RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

I purchase more minutes the last day of our first cruise as they are very low for 15 or 30 minutes and carry them forward. We always end up buying more the second cruise anyway but it does save a little bit to have some lower cost minutes to bring forward. We are never charged a second activation fee as long as we don't let our minutes run down to nothing.

Greg, I'm sure over the next several days, things will improve. Just having that many TA's, high muckey mucks (as you call them;) ) etc., on board had to be quite a challenge.

So I'm sure the service issues will improve, but they can't do much about having cut back on public space, chairs and tables yet added people .... that's just the way it is.

I get so excited when I come on the board and see either you or Brian have posted. I just settle in for a good read and everything else I should be doing just has to wait.:)

Basicaly "seconding" all of the notes of appreciation for your time:) . Those of us who have had to pay for inernet onboard know that it takes a "time management expert" to post all the replies:) :) . Please give our best to all the CC'er friends onboard! Question: Is the Pinnacle Grill a "formal" venue every night, or only according to "ship's dress code" ?.... Enjoy it all ...... L.B.

shame on you Heather;)

of course Seattle "wind tested" the Cabanas before installing; they're probably "good to go" for up to 400 on the Balfour scale:eek:

as for "taste", there is none .. then again, who cares about taste as long as the dollar (sorry .. the Euro) comes first:rolleyes:

truly amazing how you can take a beautiful ship and destroy it by putting up what looks like "cheesey tent city":D

I wonder how much they would be "good to go for" on the Beaufort Scale?:D

AMEN!! After all the title of this thread is "RevNeals's Live Eurodam Report" not "Everyone's chance to give their opinions to HAL about what they feel should happen with the Cabanas".

Much agreed. Nothing has happened with the cabanas yet.

While standing in line at the Front Office today, I heard discussion about guests who had wanted to reserve particular cabanas and and had learned that certain cabanas had been fully booked for the next twenty days already.

So does this reflect the idea that the cabanas have been a complete and utter failure?

RevNeal, you said the music was really loud in the disco. Who is the DJ? Is it Matt or Jazzy? Also, could you take a pic of the aft pool. Maybe from the very back of the ship pointing forward. I have never seen a pic of that area. Seems everyone takes pics of the Lido Pool area. Just wondering if there is anything new back there. Also, I need to add my two cents about the Lido cabanas. They look like I should be Liz Taylor and have two buff men feeding me grapes. Oh dont forget the huge fans. ;) :D

Greg,

Thank you for your continued insights and comments. The pictures you posted show a truly beautiful ship.

As you said, any new ship will have "moments" as the crew finds their rythmn on a new ship.

I'd love to be there....but this is the next best thing!

RevNeal, I was so glad to see several posts by you. I'm hopeful with more staff and fewer VIPs you will receive the wonderful service HAL is noted for. I agree with you. The breakfast seating situation will need changes so that it can accommodate more tables and chairs for the additional pax that the Eurodam holds.

Have a wonderful time in the many ports you will be visiting! Did you book your shore excursions through HAL or on your own?

Rev. Neal, don't you find this rather infantile? Really, these are adults not drunken teenagers. What would you think if passengers you didn't know jumped up on the table on Eurodam (or any HAL ship) and started dancing?

I am surprised that most of you haven't commented on this. I guess I'm the only one who finds this behavior rather out-of-line for a so-called refined cruise line.

Enjoy yourselves by all means, but show a little sense of decorum.

I suspect you are not alone in your thinking but we were all forewarned by Mr. Neal that any criticism would lead to our posts being removed. You may be toast!!!!

Perhaps, Rev. Neal did not explain the circumstances completely....or perhaps I am having a "senior moment".... I interpreted his post to mean that......................................

"there is a camera somewhere on the dance floor that projected the images of the dancers onto the table tops as they remained on the dance floor " :confused: :confused: :confused: about what is confusing others:D

Greg.... you are welcome to "unconfuse" my interpretation;)

While standing in line at the Front Office today, I heard discussion about guests who had wanted to reserve particular cabanas and and had learned that certain cabanas had been fully booked for the next twenty days already.

So does this reflect the idea that the cabanas have been a complete and utter failure?

Well if that is the case -- would you please check everyday and see if these cabanas are really booked everyday??

Thank you.

If this is the case (a camera that projects images of dancers onto the tables), then, of course, I completely withdraw the comment. Somehow, though, I cannot imagine HAL having such a thing.

This is a long thread, but take a look at the picture in this post of Rev Neal's:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15278347&postcount=238

See the picture with Scotty and Mary Ellen dancing on the dance floor? Now look at the table -- the image of them dancing is ON the table. How cool is that?

I don't think there was any literal table dancing going on...;)

Rev,

You get an ``A'' for patience.

But sheesh, when you figure out how much you're spending, you get an ``A+'' for Jobe.

You're a better man than I. Ugly American would have kicked in 4 days ago.

Greg, thanks for your continued posts - I'd imagine with the first real cruise now underway that staff & passengers are equally excited, and that the service issues disappear as the crew familiarizes themselves with the ship and each other. Happy Sailing!

If those Cabanas came with two buff guys to feed me grapes.....now I'm interested in getting one:p

Gotta admit, I'd reconsider my opinion about them in that situation too. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Well if that is the case -- would you please check everyday and see if these cabanas are really booked everyday??

Thank you.

If they are truly booked up like that, then I'd have to guess that they are here to stay, and not just on the Eurodam, but on lots of other ships in the fleet as well.

Blue skies ...

--rita

No, these people just don't know what's all about, like booking a tour..

Rev. Neal, don't you find this rather infantile? Really, these are adults not drunken teenagers. What would you think if passengers you didn't know jumped up on the table on Eurodam (or any HAL ship) and started dancing?

I am surprised that most of you haven't commented on this. I guess I'm the only one who finds this behavior rather out-of-line for a so-called refined cruise line.

Enjoy yourselves by all means, but show a little sense of decorum.

Well, the northern lights are always empty, that's why you get this kind of behavior, It would be a good idea that they should bring the cabanas down from the Lido to this 'disco', club..

This is a long thread, but take a look at the picture in this post of Rev Neal's:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15278347&postcount=238

See the picture with Scotty and Mary Ellen dancing on the dance floor? Now look at the table -- the image of them dancing is ON the table. How cool is that?

I don't think there was any literal table dancing going on...;)

You nailed it!!...

I just have a minute, but wanted to jump in and say we are having a wonderful time! The ship is stunning. Sure, a few glitches pop up, but all is very well. Tamarind is superb. Don't miss it.

If you can get an aft cabin, DO IT! Our room is very deep. The verandah is one inch shy of 8 feet deep. Very spacious. We miss the dressing area drawers from higher category cabins, but this VA aft is very, very nice.

More later.

Jim, just wanted you to know it is HOT here in McKinney, sure you miss that! Thanks to both of you for your reports, hope things improve with the service now. RevNeal, love your pictures.

Archived