have seasonal raincoats) super light, great pockets and venting, black goes with everything and $99. Plus, North Face has a lifetime warranty on all their gear, so if anything happens, just bring it back and they fix it. If you are not near NF or REI, can get online through Nordstrom:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2956246?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=guidednav&keyword=northface+in+All+Categories+%3e+Women%27s+Apparel&origin=searchresults

Columbia has a raincoat in softer colors, bought one, but haven't tried it out yet (no rain), so I'm hoping it will keep me dry. I got it at the outlet store, but you can check on line. Also Bass Pro has womens rain jackets and you can order on line.

Archived